Rasmussen in the mix in next years Tour?

Not likely.

A/ he will be rubbish without the dope.

B/ The Tour organisers won't allow him to start.

classic1 said:
Not likely.

A/ he will be rubbish without the dope.

B/ The Tour organisers won't allow him to start.

He never tested positive. At worst he used a substance outside of competition to aid training. Not good, but I doubt if it made a major difference. I reckon he would still be amongst the favourites.

It would be unfair not to allow him back when there are other tour riders who have actually tested positive back in the peloten.

TheDangerMan said:
He never tested positive. At worst he used a substance outside of competition to aid training. Not good, but I doubt if it made a major difference. I reckon he would still be amongst the favourites.

It would be unfair not to allow him back when there are other tour riders who have actually tested positive back in the peloten.

serious.jpg

Rasmussen is one of the best climbers in the history of cycling. Don't you want to see him up against the Schlecks and Contador next year?

TheDangerMan said:
Rasmussen is one of the best climbers in the history of cycling. Don't you want to see him up against the Schlecks and Contador next year?

You're special.

TheDangerMan said:

You live in a fantasy world. This guy has been doping since he was MTB world champ nearly a decade ago. We're talking about shipping himself some bovine growth hormone inside a pair of cycling shoes.

Yeah, he's OK, let's bring him back. On top of that, he's always looked super-healthy, no cause for concern whatsoever.

jimmypop said:
On top of that, he's always looked super-healthy, no cause for concern whatsoever.

To me, he always looked like cycling's version of M. Jackson. :D

Ras is a true winner of TDF 07 while Contadoper is a true loser of TDF 07. If Contadoper he can race despite the involvement in OP then RAS can win TDF despite whereabouts.
At first Ras should sign with normal team. I don't know if he had but in the eyes of ASO his case is as scandalous as the cases of Landis and Vino.

Even if they allow the Chicken back in the game, to be a real threat to Conti or Schleck Jr, he needs to learn how to ITT properly. No point in gaining minutes on the high terrain, then lose as many minutes in the ITT. Conti upped his game in the ITT and look where it got him. I'm sure Schleck Jr. will be hanging out at wind tunnels and tweaking his training this winter to be on par with the top ITT guys. Or Conti will ride away with next year's Tour.

As far as I'm concerned, the Chicken's "crime" is less than that of Conti's. The Chicken missed an out of doping control and lied about it. Conti was linked to OP and deep in with Saiz's boys. The difference was that the Spanish Federation stuck up for their boy, nobody stuck up for the Chicken that hung out in Mexico.

With the return of a man with 6 EPO samples, there is no reason to not accept Rasmussen, Landis, Hamilton and Vino. Maybe Ricco and Schumacher could joint the fiesta.

swampy1970 said:
"Rasmussen's test could not be declared positive because of the positivity criteria of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)."

Not that it matters. It would seem as though the UCI is seemingly advising teams that hiring him would not be a good thing...

Rasmussen Denied Contract On UCI Advice | Cyclingnews.com

Seems vindictive not to allow him back. Despite being a great climber, he never improved on his TT throughout his career. That's surely more believable than Contador's amazing TT improvements and his extraordinary numbers on the Swiss climb that got people scratching their heads.

TheDangerMan said:

Yes, and while we're at it someone should give Vino a call and look up Floyd at the same time...:)

We could organize a Alped'Huez criterium of dopers with:
Landis, Contador, Rasmussen, Basso, Ricco, Mayo, Sella,... and of course the master of doping: sir Lance Armstrong.

Johann Bruyneel, the Hog, could be the big advisor of that circus.