RANS Vivo Fenders

Pamela Dallas

Guest
RANS Vivo owners:

I'm considering purchasing a 2002 Vivo which does *not* have fenders,
which I consider essential for touring. This Vivo has a front shock
fork, but I don't remember name of the fork manufacturer.

Did RANS offer fenders for the Vivo? Do any of you have them mounted?
Any problems with mounting or with subsequent use?

Has anybody mounted Planet Bike fenders on their Vivo? Experience with
these fenders?

Pamela Dallas wrote:
> RANS Vivo owners:
>
> I'm considering purchasing a 2002 Vivo which does *not* have fenders,
> which I consider essential for touring. This Vivo has a front shock
> fork, but I don't remember name of the fork manufacturer.
>
> Did RANS offer fenders for the Vivo? Do any of you have them mounted?
> Any problems with mounting or with subsequent use?
>
> Has anybody mounted Planet Bike fenders on their Vivo? Experience

with
> these fenders?

I installed Planet Bike fenders on Vivo and it works great. If you
would like, I can send you a picture of it.
Victor

Pamela Dallas said:
RANS Vivo owners:

Has anybody mounted Planet Bike fenders on their Vivo? Experience with
these fenders?

I've had better luck with the Rans fender$. I haven't had good luck with the fender/stay interface on the PB recumbent specific fenders. They did a special clip so the stay could connect to the fender anywhere and fit a wide variety of recumbents. The PB fenders with the traditional interface are ok.

This bike probably has RST shocks front and rear. The fork has to work for you as is, since RST is no longer supporting it (i.e. you can't get a heavier spring from them).

The CG moves as you move the seat, so tuning the suspension on this bike can be tricky (eg front too soft and rear too firm, if you are short).

Make sure the seat works. Make sure that when you have it set the way you want it, the QR is not digging into the underside of the frame tube. Also check to see that there is a plastic sleeve over the QR shaft.

Make sure you don't feel the rear of the seat pan when you sit on it.

You can email me privately if you want to discuss further:

john riley 1 at rogers dot com