Rash/Itching Caused By Shirt

jsche

Sep 29, 2010
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. Some friends of mine have convinced me to start cycling!

This has only been a problem for about 9 months. It was never an issue prior to that. If I run or cycle with a shirt on, I get very intense itching and irritation of my upper body, but primarily my chest and sides. If i run without a shirt on, there are no symptoms. The symptoms will last up to a week! I've tried cotton shirts and even polyester shirts don't make a difference. I was thinking about trying body glide which should reduce the irritation but I'm not sure if there is so other thing I'm overlooking. Anyways, it looks like just a red generic rash. On my sides, it seems as if 2 or 3 hair follicles are irritated. They are raised and almost blister like but very small - the size of a pin head. This is only after cycling an hour!

Any suggestions? This really sucks and I can't find anyone with the same problem.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that. I want to try a few other things before I see a doctor.

Turns out it's a heat rash. Dunno why I get it all of a sudden. Anyways, bought a wicking Pearl Izumi shirt today and it seems to have eliminated the problem.