Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spare a thought for Dekker/Boogerd/Menchov who rode rode their little hearts out for Ras on all the mountain passes. Would they be feeling a tad betrayed right now?

This just plain sucks. They should have delt with this prior to the tour. Yep, Contador, Levi and Evans are all on drugs too, but the joy of the Tour has been stolen from everyone. All of the top 6 riders or so have riden well this year and now it all means nothing. Even if Contador and Levi beat Evans it means nothing.

What a bummer.

El Loto said:
It's a Rabobank decision. He lied. He was found out. He broke internal rules.

Why did he not tell the truth? What is he trying to hide?
I don't know, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with drugs and that Ras will have a perfectly reasonably explanation at some point. :rolleyes:

Eden said:
Fly on over, I'll be racing next weekend. If anyone in the cat 4 women's field dopes I'll eat my bike........

(we already spend enough money, so we can't afford any EPO, and oh our prizes are usually really, really valuable - like a pair of socks......)
Women just marry dopes. :p

[size=-1]
"Maybe I changed a few minds today," said Rasmussen, when told that poll taken back in Denmark found that most didn't believe he could hang on for the overall win. "I'm closer than ever to winning the Tour. I have more than three minutes for the final time trial to Contador. That should be more than enough if I have a good ride."
[/size]

Seems really funny to hear it now, huh?

azdroptop said:
Yep, Contador, Levi and Evans are all on drugs too, but the joy of the Tour has been stolen from everyone. All of the top 6 riders or so have riden well this year and now it all means nothing. Even if Contador and Levi beat Evans it means nothing.
Which is why they should test the top 10 on GC every day.....

Lonnie Utah said:
And most likely test positive for exogenous estrogen...
Dude! Can you just imagine them slowing down now, so someone else wins and gets to pee in a cup instead! As the top dwindles away, I can just see these guys veering into ditches at this point. :D

musette said:
As I predicted yesterday, if Ras leaves the tour, DC WINS the Yellow Jersey. No way Evans can really make up that much time on Alberto. In fact, DC could well have #1 and #2, or #1 and #3!!

Hoorway! :p

So aren't you going to blame someone for the balls up and show outrage that he is kicked out without testing positive for anything?

In fact how can you be happy about something like this if you claim to have an interest in cycling?

I just watched the last 5km again from today's stage... Ras had it on the big ring when he attacked in the final 1.5km ! he attacked on the big ring when the road was at its steepest....... he put 40 seconds into Contador in 1km...... its just ridiculous....

One other point... with Ras now out and Levi taking the 12 seconds for 2nd it may mean Evans will win the Tour by the 4 seconds that Levi stole from Contador ?

musette said:
I'm sure there is more to Ras' situation than his own team, without any pressure, deciding to boot him from a maillot jaune. ;)

This is amazingly good news for DC. It goes to show what team unity, great riders, and a strategically astute DS can yield. As a bonus, I can imagine Riis writhing in agony at this news!
are you serious? this is the most inane post i have read today :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash said:
I just watched the last 5km again from today's stage... Ras had it on the big ring when he attacked in the final 1.5km ! he attacked on the big ring when the road was at its steepest....... he put 40 seconds into Contador in 1km...... its just ridiculous....
Not to mention he had a broken femur 9 months ago....

musette said:
I'm sure there is more to Ras' situation than his own team, without any pressure, deciding to boot him from a maillot jaune. ;)

This is amazingly good news for DC. It goes to show what team unity, great riders, and a strategically astute DS can yield. As a bonus, I can imagine Riis writhing in agony at this news!
You are correct on the Ras decision, IMHO.

You forgot to mention how hard Disco riders train, when no one else does.

Also I note that the strategically astute DS must have foreseen that the Chicken would be kicked off his team. :rolleyes:

Do you actually think that this is a bonus for anyone associated with professional cycling? :confused::eek:

Eagle of Toledo said:
Not with Cadel only breathing down his neck @ 1:53, he can pull that back in the TT if there is no change to the time gaps.
Might be pretty close. LOL! might see some real racing on the Champs Elysées. :D

Love or hate the TDF this year, you've got to admit it hasn't been lacking in drama on and off the roads.

Soler is now a lock for the polka dot jersey and that makes me happy.

Powerful Pete said:
You are correct on the Ras decision, IMHO.

You forgot to mention how hard Disco riders train, when no one else does.

Also I note that the strategically astute DS must have foreseen that the Chicken would be kicked off his team. :rolleyes:

Do you actually think that this is a bonus for anyone associated with professional cycling? :confused::eek:
Also I have heard that they have discovered a technique of high-cadence cycling, which even though Lance first discovered and revealed it, hasn't been widely adopted by the Peloton.;)

hgb said:
Love or hate the TDF this year, you've got to admit it hasn't been lacking in drama on and off the roads.

Soler is now a lock for the polka dot jersey and that makes me happy.

But Soler is on drugs. :D

Crankyfeet said:
Also I have heard that they have discovered a technique of high-cadence cycling, which even though Lance first discovered and revealed it, hasn't been widely adopted by the Peloton.;)
I thought they invented the Bicycle as well ? :confused:

-

musette said:
This is amazingly good news for DC. It goes to show what team unity, great riders, and a strategically astute DS can yield.
What, Disco Hired Rabbo's Director sportif?

mitosis said:
But Soler is on drugs. :D
Could be! :)

I'll wager that tonight just about everyone associated with the TDF is on some kind of drug: anti-depressants, anti-anxietals, alcohol...

hgb said:
Could be! :)

I'll wager that tonight just about everyone associated with the TDF is on some kind of drug: anti-depressants, anti-anxietals, alcohol...
nice avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.