Rasmussen, Bizarre

Theo Bekkers said:
Give him a break (no, not his arm) he had a brain malfunction.
I'm guessing most of you had no idea, hence your empathy for the git.

I don't really care personally about people calling my Dutch (Tam and Retro do it all the time because they think it stirs me up, which it doesn't). What does annoy me is the sheer stupidity of people who genuinely do not know the difference between Dutch & Danish. My budgie knows!!

Lotte

What! Are some of the people here Australians?
No wonder I couldn't find some of of your rides on my map of Republik
Österreich! I could never find that Buchestraße!

Yours etc,
Patrick
Canberra, Austria

LotteBum said:
I'm guessing most of you had no idea, hence your empathy for the git.
Lotte

Hey I don't mind you having a go at me and stirring me up because I do it to people all the time and am happy to take it back. But just keep the name calling to yourself, you don't even know who I am or what type of person am, which is the reason I don't really give a toss about you having a go at me, but resorting to name calling and labelling brings you back to some sort of childish mentality, so keep it to yourself, if you can't have a conversation about something without resorting to names, its a bit sad freaking sad.

Have I called you names or insulted your intelligence in some way or had a go at you personally like you have already called me , "unintelligent, ignorant and a git" and yet you don't even know me.

LotteBum wrote:
> RobWoozle Wrote:
>
>>Weird. Also he is Danish ;-)

> Took the words right out of my mouth. What is wrong with people who
> can't seem to grasp the fact that DANISH = Denmark, DUTCH =
> Netherlands? The two bear no resemblance, and the two countries aren't
> exactly next door to one another. Is it really that hard to get one's
> head around?

Oh no, it is easy. the dutch have no Viking ancestors and the Danish do
have Viking ancestors (as do certain scots and irish, but that is
another less clear story).

Terryc said:
LotteBum wrote:
> RobWoozle Wrote:
>
>>Weird. Also he is Danish ;-)

> Took the words right out of my mouth. What is wrong with people who
> can't seem to grasp the fact that DANISH = Denmark, DUTCH =
> Netherlands? The two bear no resemblance, and the two countries aren't
> exactly next door to one another. Is it really that hard to get one's
> head around?

Oh no, it is easy. the dutch have no Viking ancestors and the Danish do
have Viking ancestors (as do certain scots and irish, but that is
another less clear story).
yeah that's so weird...

my ancestors on both sides were Swedes, Danes, Belgians , Irish and Scots (& a touch of Froggie aka the Normans)...the dutch are in the middle...but didnt get into the equation or the gene pool...weird...must have been the way they (the Vikings) tracked their longships down the coast on their way to pillaging the Britons...the Dutch coast wasnt there then, so they (the Hollanders) got missed in the mist...and left to the Germans to be belted around..!...

Maybe that is why they leave their front windows wide open with the lights on now..."Please don't miss me...I'm here...come in and let me show you a good time with a bicycle pump etc!! (ducks)

LotteBum said:
I'm guessing most of you had no idea, hence your empathy for the git.
I don't really care personally about people calling my Dutch (Tam and Retro do it all the time because they think it stirs me up, which it doesn't). What does annoy me is the sheer stupidity of people who genuinely do not know the difference between Dutch & Danish. My budgie knows!!

I always mix up Switzerland and Sweden. I know which is which but I say the wrong one, like temporary dislexia or something. Looks like he did the same. What's the big deal?

hippy slip'a the tongue

"LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> RobWoozle Wrote:
>> Weird. Also he is Danish ;-)

> Took the words right out of my mouth. What is wrong with people who
> can't seem to grasp the fact that DANISH = Denmark, DUTCH =
> Netherlands? The two bear no resemblance, and the two countries aren't
> exactly next door to one another. Is it really that hard to get one's
> head around? From now on I'm going to start referring to Australians
> as Austrians.
>
> Lotte
>

> --
> LotteBum

They're very nearly next door to each other...there's not that much Germany
separating them. They were all Frisians once anyway (well, mostly). Not that
I tend to confuse the two, mind.

LotteBum wrote:

> What does annoy me is the sheer stupidity of people who
> genuinely do not know the difference between Dutch & Danish.

Danish make nice tarts, Dutch tarts have to pay for their own cakes?

> My budgie knows!!

You have a very smart budgie. My budgie continues to lay an egg every few
weeks and then sits on them. She is a bit lonely in there by herself and I
haven't the heart to tell her they won't hatch.

Theo

MikeyOz wrote:
> LotteBum Wrote:
>> I'm guessing most of you had no idea, hence your empathy for the git.

> Have I called you names or insulted your intelligence in some way or
> had a go at you personally like you have already called me ,
> "unintelligent, ignorant and a git" and yet you don't even know me.

Maybe she does Mikey. :)

Theo

hippy wrote:

> I always mix up Switzerland and Sweden. I know which is which but I
> say the wrong one, like temporary dislexia or something. Looks like
> he did the same. What's the big deal?

I do the same with some words. I mix up opposites like infer and imply even
though I know the meanings.
The Swiss have Fjords. Or was that Fiats.

Theo

Resound wrote:

> They're very nearly next door to each other...there's not that much
> Germany separating them. They were all Frisians once anyway (well,
> mostly). Not that I tend to confuse the two, mind.

There are actually two distinct types of Dutchies. Those blue-eyed blonde
Frisians from the north of the river Maas, and the olive-skinned,
dark-haired, brown-eyed Dutchies from South of the Maas. By a complete
coincidence the banks of the Maas was the northern limit of the Spanish
occupation in the 15th and 16th centuries. The darkies are also mostly
catholic, like the Spanish. The spanish had previously gained their
colouring from the Moorish invasion from Africa of their country a few
centuries earlier.

