Rans Screamer , Tandem Recumbent with ***** Bag - Chicagoland

pezalinski

Oct 15, 2010
My cycling partner is no longer interested, so I would like our lovely RansScreamer to find a new home. It is in excellent condition, new tires and seat covers (replaced yearly), and I'll even include the bike computer.... $1500 OBO, cash on pick-up.

Hello - I am very interested in your Screamer. My 14 yr old son wants to do a transamerica ride to raise money for feedingamerica.org next summer & I need a recumbent due to back issues. We are in Kansas City, but I can travel to pickup the bike. What year is the bike? Approx how many miles has it been ridden? Any damage to the bike? Do any components need replaced? Any upgrades to the stock bike? Please contact me. Thank you, Gregg

It's a 2001 Screamer, bought new; mostly stock components. Upgrades: Front and read fenders, Tailwind pack, bike computer, shamano pedals, handlebar grips, multi-tread tires, new seat covers. Well maintained -- local shops for annual maintenance each spring. No accidents. I chose the best possible recumbent tandem because of my ex-wife's scoliosis, and it was a wonderful bike for us -- It's been on long rides (including a century and a few 4-day excursions) and numerous short rides.Bough it at Wheel&Sprocket in Milwaukee to and road ardently for about 5 years.Has sat in storage since the divorce. 'Nuff said. Currently parked in my garage in Barrington, IL.

I used to own a Ford F150, and transported it using a fork-mount bar in the standard-sized bed, with the rear wheel resting on the open gate. Still have the bar, will donate it to the cause if you're coming to buy the bike.

- Peter Zalinski

Peter,

Would you still have the Screamer or was it sold to the gentlemen from Kansas?

Thanks
T Hart

We have a Rans Screamer for sale in the Seattle area. Will be posting an ad soon. Upgrades included Front Suspension Ballistic 500A and Sachs Power Disc Brakes.