Rarely does cycling technology take such a great leap forward...

Looks like some enterprising soul has been reading back issues of the Rivendell Reader and noted
the article where their Banana Bag (which is rather similar in design) is strapped to the bars to
carry a camera.

Also a funny idea is the assumption that weight weenies who don't want an extra ounce on the bike
will happily use this (ahem) codpiece for storage.. Most racer-types I know would rather starve or
freeze than carry anything.

And how do you cycle with this strapped to your waist? It looks like it'd be uncomfortable in a
bent-forward position. If you turned it around like a ***** pack, it'd be all right.

Joe

> Looks like some enterprising soul has been reading back issues of the
Rivendell
> Reader

Grant Peterson is quite obviously insane. How can he have any credibility when he openly disagrees
that European cycling pros are the natural model for all recreational/utilitarian cyclists?

> Also a funny idea is the assumption that weight weenies who don't want an
extra
> ounce on the bike will happily use this (ahem) codpiece for storage..

Once Lance and Tyler endorse it they will!

> And how do you cycle with this strapped to your waist?

Refer to pictures one and two... Picture three is the manliness-preserving off-bike mode of use.

> And how do you cycle with this strapped to your waist? It looks like it'd
be
> uncomfortable in a bent-forward position. If you turned it around like a
*****
> pack, it'd be all right.

Pretty sure this is a joke. At first I thought it was adult padding for the stem to protect your
crotch like they have padding on the top tube of children's bikes.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

> >http://128.83.80.200/bike/codpurse.html
>
> Okay, but where does one mount the cyclocomputer?

That would, indeed, be a problem, if I used one. My light is mounted on the front fender so my bar
tops are wide open. This was basically in response to wanting my cell phone, camera, and keys to be
in easy reach on the commute, but not wanting my handlebar bag and frame to weigh down the steering
on my otherwise lightly loaded bike. The Codpurse part, as someone observed, was a joke. But I've
seen arguably stupider stuff on the market!

I did that years ago! I used a 35mm camera case and a piece of steel rod bent to form a bracket to
mount it on the bar, rather that attach it directly. This was mainly to provide some shock
absorbtion as it is used to carry my Nikon 35mm camera, zoom lens and accessories on longer tours.

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:26:58 -0600, "Robert Canon" <[email protected]> may have said:

>http://128.83.80.200/bike/codpurse.html

I thought the point of that was to prevent damage that might potentially be *caused* by a sudden
great leap forward...

don't respond to something, it's also possible that I'm busy. Words processed in a facility that
contains nuts.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:21:36 GMT, John Everett <[email protected]> may
have said:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:26:58 -0600, "Robert Canon" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://128.83.80.200/bike/codpurse.html
>>

>Okay, but where does one mount the cyclocomputer?

I think we've had all the "mount" jokes we can take for one week.