Theo
(a dark Dutchie)

MikeyOz said:
Have I called you names or insulted your intelligence in some way or had a go at you personally like you have already called me , "unintelligent, ignorant and a git" and yet you don't even know me.
No you haven't. But feel free to. I don't give a spank.

Lotte

On Jul 24, 10:20 am, LotteBum <LotteBum.2u7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> MikeyOz Wrote:> Have I called you names or insulted your intelligence in some way or had
> > a go at you personally like you have already called me , "unintelligent,
> > ignorant and a git" and yet you don't even know me.

> No you haven't. But feel free to. I don't give a spank.
>
> Lotte
>
> --
> LotteBum

Just don't call her slow.

rooman wrote:

> my ancestors on both sides were Swedes, Danes, Belgians , Irish and
> Scots (& a touch of Froggie aka the Normans)...the dutch are in the
> middle...but didnt get into the equation or the gene
> pool...weird...must have been the way they (the Vikings) tracked their
> longships down the coast on their way to pillaging the Britons...the
> Dutch coast wasnt there then, so they (the Hollanders) got missed in
> the mist...and left to the Germans to be belted around..!...

The vikings also did the west coast of Scotland and into Northern
Ireland, which when little sister's Danish father-in-law was reving up
the nieces that they were so lucky to have Viking blood from his side,
lead to an unexpected come back. Well, we actually have it from both
sides and mum's side has a fairy flag as well.

LS's father-in-law is at a decided disadvantage due to the germans.
Apparently the church records went up in flames during one of their
visits[1] and they (the danes) didn't get into this central registration
like the poms, etc. Not that it helps that much when your mobs departed
almost entirely before it started or was getting going. And we loose out
on the convict pips as well, bugger.

Dad's also a bit ****** becaused he has always dismissed as ******** the
story of having French ancestors. Yep, apparently his mother's Errey
line came from France during the Norman era. So, if I ever get to do the
family history bicycle tour of Great Britain, I am going to have to
visit the village of Errey in France as well. (phew, finally got it
vaguely back on topic {:).

[1] And in typical Irish fashion, they burnt their own lot and two of
our lines came out on the second irish orphan ship and missed getting
a mention in certain "histerical" recreations recently.

On Jul 24, 2:08 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> rooman wrote:
> > my ancestors on both sides were Swedes, Danes, Belgians , Irish and
> > Scots (& a touch of Froggie aka the Normans)...the dutch are in the
> > middle...but didnt get into the equation or the gene
> > pool...weird...must have been the way they (the Vikings) tracked their
> > longships down the coast on their way to pillaging the Britons...the
> > Dutch coast wasnt there then, so they (the Hollanders) got missed in
> > the mist...and left to the Germans to be belted around..!...

> The vikings also did the west coast of Scotland and into Northern
> Ireland, which when little sister's Danish father-in-law was reving up
> the nieces that they were so lucky to have Viking blood from his side,
> lead to an unexpected come back. Well, we actually have it from both
> sides and mum's side has a fairy flag as well.
>
> LS's father-in-law is at a decided disadvantage due to the germans.
> Apparently the church records went up in flames during one of their
> visits[1] and they (the danes) didn't get into this central registration
> like the poms, etc. Not that it helps that much when your mobs departed
> almost entirely before it started or was getting going. And we loose out
> on the convict pips as well, bugger.
>
> Dad's also a bit ****** becaused he has always dismissed as ******** the
> story of having French ancestors. Yep, apparently his mother's Errey
> line came from France during the Norman era. So, if I ever get to do the
> family history bicycle tour of Great Britain, I am going to have to
> visit the village of Errey in France as well. (phew, finally got it
> vaguely back on topic {:).
>
> [1] And in typical Irish fashion, they burnt their own lot and two of
> our lines came out on the second irish orphan ship and missed getting
> a mention in certain "histerical" recreations recently.

Terry, have you been drinking?

Donga

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> Resound wrote:
>
>> They're very nearly next door to each other...there's not that much
>> Germany separating them. They were all Frisians once anyway (well,
>> mostly). Not that I tend to confuse the two, mind.

> There are actually two distinct types of Dutchies. Those blue-eyed blonde
> Frisians from the north of the river Maas, and the olive-skinned,
> dark-haired, brown-eyed Dutchies from South of the Maas. By a complete
> coincidence the banks of the Maas was the northern limit of the Spanish
> occupation in the 15th and 16th centuries. The darkies are also mostly
> catholic, like the Spanish. The spanish had previously gained their
> colouring from the Moorish invasion from Africa of their country a few
> centuries earlier.
>
> Theo
> (a dark Dutchie)

What are you suggesting Theo?

Dorfus

Donga wrote:

> Terry, have you been drinking?

Only milo on this cold day.
It is just very potted family history.
Sort of like watching someone else slides I guess..

Dorfus Dippintush wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> There are actually two distinct types of Dutchies. Those blue-eyed
>> blonde Frisians from the north of the river Maas, and the
>> olive-skinned, dark-haired, brown-eyed Dutchies from South of the
>> Maas. By a complete coincidence the banks of the Maas was the
>> northern limit of the Spanish occupation in the 15th and 16th
>> centuries. The darkies are also mostly catholic, like the Spanish.
>> The spanish had previously gained their colouring from the Moorish
>> invasion from Africa of their country a few centuries earlier.

> What are you suggesting Theo?

That there is no such thing as a pure race of people, particularly not in
Europe. People moved about, and they screwed the nearest available person,
without discussing the genealogy of their possible offspring first. In the
case of the Dutch, the most obvious pairings were with the Scandinavians in
the North, and the Spanish in the South. Pairings with French or Germans
would be less obvious as the locals had all been screwing each other for
millennia.

Theo