Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is DC's report of the Ras matter on thepaceline:

"Breaking News: Rabobank pulls Tour de France leader Michael Rasmussen from the race for not reporting his whereabouts for doping control. Discovery Channel's Alberto Contador now leads the General Classification! Evans 2nd and Levi Leipheimer 3rd!"

musette said:
Here is DC's report of the Ras matter on thepaceline:

"Breaking News: Rabobank pulls Tour de France leader Michael Rasmussen from the race for not reporting his whereabouts for doping control. Discovery Channel's Alberto Contador now leads the General Classification! Evans 2nd and Levi Leipheimer 3rd!"
seriously, how can you be excited about that? are you totally rabid as well as vapid?

I am in complete agreement with you. They should have stopped him before the start of the tour or not at all. He and his team have been ripped off in my opinion.
azdroptop said:
This just plain sucks. They should have delt with this prior to the tour. Yep, Contador, Levi and Evans are all on drugs too, but the joy of the Tour has been stolen from everyone. All of the top 6 riders or so have riden well this year and now it all means nothing. Even if Contador and Levi beat Evans it means nothing.

What a bummer.

musette said:
I'm sure there is more to Ras' situation than his own team, without any pressure, deciding to boot him from a maillot jaune. ;)

This is amazingly good news for DC. It goes to show what team unity, great riders, and a strategically astute DS can yield. As a bonus, I can imagine Riis writhing in agony at this news!

This is inane internet posting at its worst.

What in the name of sweet baby jebus and the power rangers has this to do with Riis?
Without any pressure? Where have you been for the last week?

El Loto said:
This mess should've been sorted out in June. Contador can't surely win it now.
And why is that, exactly? You have something against Spanish riders? After all, we've already been jipped of last year's win due to the same BS circumstances.

Besides the fact that without Spanish riders -- Contador brilliantly leading that particular nation -- other than Soler and today's great ride by Levi (kudos to them) and the doped-up Chicken, the TDF might have as well have skipped all mountain stages if there was any excitement to be had.

Viva Alberto! Viva España!

PS-If you think I am biased, you're absolutely correct. Then again, reading your post, a lot less than you. No hater here.

Just reported on Sky news (TV) that most teams will leave the Tour and go home tomorrow..... T-Mobile, FDJ, CA, Gerostina amongst others plan to leave the Tour.... enough is enough..... they claim that until all teams play fair there is no point in racing races like the Tour........ well done UCI for withholding the information on Rasmussen before the Tour... what are they on ?

whiteboytrash said:
Just reported on Sky news (TV) that most teams will leave the Tour and go home tomorrow..... T-Mobile, FDJ, CA, Gerostina amongst others plan to leave the Tour.... enough is enough..... they claim that until all teams play fair there is no point in racing races like the Tour........ well done UCI for withholding the information on Rasmussen before the Tour... what are they on ?

Hate to say it but maybe the sacrifice of one TDF for the long-term good of cycling is well worth it.

This is not a great victory for Discovery. It is a blow to cycling but maybe a boost to Soccer.
The **** is hitting the fans and I don't mean the kind that blows air although this blows.
Anyone one up for some competitive drinking? No doping needed to win!

whiteboytrash said:
And it just so happens that none of those teams have anyone in the top 10. Those must be the clean teams.

Either way, I'm all done with televised cycling for the rest of this year. I'll read about it in the news until they get their act together. Germany had the right idea simply pulling the plug on airing it and I've simply had enough with it now myself.

The one thing I will say though is I am glad the sport is taking action, compared to oh, say, baseball. Its ugly to watch, its disheartening, but maybe we'll come through on the other side with a clean sport. They do also have to get their act together regarding UCI vs ASO. Might as well start building the sport back up now from rock bottom while they are at it. Pretty sad day.

El Loto said:
It's a Rabobank decision. He lied. He was found out. He broke internal rules.

Why did he not tell the truth? What is he trying to hide?
Well he was trying to hide that he has been doping during his preparation in June. No suprises there.. But all was unproven and I thought he was pretty much in the clear; missed two UCI tests where three is the limit, not tested positive for anything during the tour. Done.. home free.. And making for an exiting tour.

But I didnt expect him to have been training in Italy of all places where his whole explenation for missing the tests was based on being in Mexico. I seriously did think he was in Mexico.. Guess he was working with an Italian docter.

But damn.. How much faith do you have in lady luck when you dont expect it to become known that you were in Italy during June if you have even met up with some people associated with professional cyling during your training there (as it turns out).

Damocles had a sword hanging above his thrown but he must have been feeling like there was an H bomb hanging on the silk thread..

In any case it sucks.. The better part of the tour has been over and done with and none of what happened inthe mountains has any relevance anymore. The GC at this moment is a joke, nobody knows what it should have looked like.

PS: Yes the cord to my adaptor melted but a knife, some ducktape and some cowblood to seal it off do wonders..

whiteboytrash said:

I think the fact that they allowed Ras to start - and then 2.5 weeks later remove him - has been the deathknell for this TDF.
The last 2.5 weeks racing has been pointless.

Any other responsible organisation would have prevented him from starting.
It's interesting how some so called fans here cite other sports : one name
Rio Ferdinand.
Ferdinand missed one appointment and was banned by the FA.
Ras misses four appointments .......and is allowed race.
Two and half weeks later, with the race still up in the air, he's pulled from the TDF.
It's a shambles.

whiteboytrash said:

That last stage on the Champs Elysees is going to look weird with only 18 riders.

limerickman said:
I think the fact that they allowed Ras to start - and then 2.5 weeks later remove him - has been the deathknell for this TDF.
The last 2.5 weeks racing has been pointless.

Any other responsible organisation would have prevented him from starting.
It's interesting how some so called fans here cite other sports : one name
Rio Ferdinand.
Ferdinand missed one appointment and was banned by the FA.
Ras misses four appointments .......and is allowed race.
Two and half weeks later, with the race still up in the air, he's pulled from the TDF.
It's a shambles.

Big money Lim!

whiteboytrash said:
Seriously? If that many decide to step out than the others cant stay in either. Tour over I'd say.

Well, if they ever want to make a real regime change and get the sport clean than this is the moment it seems.

ASO commanded Robobank to pull Cow blood Chicken hawk since he would not do us the favor of falling off his bike.

No way that ASO wanted a cow blood debate in Paris.

Robobank knows where their Tour riders are 24/7 in May, June and July. They also know what doping products are in their veins, kidneys and livers.

Robobank knows that Ras enjoys the hilly Dolimitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.