RapDaddyo you're sorely missed !!!

Sillyoldtwit

Jan 13, 2006
Although as I've already said, I feel it is my fault that he has chosen not to grace these forums with his presence, I think I'm not alone in wishing he would again log in and as always offer sound invaluable advice to people like myself struggling to "make the damn bike go faster for longer".
1001.gif

So RD, come on let's hear from you if only to say you're OK and the training is going well.

All those who agree say, AY!

I think about RD and smile every time I hear the words "Slow down speedy your killing my legs":)

I'll 'fifth' that sentiment...

Hopefully all is well with him...

peterwright said:
Me too - why has he gone ?

Did he post a reason ?
These are my thought's also, Peter.
I haven't been using this forum so much of late, but the reason I logged on today was to find out where RD had posted, if anywhere, and then I found this thread.
RD, hope you're OK and training's going well :)

He was always an absolute stalwart of this particular forum. What has become of him?

dkrenik said:
Does this have to do with what he was doing at Interbike this past Fall?

I got the impression he was busy trying to develop and then launch some new type of power meter, training software or something like that.

I was just thinking to myself the other day. I wonder what happended to Rap?

Hopefully he'll return, he's been an extremely valued poster!:)

Curlew, whose friendly encouraging posts I'm sure inspired many of this forum's readers, also seems to have disappeared. Hope you are well Curlew and riding strongly.:)
Tyson

Sillyoldtwit said:
Curlew, whose friendly encouraging posts I'm sure inspired many of this forum's readers, also seems to have disappeared. Hope you are well Curlew and riding strongly.:)
Tyson
Disappeared? No way! I check in at Cycling Forums everyday. I don't want to miss anything during the lead up to the next encounter with "The Smoker!"

Well, those days that I could see so clearly all winter long down in my basement on the trainer are finally here. There is an "Endless Summer" of weekend races on the calendar stretching as far as the eye can see. I'm so excited.

The power, the power, oh my gosh. It accumulates so slowly. But when you compare your riding from one year to the next you can really see the gains. Last year at this time after 4 months on the Tyson-Rapdaddyo "plan" I was in a Cat 4/5 circuit race where we hit a hill every 1 mile lap. The hill sent my heart rate through the ceiling then the big guys who suffered on the way up took over and drove the pace up on the downside. I got dropped HARD after about 1/3 of the race.

I got in this year's race on the same course a couple of weeks ago. What a difference a year makes! After 14 months on "The Plan" the hill and course that did me in last year was EASY! After about six 21-23 mph trips up the hill without getting too winded, I knew I was a different rider. Even in the middle of the excitement and closeness of that bike race, a feeling of indebtedness overtook me. Cresting that hill, seated, with plenty of power to spare, riders laboring out of the saddle around me, I really felt indebted to you and RD for inspiring me and teaching me how to use a trainer.

So, who knows what will happen next. There are so many good days of riding ahead. You are one of the first to arrive at the race course and an early morning fog is just lifting. The promoters sound system crackles to life and a forgotten part of the midwest comes to life with music, a small crowd, team colors and shining, fast bikes. The splendor and fullness of reality. Contact!

I agree he is the man - but it's likely he's been out riding! Like myself, this is my first time logging in in months... I just cracked the 2500 mile mark for 07, which I am quite proud of given I have a full time job, attend evening courses to finish my BA, have a wife, and enjoy life...

HR

RapDaddy is out there!

I also miss RDs comments and hope all is well and he is just out there getting stronger -- maybe FTP 500!!

Sillyoldtwit said:
Although as I've already said, I feel it is my fault that he has chosen not to grace these forums with his presence, I think I'm not alone in wishing he would again log in and as always offer sound invaluable advice to people like myself struggling to "make the damn bike go faster for longer".
1001.gif

So RD, come on let's hear from you if only to say you're OK and the training is going well.

All those who agree say, AY!

Looks like nothing is going to get RapDaddyo to come back - not before my FTP is 300watts anyway.

What's that? Someone in the background said, that means he's never coming back. Cheeky monkey!:D

Tyson

Hookyrider said:
I agree he is the man - but it's likely he's been out riding! Like myself, this is my first time logging in in months... I just cracked the 2500 mile mark for 07, which I am quite proud of given I have a full time job, attend evening courses to finish my BA, have a wife, and enjoy life...

HR

RapDaddy is out there!

I find doing all that is amazing! You must have very little sleep though.

Maybe RD quit biking?

Me, I'm not biking that much anymore just bike enough to maintain my weight and have some exercise every week.

JTE83 said:
I find doing all that is amazing! You must have very little sleep though.

Maybe RD quit biking?

Me, I'm not biking that much anymore just bike enough to maintain my weight and have some exercise every week.
RD quit biking?!?! That's like saying Bush is pulling the troops out of Iraq.:D
Tyson

How long has he been gone? I never noticed...

But I guess you guys wouldn't miss me. I'm just a weight loss Roadbiker with a good collection of bikes...