Rans Tailwind

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joseph J. Sulli, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
    equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
    particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

    --
    Joe Sullivan

    Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to them.
    (p. 128)

    > I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
    > equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
    > particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

    Not to repeat myself but...

    RANS has an excellent reputation. The tailwind is a good bike. It may not be the best for touring.
    The Hostelshoppe is selling new 2002 for $769, so this might not be the best deal.

  3. Bob Cardone

    Bob Cardone Guest

    "Joseph J. Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
    >equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
    >particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

    It's a great Bike. You may be able to bargain him down a bit. I paid $999 for mine in 1998.

    Bob

  4. Brian Hughes

    Brian Hughes Guest

    I have a 2002 RANS Tailwind (which I believe is identical to the 2001 Tailwind) and have been very
    happy with it. I've ridden it 1850 miles at last check since last June, and they have been the most
    comfortable miles I've ever experienced on a bike (this is my first recumbent). If you're comparing
    prices, I paid $1100 (plus tax) for a new bike, a RANS rear rack, a kick stand, front and back
    fenders, a mirror, and a computer.

    Brian

    "Joseph J. Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling
    > 2001 Rans Tailwind equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any
    > comments on this particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for
    > this item?
    >
    > --
    > Joe Sullivan
    >
    > Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to
    them.
    > (p. 128)

  5. Mike Warner

    Mike Warner Guest

    Joseph J. Sullivan wrote:

    > I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
    > equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
    > particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?
    >
    > --
    > Joe Sullivan
    >
    > Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to them. (p. 128)

    Do you have any predilections toward wheelbase (SWB,LWB,CLWB) and steering (OSS, USS)? I'd do a bit
    more "bench-riding" before making up my mind. Are you competitive? Do you just want to relax or do
    you want to haul ass?

    mike
    --
    Replace "crap" with "warnerm" in my email addr