Rans Tailwind

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joseph J. Sulli

I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

--
Joe Sullivan

Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to them.
(p. 128)

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
> equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
> particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

Not to repeat myself but...

RANS has an excellent reputation. The tailwind is a good bike. It may not be the best for touring.
The Hostelshoppe is selling new 2002 for $769, so this might not be the best deal.

"Joseph J. Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
>equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
>particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?

It's a great Bike. You may be able to bargain him down a bit. I paid $999 for mine in 1998.

Bob

I have a 2002 RANS Tailwind (which I believe is identical to the 2001 Tailwind) and have been very
happy with it. I've ridden it 1850 miles at last check since last June, and they have been the most
comfortable miles I've ever experienced on a bike (this is my first recumbent). If you're comparing
prices, I paid $1100 (plus tax) for a new bike, a RANS rear rack, a kick stand, front and back
fenders, a mirror, and a computer.

Brian

"Joseph J. Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling
a
> 2001 Rans Tailwind equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any
> comments on this particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for
> this item?
>
> --
> Joe Sullivan
>
> Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to
them.
> (p. 128)
>

Joseph J. Sullivan wrote:

> I'm currently thinking about buying a recumbent. I found a person selling a 2001 Rans Tailwind
> equipped with a Topeak computer, he's asking $699. I would appreciate any comments on this
> particular manufacturer and model. Also, is this a reasonable price for this item?
>
> --
> Joe Sullivan
>
> Ramakrishna: The more you think of worldly things, the more you will be attached to them. (p. 128)

Do you have any predilections toward wheelbase (SWB,LWB,CLWB) and steering (OSS, USS)? I'd do a bit
more "bench-riding" before making up my mind. Are you competitive? Do you just want to relax or do
you want to haul ass?

mike
--
Replace "****" with "warnerm" in my email addr

Status
Not open for further replies.