Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Trajectum, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saluki

saluki New Member

No one would like to see Levi win more than me. Before the race started I also thought that Contador should support Levi. I knew about Contador's talent, but I didn't think that he had the consistecy to do what he has done. We have to keep a level of integrity here. Levi has beaten Contador on one stage this entire year. Contador has won all the rest. As sad as it is not to see Levi take the win, it would be even sadder to take it from a better rider. As far as I can tell from Levi's interviews, he agrees with this.

2. donrhummy

donrhummy New Member

The sad thing is every competition today probably has doping. I'd bet that chess matches probably are littered with guys taking amphetamines or some other concentration drug. Golf has steroid users for frig's sake! Yet cycling is the only one actually testing and they're the only one getting bad press. When will they learn?

3. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Yeah, have to agree. Musette's vacuous comments have been strangely absent up until a day ago and Saluki's (he/she sounds like any of half a dozen Disco lovers who are reincarnated on the forum each year to take offence on Lance Arstrong's behalf - then disappear) vitriole has been aimed at any negative mention of Disco as he makes his own claims of conspiracy against disco riders.

Much as I will be pleased to see Evans on the podium (no hint of doping - yet) it will be a hollow victory.

The performance of doped riders upsets the whole rhythm of the race. Without them time gaps, amount of exhaustion, time cut offs for slow riders are all altered so the order that exists now could well be different.

The problem may be so widespread that without doped riders there may not be enough riders to fill the podium positions.

4. saluki

saluki New Member

Actually, lying to your team about where you are training is a basis of dismissal from that team. Why do you think he was lying about where he was training?

5. IH8LANCE

IH8LANCE New Member

I think some people also need to realize that he wasn't thrown out by the TdF or a regulatory body. He was thrown out by his team, for lying his ass off. He did indeed "break the rules" -- rules set by his employer.

6. donrhummy

donrhummy New Member

That's clearly not the case. Sure, officially it was Rabo but look at Proudhomme's comments and the other teams forced to quit. Proudhomme said that they did not want Rasmussen to win, that they wanted him out of the tour AND that they'd been trying everything they could to get rid of him. This was a forcing by ASO to Rabo that if they wanted the team to stay, Ras had to go.

7. saluki

saluki New Member

Actually your moderator makes them disappear. His rule of participation is that you must be dumb enough to believe Trash's lies, and if you object to Trash's bigotry, you cannot oppose him. So expect me to disappear again. But it won't be voluntary. So you'll soon be free to engage that idiotic logic of yours without fear of being called on it.

I wish that were true, but the forum is full of Disco bashers and I can't possibly cover the hundreds of moronic and unsubstantiated accusations that they make every day. Disco bashing is the life blood of this forum. While there are correct accusations that can be made against Disco, the forum went over the top and into the realm of absurdity long ago. Anything I say can't begin to bring it back to some kind of balance. Sorry that you feel so threatened because you are so used to free flowing anti Disco crap without a word of comment. Hey, life is rough.

8. Frigo's Luggage

Frigo's Luggage New Member

God bless George Costanza, Alberto Cantador and the Coca-Cola Company of Atlanta, Georgia.

9. saluki

saluki New Member

So your position is that Rabo doesn't object to having Ras lie to them about where he is?

10. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Saluki, how can you level that kind of vitriol here on this forum? How could you stoop to believing that comparing Lance Armstrong to Charles Manson is "over the top and into the realm of absurdity"? I just don't see it. ;)

I disappear after the Tour because I'm a teacher. I actually work all day instead of watch TV and surf the net.

11. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

exactly. There are much better forums out there. shameful.

12. NevadaCX

NevadaCX New Member

If Rabobank was so ticked off at him they would have sacked him before (this story was already old). I suspect the ASO bullies are behind this. This whole thing reminds me of being on the swim team when I was a kid. The parents went power-mad when they got to be big-shots in the sports organizations. Same with soccer and baseball. This (UCI, ASO, WADA) is just power-drunkeness on a whole-nuther level.

13. Frigo's Luggage

Frigo's Luggage New Member

Wait a minute. Didn't the sponsor pull the plug? It wasn't ASO.

14. donrhummy

donrhummy New Member

Yep! It's confirmed.

Prudhomme MUST have informed Rabo that they were going to lose their invitation to ALL ASO events if they didn't pull Rasmussen.

15. earth_dweller

earth_dweller New Member

so this begs the question... why are you here? DP would be much better suited where any inkling of a suspicion about Saint Lance is immediately dealt with.

16. thebluetrain

thebluetrain New Member

Strictly for entertainment purposes only.

17. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Then you should understand the irony of someone who is guilty of posting moronic and unsubstantiated rumours he/she accuses others of writing.

You guys (sorry for the generalisation) are so sensitive/paranoid that I'm sure posters take joy in baiting you. The us against the world attitude is extended to calling the moderator mine. Like it or not he is there for everyone. ;)

18. earth_dweller

earth_dweller New Member

there you see, we finally agree on something. it is quite entertaining.

19. drm

drm New Member

Maybe this has been well covered in this thread, but I did skim it to find out...

Anyhow, does anyone else have a suspicion that Rabobank is covering their ass a bit here? I just have this sneaking suspicion based on absolutely nothing that something's coming in the next few days i.e. Rabo knew Ras would've tested positive today or something along those lines.

Does anyone know whether or not he was tested after the race?

20. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

I believe myself to find it all amusing, and like to poke fun, not poke my thumb in somebody's eye. But come on, it IS us against the world! We're a bunch of Texas cowboys!! Disco, Lance, Bush, all of us imperialists.

That being said, Lim has never kicked me off, not even when I called him and his friends a bunch of f'ing communists last year (on the bloody soap box), and boy, did that debate go on for a long time. And let me tell you, Trash and stevebaby never get tired. The red menace marches on.

And my petty little self will gloat if Levi can find it in himself to win the Tour and an American stands on TOP of the podium AGAIN. Wheeee! It would just chap everybody's already chapped asses some more :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.