Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frihed89 said:
Who did David Cassini tell he saw Ramussen in Italy. There are two accounts: 1) he told Denmark's Radio, but i can find no record anywhere who he told or even that Denmark's Radio acknowledges this, and 2) he told Italian TV, but I can't find a record of who he told, there, either.

I don't know if he told anyone, but why aren't there more details?

There seems to be a lot of sources of information, but who are they?

Who heard Rasmussen say, I lied? Who heard Cassini say he saw Rasmussen in Italy?

Where is Cassini?
Cassani in an interview with RAI said that he saw Ras near Val di Fassa (without Rabobank kit appearantly) riding up the Marmolada. Davide slipped this accidentially during Ras's first stage win in the alps. Danish TV later asked Davide if what he said that day was correct (he affirmed). Theo de Rooy later called Davide and asked him the same question again. So, Davide now said on four occasion that he saw Ras in Italy. The first time during the alpine stage, the second time to the Danish TV crew, then to Theo, and finally in the RAI interview, where he explained it all.

What is important is that Davide said in public to have seen Ras in Italy before the story about the missing tests broke. It can't be a conspiracy. It could still be honest error, but I doubt that.

Rasmussen: They stole my Tour

A bitter Michael Rasmussen accused his Rabobank team manager of "stealing" what he regarded as certain victory in the Tour de France.

And the embattled Danish cyclist has enlisted the services of a lawyer after being dramatically kicked out of the Tour when wearing the leader's yellow jersey and sacked by Rabobank over a row about missed drug tests.
"I was really in control of the race, but he (Rabobank manager Theo De Rooy) stole victory from me," Rasmussen told Danish daily Politken on Friday.

The 33-year-old, who on Thursday claimed his boss was "desperate and mad and at the end of his tether" continued: "It's no secret I'm furious with Rabobank's manager Theo De Rooy.

"It's only because of him that the decision (to expel him from the race) was taken."

De Rooy pulled the plug on Rasmussen's push for Tour glory after being convinced that the Dane had lied to him about his whereabouts in June when he missed one of four random dope tests.

Rasmussen had claimed he was preparing for the start of the tour in Mexico but former cyclist turned Italian television presenter Davide Cassani claimed he'd seen the Dane in Italy during that time.

Rasmussen added: "It's been over 24 hours since I was kicked off the Tour and I'm very, very depressed.

"I don't understand what's happened but I can guarantee that my cycling career is not finished."

The fallen star also described his "hatred" for the French media whose opposition to him he claims was behind the jeers that greeted him from the public when he won Wednesday's 16th stage in the Pyrenees.
Rasmussen was the third rider to be forced out of the Tour in three days after pre-race favourite Alexandre Vinkourov (blood doping) and Italian Cristian Moreni (testosterone) were sent packing after failing drug tests.

But in the Netherlands at least the doping scandals that have crippled this year's race have failed to dampen public interest with almost one million viewers tuning in to watch Thursday's stage from Pau to Castelsarrasin.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27072007/58/tour-de-france-rasmussen-stole-tour.html

Cobblestones said:
Cassani in an interview with RAI said that he saw Ras near Val di Fassa (without Rabobank kit appearantly) riding up the Marmolada. Davide slipped this accidentially during Ras's first stage win in the alps. Danish TV later asked Davide if what he said that day was correct (he affirmed). Theo de Rooy later called Davide and asked him the same question again. So, Davide now said on four occasion that he saw Ras in Italy. The first time during the alpine stage, the second time to the Danish TV crew, then to Theo, and finally in the RAI interview, where he explained it all.

What is important is that Davide said in public to have seen Ras in Italy before the story about the missing tests broke. It can't be a conspiracy. It could still be honest error, but I doubt that.

But where is Davide now? Suprisingly quiet no? Did he talk to the Chicken o just "see" him? What proof do we have other than his word? Could very well be true of course, but why no after the sacking stories with Davide?

Serafino said:
But where is Davide now? Suprisingly quiet no? Did he talk to the Chicken o just "see" him? What proof do we have other than his word? Could very well be true of course, but why no after the sacking stories with Davide?
I think Davide continues to call the race. He never claimed to have spoken to Ras that day. It's quiet because the story is cold now. About every news outlet has run it once. The same as with Richards drug-mule story. There's nothing more to add. It's in the hands of officials now. Davide says Ras called him after he was sacked.

Serafino said:
They showed him working on his laptop in a press box on VS. yesterday.

Serafino said:
You would think that someday would try to interview him
:rolleyes:
He's probably asked not to be.

You'd have to think, if De Roy was making up the story, Davide would step up.

helmutRoole2 said:
He's probably asked not to be.

You'd have to think, if De Roy was making up the story, Davide would step up.
Davide was interviewed by RAI. Transcripts of it are everywhere. There's no point repeating it.

Serafino said:
Rasmussen: They stole my Tour

A bitter Michael Rasmussen accused his Rabobank team manager of "stealing" what he regarded as certain victory in the Tour de France.

And the embattled Danish cyclist has enlisted the services of a lawyer after being dramatically kicked out of the Tour when wearing the leader's yellow jersey and sacked by Rabobank over a row about missed drug tests.
"I was really in control of the race, but he (Rabobank manager Theo De Rooy) stole victory from me," Rasmussen told Danish daily Politken on Friday.

