Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
saluki said:
Shouldn't you be going after all those known Italian dopers instead of attacking a Spaniard for whom there is zero evidence of doping.

Petacchi
Mazzolini
Di Luca
Ricco
Moreni
Scarponi
As already stated, CONI is going after these riders. As for Contador, apparently his name was taken off the OP list!

Crankyfeet said:
Also I have heard that they have discovered a technique of high-cadence cycling, which even though Lance first discovered and revealed it, hasn't been widely adopted by the Peloton.;)
Indeed. ROTFL! :D:D:D:D

Powerful Pete said:
As already stated, CONI is going after these riders. As for Contador, apparently his name was taken off the OP list!
As i've said before Contador thought OP was made up by the media in an interview for velonews in march. You can't touch him now he is the circle of disco, nobody fails a test at disco its only when they leave the cult /circle

Hell hath no greater fury than a Ramussen fan scorned!

This year, i was so disgusted that i planned to avoid the tour completely. Then Rasmussen surprised us all. I jumped to his defense. I got involved. I wanted to love him. I loved him....and so on. We all know the drill in one form or another.

So, I went to bed in Denmark last night hoping for a good ride in the TT. I awoke to the news that he had lied. I heard him whine about how his career had been destroyed.

Oh ****....I have defended Tyler, then Basso, then Bjarne against all attacks. Now I have done it again.

Chicken legs. Chicken brain. If I see the man on the street in Copenhagen, I will scream in his face like a jilted kæreste (sweet heart).

Life is so cruel. Woe is me. Woe is me. Woe is me. Why do i always make such bad choices?

And, to think, I was in Italy when he was!

To all of your doubters, against whom I ranted and raved, well....no has shown any evidence that he doped. His stupidity is an even greater crime in my book.

Mikæl you are stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. May Holger Dansker wake up from his 1000 year slumber and smite you dead. You ass hole.

Every time one of these jokers comes out with their protestations of complete ignorance about all matters doping my ******** meter flies off the scale. it is such an obvious and flagrant lie that it completely undermines their credibility. Their are loads of similar examples. A small selection from Cancellara is typical of the genre. On Puerto, "The problems at the Tour were for nothing. Nobody was found positive and nobody was linked via a DNA test." So that's all fine and dandy then. "I have to think that cycling is a clean sport." Er, bit of an obvious porkie. And the clincher, "He's a friend for me. Cecchini has never had any problems"-and this despite the doping Doc being personal coach to Ullrich and Hamilton.

This type of thing clearly doesn't reach any where near the standard of proof required by the 'due process' brigade. And nor should it. But as an individual I know what response it inevitably prompts for me and it is simply 'you're a lying ******* and you are up to something.'
If they take us for idiots then these fraudsters loose the right to be treated with anything less than complete cynicism.

If AlPuerto Contador will win...they could have done less "damage" letting Ras still on race.
3 names for sure where cancelled from Puerto list: Alpuerto, ValvPiti and Paulino....guess....2 spanish and 1 soon hired by DC.
Who went to DC had stong protection, when evidence were not soo enormous (Basso).
Uci know there are still big doping organiztion, mainly in Spain, and spanish riders above all (interview on cyclingnews, dont remember the link, btw the same was written on Bicisport).
If the Tour re-starts today, i dont expect to see Alpuerto in yellow for too much, it's all a matter of political interest now(DC seems stronger in this than on the roads...).

chickenorkebab said:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article321700.ece

RASMUSSEN: I HAVEN'T LIED

It pretty much says:

Someone thinks he noticed me in Italy. I can't understand that. Whatever the reports says, I have not lied about my whereabouts to the team - I was in Mexico.

I have not confessed lying to the team, and throwing me out of the race is madness.
If Rasmussen says he hasn't lied, I believe him. Cassani hasn't seen Rasmussen in Italy; he has heard Rolf Sörensen say that he saw Rasmussen in Italy. Rasmussen has been convicted on gossip, not on facts or evidence.

Gregers said:
Every time one of these jokers comes out with their protestations of complete ignorance about all matters doping my ******** meter flies off the scale. it is such an obvious and flagrant lie that it completely undermines their credibility. Their are loads of similar examples. A small selection from Cancellara is typical of the genre. On Puerto, "The problems at the Tour were for nothing. Nobody was found positive and nobody was linked via a DNA test." So that's all fine and dandy then. "I have to think that cycling is a clean sport." Er, bit of an obvious porkie. And the clincher, "He's a friend for me. Cecchini has never had any problems"-and this despite the doping Doc being personal coach to Ullrich and Hamilton.
The Tour should add a new classification, the black jersey for the rider with the most outrageous statement about doping. Team staff and UCI officials should be eligible to compete as well as riders. We could have a podium ceremony and everything.

pantani_lives said:
If Rasmussen says he hasn't lied, I believe him. Cassani hasn't seen Rasmussen in Italy; he has heard Rolf Sörensen say that he saw Rasmussen in Italy. Rasmussen has been convicted on gossip, not on facts or evidence.
Shut up!

Rasmussen has admitted he wasn't in Mexico and was in Italy:p

pantani_lives said:

Whether he was in Italy or Mexico is academic.

