RASH! URGENT HELP REQUIRED.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Smith, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Smith

John Smith Guest

Hopefully it's not just me that suffers from this irritating (embarrassing) problem, or maybe it is!
    In this rare warm weather that we are experiencing at the moment, I seem to get a sweat rash at the
    top of my legs, right in between the seat area (without being too graphic!). If anyone knows of a
    cure, or preventative way of this happening, I would be very grateful. Either that, or I carry on
    walking like I have just got off my horse! Cheers, embarrassingly in advance, John

Tags:

2. Paul Kelly

Paul Kelly Guest

"John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Hopefully it's not just me that suffers from this irritating
    (embarrassing)
    > problem, or maybe it is! In this rare warm weather that we are
    experiencing
    > at the moment, I seem to get a sweat rash at the top of my legs, right in between the seat area
    > (without being too graphic!). If anyone knows of a cure, or preventative way of this happening, I
    > would be very grateful. Either that, or I carry on walking like I have just got off my horse!
    > Cheers, embarrassingly in advance, John

Kamillosan cream for sore nipples and nappy rash - but also works on you problem. Instant relief!
    Over the counter at any pharmacy pk

3. John Smith

John Smith Guest

cheers Paul, I'm just nipping out to the chemist!

4. Paul Kelly

Paul Kelly Guest

5. Orienteer

Orienteer Guest

6. John Smith

John Smith Guest

Will do, don't worry! Then again..................

7. Well assuming there's not a non-cycling cause to the rash ;-)

Keep the area *scrupulously clean* shower immediately after cycling and make sure you dry it
    properly. Talc can help.

Then prior to donning cycling shorts, smooth some Savlon/Germolene type cream in to said area.

Also keep shorts scrupulously clean - wear once only before washing.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
    h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    overdependence on money and fame
    ~~~~~~~~~~

8. Tenex

Tenex Guest

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
    > Also keep shorts scrupulously clean - wear once only before washing.

i.e. ride home from work in the buff....? ;-)

9. Msa

Msa Guest

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >i.e. ride home from work in the buff....? ;-)
    >
    > Take a spare pair ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
    > h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
    > overdependence on money and fame
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

Wear shorts once, remove immeadiately after ride (I don't mean at the tea stop though!). Shower as
    soon as possible. Use Assos chamois cream on the area during the ride and coat with Sudacrem after
    showering. Works for me.

Mark

10. Orienteer

Orienteer Guest

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Wear shorts once, remove immeadiately after ride (I don't mean at the tea stop though!). Shower as
    > soon as possible. Use Assos chamois cream on
    the
    > area during the ride and coat with Sudacrem after showering. Works for
    me.
    >
    >
    > Mark
    >
    >

What does the 'os' stand for then?

11. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:21:40 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wear shorts once, remove immeadiately after ride (I don't mean at the tea stop though!). Shower as
    >soon as possible. Use Assos chamois cream on the area during the ride and coat with Sudacrem after
    >showering. Works for me.

I find that if you shower before and after the ride and make sure your shorts are clean and dry, and
    preferably dry out between riding in to work and riding home, there is no real problem. I have never
    had to use any of those fancy creams and preparations. But then I normally only ride short distances
    (up to 30 miles), with only the occasional 80-100 miles jaunt.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
    between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
    the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

12. Tony Raven

Tony Raven Guest

In news:[email protected], Orienteer
    <[email protected]> typed:
    > "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> Wear shorts once, remove immeadiately after ride (I don't mean at the tea stop though!). Shower
    >> as soon as possible. Use Assos chamois cream on the area during the ride and coat with Sudacrem
    >> after showering. Works for me.
    >>
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>
    >>
    >
    > What does the 'os' stand for then?

Operating system?

Tony

--
    http://www.raven-family.com

"All truth goes through three steps: First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
    Finally, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

13. Msa

Msa Guest

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:21:40 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Wear shorts once, remove immeadiately after ride (I don't mean at the tea stop though!). Shower
    > >as soon as possible. Use Assos chamois cream on
    the
    > >area during the ride and coat with Sudacrem after showering. Works for
    me.
    >
    > I find that if you shower before and after the ride and make sure your shorts are clean and dry,
    > and preferably dry out between riding in to work and riding home, there is no real problem. I have
    > never had to use any of those fancy creams and preparations. But then I normally only ride short
    > distances (up to 30 miles), with only the occasional 80-100 miles jaunt.
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    > notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of
    > downtime between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same
    > equipment on the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

I usually find that I'm OK until I up the mileage. I start getting problems after a few 100
    mile days.

Mark

14. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:29:15 +0000 (UTC), "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I usually find that I'm OK until I up the mileage. I start getting problems after a few 100
    >mile days.

That sounds fair. I make a point of keeping well clean in those areas anyway. We are dead posh and
    have a bidet ;-)

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
    between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
    the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

15. Msa

Msa Guest

> That sounds fair. I make a point of keeping well clean in those areas anyway. We are dead posh and
    > have a bidet ;-)
    >
    > Guy

Handy for washing the dirty MTB shoes in :)

Mark

16. James Hodson

James Hodson Guest

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:47:13 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That sounds fair. I make a point of keeping well clean in those areas anyway. We are dead posh and
    >have a bidet ;-)
    >

Well, if you will keep the coal in the bath ...

Water, soap, towel, talc, is what I say.

James

--
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Dscf0632.jpg

17. Dave Kahn

Dave Kahn Guest

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:47:13 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>That sounds fair. I make a point of keeping well clean in those areas anyway. We are dead posh and
    >have a bidet ;-)

Damn! I thought that was a footbath. :)

--
    Dave...

18. "John Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hopefully it's not just me that suffers from this irritating .....

Nope, it's me as well :-(

I've been to the doc for advice on this and he suggested that it could be a fungal infection.
    Without getting too graphic - like athlete's foot with pain instead if itching.

A course of Canestan crean (available over the counter) worked for me. Get the cream not the
    'other' form ;-)

May you be better very soon, Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.