The 33-year-old, who on Thursday claimed his boss was "desperate and mad and at the end of his tether" continued: "It's no secret I'm furious with Rabobank's manager Theo De Rooy.

"It's only because of him that the decision (to expel him from the race) was taken."

De Rooy pulled the plug on Rasmussen's push for Tour glory after being convinced that the Dane had lied to him about his whereabouts in June when he missed one of four random dope tests.

Rasmussen had claimed he was preparing for the start of the tour in Mexico but former cyclist turned Italian television presenter Davide Cassani claimed he'd seen the Dane in Italy during that time.

Rasmussen added: "It's been over 24 hours since I was kicked off the Tour and I'm very, very depressed.

"I don't understand what's happened but I can guarantee that my cycling career is not finished."

The fallen star also described his "hatred" for the French media whose opposition to him he claims was behind the jeers that greeted him from the public when he won Wednesday's 16th stage in the Pyrenees.
Rasmussen was the third rider to be forced out of the Tour in three days after pre-race favourite Alexandre Vinkourov (blood doping) and Italian Cristian Moreni (testosterone) were sent packing after failing drug tests.

But in the Netherlands at least the doping scandals that have crippled this year's race have failed to dampen public interest with almost one million viewers tuning in to watch Thursday's stage from Pau to Castelsarrasin.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27072007/58/tour-de-france-rasmussen-stole-tour.html
Interesting; thanks for posting. But instead of releasing statements about feeling depressed abd hating the French media, why not release a copy if his passport stamps? If he wants to show how wrong they (and Cassani) are, it would take about 10 seconds in front of a photocopier to make them all look like fools.

fbircher said:
Interesting; thanks for posting. But instead of releasing statements about feeling depressed abd hating the French media, why not release a copy if his passport stamps? If he wants to show how wrong they (and Cassani) are, it would take about 10 seconds in front of a photocopier to make them all look like fools.
Or his cell phone bill maybe?

fbircher said:
Since he's a EU citizen, he wouldn't get it stamped in Italy in any event. Since his wife is Mexican, one wonders if he also has a Mexican passport (convenient). Of course, in Mexico, x number of Pesos can be you a bit of lattitude from the authorities ;)

Especially, if you are rich and famous. I'd still like to see Davide and the Rabo DS interviewed on the TV.

Cobblestones said:
Prepaid phones would make it convenient not to have a bill.

You would think that more than one person would have seen a famous bald cyclist, with a unique emaciated look, training in Italy between the Giro and the TdF.

Only Davide? Let's have a National Enquirer like expose with plenty of colourful witnesses.

I would think if he was in Italy someone would have seen him other then just one guy. Look at him...... He would stand out in Italy like a chicken in dog kennel. Someone would have had to see him.

This is interesting....... Both sides have a real chance to explain themselves and neither one is doing it. Maybe he was in Italy with Prudi and Mcsquid.

Serafino said:
I'd still like to see Davide and the Rabo DS interviewed on the TV.
Will you stop it. I told you Davide already has been intervied.

About prepaid cell phones. Sure he could've had one, but it would work to his advantage to produce a cell phone bill. Prepaid cell phones make him rather look suspect, don't you think?

Davide has not been interviewed on TV since the expulsion. Where's the clip? Someone should grill him for the facts.

How about a second witness. Only Davide saw a guy cycling on public roads? A famous cyclist and TdF jersey winner in cycling mad northern Italy rides completely unnoticed?

All I'm saying is that clarification is in order and further witnesses would certainly be helpful. Unless, of course, Rabobank was in the know all along and this was part of the teams (hardly saintly) TdF preparation plan.

Serafino said:
Davide has not been interviewed on TV since the expulsion. Where's the clip? Someone should grill him for the facts.

How about a second witness. Only Davide saw a guy cycling on public roads? A famous cyclist and TdF jersey winner in cycling mad northern Italy rides completely unnoticed?

All I'm saying is that clarification is in order and further witnesses would certainly be helpful. Unless, of course, Rabobank was in the know all along and this was part of the teams (hardly saintly) TdF preparation plan.
Transcript (in German): http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,496781,00.html
Now, please stop it.

If Ras was in Mexico all along I think that we'd have heard him screaming about these receipts, those bills, airline reservation tickets, the daft sombrero he bought and the bottle of dodgy firewater with the funny thing in the bottom that he smuggled through customs for Uncle Nils. What we actually get is lots of bleating that it aint fair. It's all in the detail.

Serafino said:
Since he's a EU citizen, he wouldn't get it stamped in Italy in any event. Since his wife is Mexican, one wonders if he also has a Mexican passport (convenient). Of course, in Mexico, x number of Pesos can be you a bit of lattitude from the authorities ;)

Especially, if you are rich and famous. I'd still like to see Davide and the Rabo DS interviewed on the TV.
US$20 gets you into Mexico without a passport stamp. It's the standard rate. US citizens who visit Cuba via Mexico do it all the time.

Cobblestones said:
NEVER use your cell phone in Mexico! It could cost you so much per minute that your head will spin. ALWAYS buy a long distance card when you get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.