He missed the tests - therefore he's guilty.

pantani_lives said:
He is not convicted of anything but extreme stupidity....Rabobank did what they had to do, hopefully others will follow suit and dump cycling as sponsors, then this sport will clean itself up, until then it will continue on a downward spiral so tight they will fly up their own ass.

Resulting in optical rectumits…a shity outlook on life.

Furthermore this Rasmussen affair looks like a political battle between UCI (Protour) and tour organizers who wants to split from ProTour.
ASO accuses UCI they know Rasmussen situation even 1 months ago but said nothing to ASO neither took any decision about it.

Sad and of course $$ involved things....these people (not only cyclist, who are the last part of the "machine") are killing cycling.

these people (not only cyclist, who are the last part of the "machine") are killing cycling.
If it does not die, it will not be born again, it needs to die completely.

Bro Deal said:
The Tour should add a new classification, the black jersey for the rider with the most outrageous statement about doping. Team staff and UCI officials should be eligible to compete as well as riders. We could have a podium ceremony and everything.
Since it would be a BS competition, how about a brown jersey? And instead of pretty podium girls giving them kisses, we have a monkey on their back smear them with the stuff that monkeys seem to like to throw at each other.

I think the best insight into this whole affair was given by my sister. We should dump the riding part of the tour and just submit the teams to drug testing for 20 days. Who ever is left is declared the winner.

chickenorkebab said:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article321700.ece

RASMUSSEN: I HAVEN'T LIED

It pretty much says:

Someone thinks he noticed me in Italy. I can't understand that. Whatever the reports says, I have not lied about my whereabouts to the team - I was in Mexico.

I have not confessed lying to the team, and throwing me out of the race is madness.
Can't someone just check his freakin' passport? It's my understanding you don't need one to travel between EU countries, but you need one to enter Mexico from Europe.

Yes I believe what you say must be the truth behind what has happened. But in my opinion the tour is more damaged this way than if Ras was allowed to win what he won on the road. No matter who wins there is suspicion always, because that is the atmosphere that has been created. The exclulsion of Ras at this point is completely lame.
David_Zen said:
Yes, at first, I also felt that the ASO may have pressured Rabo to get rid of Rasmussen. Prudhomme himself admitted that the public pressure to get rid of Rasmussen had become unbearable. Of course, he did not say it in those exact words. But he did say, "we cannot say that Rasmussen cheated, but his flippancy and his lies on his whereabouts had become unbearable."

The truth is, no one wants a repeat of last year's (Landis) mess but because the ASO had no actual proof that Rasmussen was cheating, they could not just kick him out of the Tour. They had to find another way to pull the Chicken out of the oven before it blew up in all their faces. The only thing they had on him was the fact that he lied about his whereabouts. Still, until that could be proven, only the team management itself had the power to remove him from the Tour. So in the end it turns out that Rasmussen did himself in. He really should stop crying now about being victimized. Instead, he should apologize to everyone, especially to his former teammates and to all his fans who supported him.

Ras:

Show us your passport with a valid entry and exit visa from Mexico and the world cycling community will be on your side.

Otherwise, STFU.

It's as simple as that.

Windbreaker said:
Can't someone just check his freakin' passport? It's my understanding you don't need one to travel between EU countries, but you need one to enter Mexico from Europe.
You need a passport to travel between European countries but its not always checked if you're a member of the EC (note Denmark is not a member of the Euro)...... in saying that... Ras probably has duel citizenship (as his wife is Mexican) and has a Mexican passport and used that in Mexico and his Danish one in Italy so neither were stamped or checked..... but hey you wouldn't notice him in Mexico... I mean how many 6ft 4 emaciated blonde Danish blokes do you see in that country ? loads....

de Groot said he didn't really know what was happening with Rasmussen. The decision was made by the sponsor, but he felt it was unfair to boo him on the podium.
He admitted that it is hard to concentrate on the race. "We worked hard for the jersey. There was always someone working. We were close to each other. But now this happened."

Team-mate Grischa Niermann: We need to continue to get to Paris. I don't know what he did in June. I haven't seen him or trained with him in June, so I cannot say anything about this. We made the decision together which is why we start with seven riders today, nit with three and four going home. We have a great sponsors and we continue for them.

Michael Rasmussen has given reporters his reaction to his exclusion from the race. He has pleaded his innocence, despite his succession of missed tests and the fact that team manager Theo de Rooy said last night that the Dane had admitted lying to the team.

"I'm shattered. I'm on the verge of tears," said Rasmussen today, quoted in the Danish tabloid BT. "I was not in
Italy. Not at all. That's the story of one man who believes he recognised me. There is no hint of evidence."

He was referring to former professional Davide Cassani, who said he saw Rasmussen training in the Italian Dolomites on June 13th and 14th. Cassani said that he is "100% certain" that it was Rasmussen. This was at a time when the rider had told the team and the UCI that he was in
Mexico.

"My career is ruined," he told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad. "I have no idea what I should do or where I will go. This is an enormous blow for me, and also for all the guys from the Rabo team. They're devastated."

The UCI are understood to be condering starting disciplinary proceedings against the rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.