RANS V2 FORMULA

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Marci Taylor, Jun 3, 2003.

  1. Marci Taylor

    Marci Taylor Guest

    I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    complete. The earlier weight published was
    28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked it
    but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a chance
    to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

    Tags:

  2. If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I wonder if you will like the V2
    positions?

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush

    "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked it
    > but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

  3. John Riley

    John Riley New Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2003
    Her other bikes have higher BB's, closer to the V2, so I don't think that will necessarily be an issue. If she liked the old V2 bars, the new ones might not work for her though. Did you ask for the old style bars, Marci?

    JohnRiley1 (at) rogers.com

  4. Marci Taylor

    Marci Taylor Guest

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I wonder if you will like the V2
    > positions?

    There is about 2 inches difference between the V2 formula and the BB with the BB being higher by
    2 inches. The GRR I believe has a difference of 8 t 10 inches with the BB being that much lower
    than the seat. I don't see what you are asking??? They seem worlds apart in their riding
    positions.??? Marci
    > --
    > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush
    >
    > "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked
    > > it but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

  5. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    [email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in news:8a5340b2.0306030835.9fec1a7 @posting.google.com:

    > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked it
    > but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

    You think 6lbs will be a noticable difference??????????

  6. > You think 6lbs will be a noticable difference??????????
    Gosh, What a silly question to ask Marci. I have been a participant in this NG for four years and to
    date Marci has gone thru more bikes than I have fingers and toes. Even had a Tailwind modified to a
    26/20. A Saber, a Dakota on and on...my heads spinning.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in
    > @posting.google.com:
    >
    > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked
    > > it but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor
    >
    > You think 6lbs will be a noticable difference??????????

  7. Mike S

    Mike S Guest

    [email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked it
    > but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

    Marci: From recollection you also own a Vision Sabre and a modified Tailwind. Does the move to the
    V2 mean you aren't as happy with either bike? I am especially interested in your thoughts about your
    Sabre which seems to be in the arena of the "hot" market right now (dual 26" wheels). I know with
    your custom wheels (shown last year) it was one nice looking unit.

    Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

  8. Come on guys! You're going to talk her into selling this bike before she even takes ownership of it!
    I'm not sure, but I don't THINK that's happened before:)>)...DP

    > Robert Siegel wrote:
    > > If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I wonder if you will like
    > > the V2 positions?

    > Her other bikes have higher BB's, closer to the V2, so I don't think that will necessarily be an
    > issue. If she liked the old V2 bars, the new ones might not work for her though. Did you ask for
    > the old style bars, Marci?
    >
    > JohnRiley1 (at) rogers.com

  9. Obviously, I was wrong ... I somehow had thought the V2 had a higher seat and lower BB, much
    like the GRR.

    --
    Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I
    wonder
    > > if you will like the V2 positions?
    > >

    > There is about 2 inches difference between the V2 formula and the BB with the BB being higher by
    > 2 inches. The GRR I believe has a difference of 8 t 10 inches with the BB being that much lower
    > than the seat. I don't see what you are asking??? They seem worlds apart in their riding
    > positions.??? Marci
    > > --
    > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush
    > >
    > > "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > > > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > > > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked
    > > > it but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get
    > > > a chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor

  10. Marci Taylor

    Marci Taylor Guest

    John Riley <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Robert Siegel wrote:
    > > If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I wonder if you will like
    > > the V2 positions? "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8a5340b2.0306-
    > > [email protected]:[email protected] ng.google.com...
    > > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2.
    >

    > Her other bikes have higher BB's, closer to the V2, so I don't think that will necessarily be an
    > issue. If she liked the old V2 bars, the new ones might not work for her though. Did you ask for
    > the old style bars, Marci?
    >
    > JohnRiley1 (at) rogers.com

    No, I definitely want the new style bars. They are like the ones on my R64 Saber. They are much more
    comfortable. I demoed a V2, the regular one , 2003 model with the new bars and loved them!!!!!

  11. Cbb

    Cbb Guest

    That would be the Stratus. The V2 is very similar in riding position to the Vrex. Craig

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Obviously, I was wrong ... I somehow had thought the V2 had a higher seat and lower BB, much like
    > the GRR.
    >
    > --
    > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > If you do not like the bottom-racket-to-seat positioning on a GRR I
    > wonder
    > > > if you will like the V2 positions?
    > > >

    > > There is about 2 inches difference between the V2 formula and the BB with the BB being higher by
    > > 2 inches. The GRR I believe has a difference of 8 t 10 inches with the BB being that much lower
    > > than the seat. I don't see what you are asking??? They seem worlds apart in their riding
    > > positions.??? Marci
    > > > --
    > > > Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush
    > > >
    > > > "Marci Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

  12. "Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You think 6lbs will be a noticable difference??????????
    > Gosh, What a silly question to ask Marci. I have been a participant in this NG for four years and
    > to date Marci has gone thru more bikes than I have fingers and toes. Even had a Tailwind modified
    > to a 26/20. A Saber, a Dakota on and on...my heads spinning.
    >
    > --
    > Jude....///Bacchetta AERO St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor Cycle and
    > Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645 "MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > [email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in
    > > @posting.google.com:
    > >
    > > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > > > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > > > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked
    > > > it but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get
    > > > a chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor
    > >
    > > You think 6lbs will be a noticable difference??????????

    I think Marci IMHO, isn't happy unless she's buying a new syle recumbent.

  13. Marci Taylor

    Marci Taylor Guest

    [email protected] (mike s) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Marci Taylor) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I just ordered a new RANS FORMULA V2. I was impressed with the weight at an honest 27 pounds
    > > complete. The earlier weight published was
    > > 28.5 but RANS says the final production version will be 27 pounds. I owned a 2001 V2 and liked
    > > it but found it to be heavy at 33 pounds. The scheduled delivery date is July 4. Anyone get a
    > > chance to ride one of these or see one or have one on order? Marci Taylor
    >

    > Marci: From recollection you also own a Vision Sabre and a modified Tailwind. Does the move to the
    > V2 mean you aren't as happy with either bike? I am especially interested in your thoughts about
    > your Sabre which seems to be in the arena of the "hot" market right now (dual 26" wheels). I know
    > with your custom wheels (shown last year) it was one nice looking unit.
    >
    > Mike S. St. Louis, Mo.

    Hi Mike: No, ordering the new bike doesn't mean that I am unhappy with the Saber or the mod.
    tailwind. Both are great bikes. In fact, the saber may be one of the few bikes that are keepers for
    me. I really do love it and it's performance. The mod. tailwind is nice too, just really an easy
    bike to ride. I do just really enjoy buying different bikes, it's my favorite hobby. I guess it's a
    better addiction than driking, or drugs, etc, at least its good for me!!!!!

  14. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    > I do just really enjoy buying different bikes, it's my favorite hobby. I guess it's a better
    > addiction than driking, or drugs, etc, at least its good for me!!!!!

    You go girl!!! It's a very NICE addiction:) There are people out there who will literally wind up
    spending more on drugs, drinking, etc. in say 3-6 months than you've spend on all the recumbents
    you've owned put togather.

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  15. g19glock1

    g19glock1 New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    :D Here, Here! Drug & Booze & Smoke free and lovin it.
    I also am saving for a LWB which will probably be a V2 formula, next year.