Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Trajectum, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hukkaloogey

hukkaloogey New Member

It's not quite the same thing. That's all Landis ever said. In this case we have a report of Rasmussen admitting to being in Italy on one hand, and denying it on another. They can't both be true.

2. mitosis

mitosis New Member

And they overlooked him for the tour in about 2003 when he was showing some serious form from the tour of italy and when they were looking for someone to help drag ullrich up the mountains. Maybe they left him out because he didn't/wouldn't dope (drawing a long bow on this one but I have, as have many Aussies wondered about him being left out).

3. bikemistress

bikemistress New Member

He did not test positive during the Tour so in my opinion, they should not have kicked him out! This whole drug thing is getting way out of hand. You know if Contador or Leipheimer wins, someone will say they weren't clean too. It is ridiculous! JUST LET THEM ALL RIDE AND MAY THE BEST, FASTEST GUY WIN AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT TEST POSITIVE DURING THE TOUR!

4. David_Zen

David_Zen New Member

I totally agree with you. It's absolutely ridiculous. The Tour organizers are so embarrassed about what happened with last year's winner that they are going overboard to try and ensure that a clean rider wins this year. I'm not so sure Contador fits the bill.

5. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

Why? Contador has never tested positive during the Tour. That standard says he would fit the bill.

6. David_Zen

David_Zen New Member

So too has Rasmussen. Or have I missed something?

7. heinkel12

heinkel12 New Member

Actually he had just won the Tour of Austria including the big mountain stage when he was suprisingly left out of the Tour team. The reason for his falling out with the team has never come to light.

8. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

I got the impression that you two were saying it wasn't fair Ras was gone when not testing positive, but then said you didn't think Contador "fit the bill" for the winner. So I was just saying what's the difference? (And Ras got pulled by his team, not the Tour.) Am I mistaken?

Everyone is so down on Contador.

9. nns1400

nns1400 New Member

That could be the $64,000 question. Can't let myself believe, however, that someone is "the clean one." Been there, done that, bought the wrist-band. Had enough disappointment last year.

10. zap brannigan

zap brannigan New Member

all rabobank have to do is check chicken's passport.

it will show whether he was in mexico in june as he claims or italy........there should be a stamp in the passport.

11. Eilert Pilarm

Eilert Pilarm New Member

they don't need to as Kylling admitted (but only after being confronted by the evidence) to the team that he was indeed in Italy in June during the days in question...

12. chickenorkebab

chickenorkebab New Member

Jesus fecking christ.. Michael Rasmussen has not admitted anything... Please check the statements from him, before posting something like that...

13. Frihed89

Frihed89 New Member

Jacob Bergsma said he was told that Rasmussen lied to de Rooy, I think. Has de Rooy actually said anything? Did Bergsma say who told him that Rasmussen lied?

Why are even the facts of who told who what so hard to unravel?

Has any one gotten the Italian guy in front of a TV camera or a reporter to refresh his memory and get the facts out?

14. Frihed89

Frihed89 New Member

Who did David Cassini tell he saw Ramussen in Italy. There are two accounts: 1) he told Denmark's Radio, but i can find no record anywhere who he told or even that Denmark's Radio acknowledges this, and 2) he told Italian TV, but I can't find a record of who he told, there, either.

I don't know if he told anyone, but why aren't there more details?

There seems to be a lot of sources of information, but who are they?

Who heard Rasmussen say, I lied? Who heard Cassini say he saw Rasmussen in Italy?

Where is Cassini?

15. warriorcliff77

warriorcliff77 New Member

They don't have to. They don't have to justify sweet "f" all to the general public. It's basically an employer/employee issue and it's done. Think about it, if you got fired, should your employer be forced to call the media and explain/justify why?

16. Trajectum

Trajectum New Member

Yes actually.. If my employer fires me he had better show that it was based upon a breach of contract from my side. If he cant then he is in trouble and I am entitled to uite a lot of money, the law protects me on that side in the Netherlands.

17. IH8LANCE

IH8LANCE New Member

Rasmussen has every right to pursue legal action. Let's see if it happens . . .

For the record, I am not holding my breath.

18. warriorcliff77

Yes my friend, to YOU, but not to the world.... And i doubt the world will ever be told the true facts.

19. chainstay

chainstay New Member

Yes, they don't have to, but when the situation involves a top sports celebrity as opposed to a non public figure like you or me, the public has an expectation for the facts to come out, and I fully expect some journalists will keep digging until eventually some more facts do come out.

20. warriorcliff77

I agree with you, and that's the problem with pro sports/celebrities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.