RANS Tailwind Gearing

Michael Grimes

Guest
Has anyone made changes to extend the gearing range of the Tailwind? I'm thinking of purchasing one,
but it doesn't seem to have enough range on either end.

the chainrings on the standard tailwind have a good range..the issue is that the shifting to the 62
teeth big ring can be dicey if the shifting is smooth to the middle and small rings..there are
brazings for a hub gear..some have changed out the front gears to a standard racing triple..r
"Michael Grimes" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone made changes to extend the gearing range of the Tailwind? I'm thinking of purchasing
> one, but it doesn't seem to have enough range on either end.

The TW has a range of 28 to 112. The V-REX and the Stratus 24 to 122. If you are a climb and coast
person lowering the TW to a 52/42/30 works well. If you want you can also use a SRAM 3 X 8 dual
drive with a 52/42/30 and have good variety of gears depending on what cassette you select. You can
also customize the front CW choice and cassette to reduce the number of near duplicate gearing.

news:[email protected]...