Rasmussen out of the tour!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serafino said:
How about a second witness. Only Davide saw a guy cycling on public roads? A famous cyclist and TdF jersey winner in cycling mad northern Italy rides completely unnoticed?
That's the part that bothers me the most, too. It's not like he isn't one of the easiest figures on a bike to recognize.

Gregers said:
If Ras was in Mexico all along I think that we'd have heard him screaming about these receipts, those bills, airline reservation tickets, the daft sombrero he bought and the bottle of dodgy firewater with the funny thing in the bottom that he smuggled through customs for Uncle Nils. What we actually get is lots of bleating that it aint fair. It's all in the detail.
The deed is done. He's off the team. His almost guaranteed victory has been taken away from him. It doesn't matter now. If I was Raz I'd collect it all and give it to my lawyer. That kind of evidence will win him so much money he will be able to start his own team. If he doesn't have it, then he was probably in Italy. We'll have to follow the Dutch legal news now.

hukkaloogey said:
The deed is done. He's off the team. His almost guaranteed victory has been taken away from him. It doesn't matter now. If I was Raz I'd collect it all and give it to my lawyer. That kind of evidence will win him so much money he will be able to start his own team. If he doesn't have it, then he was probably in Italy. We'll have to follow the Dutch legal news now.
Lets play, go to the forums and see who tested positive today.

hukkaloogey said:
You are highly overestimating the hight of claims awarded within Dutch law :p Even if he'd be completely cleared (which I doubt) he'd probably end up being awarded with a maximum of 2 (his contract ran for 2 years more?) year salaries, 5.000 euro to compensate for the emotional losses and a bag of cookies.

Trajectum said:
You are highly overestimating the hight of claims awarded within Dutch law :p Even if he'd be completely cleared (which I doubt) he'd probably end up being awarded with a maximum of 2 (his contract ran for 2 years more?) year salaries, 5.000 euro to compensate for the emotional losses and a bag of cookies.
So, in The Netherlands you can't include the value of lost revenue not related to the employment contract (paid endorsements, appearences, etc.) when calculating financial losses? That's just wrong.

Trajectum said:
Those cookies would last a long time for a guy like him.

hukkaloogey said:
So, in The Netherlands you can't include the value of lost revenue not related to the employment contract (paid endorsements, appearences, etc.) when calculating financial losses? That's just wrong.
I have no idea what you can and cannot include in the Netherlands butlets just compare:

Holland:

De gerechtelijke dwaling maakt school in Nederland. Vorig jaar sprak het hof in Leeuwarden de 'twee van Putten' in tweede instantie vrij. De twee Puttense jongens hadden bijna zeven jaar vastgezeten voor een moord die ze volgens het Friese hof niet hadden gepleegd. Ze kregen als genoegdoening van 1,8 miljoen euro, de hoogste schadevergoeding die ooit is betaald in Nederland.

Translated and summarized:

Last year the court of Leeuwarden set free the "two of Putten". The two guys had spend 7 years in prison for a murder they did not commit. They received the highest amount of money ever awarded to a claim in the Netherlands: 1,8 million euro.

As opposed to the states:

Een vrouw uit Louisiana moet meer dan negen miljoen euro ophoesten omdat ze een andere dame op een 'message board' een oplichtster en een fraudeur genoemd heeft.

Translates:

A woman from Louisiana has to pay more than 9 million Euro because she had called another woman a fraud and a scam artist on a message board.

Not sure if this has been posted before. Came off another site

Rabobank riders to receive bonus
Eurosport | Fri, Jul 27, 18:01
Rabobank have promised to pay the seven remaining riders in the team the same bonus they would have received had Michael Rasmussen gone on to win the Tour de France

This just in... http://www.cyclingpost.com/tour/article_005193.shtml

MEXICO CITY, Jul 27 (CP) - Michael Rasmussen's family in law claims that the Dane was indeed really in Mexico during the month of June, and contradict Italian former rider Davide Cassani's statements.

Cassani told a Danish journalist that he had seen Rasmussen training in the Italian Dolomites, and that the former Tour de France leader would have been there on June 13th and 14th at least.

Rasmussen's brother in law, Jordi Muñoz, said: "Yes, he was here in June."

Trajectum said:
A woman from Louisiana has to pay more than 9 million Euro because she had called another woman a fraud and a scam artist on a message board.
Yeah, I know. Frivolous civil suits can be more than ridiculous in this country. It really needs to stop, but it seems nobody knows how.

limerickman said:
That's why you post here - because there are much better forums elsewhere.

Uncanny.
No, I post here to see how you have turned this forum into a circus. Its very entertaining. It is quite laughable.

thebluetrain said:
No, I post here to see how you have turned this forum into a circus. Its very entertaining. It is quite laughable.
I am not laughing BT. And please consider switiching your name to 'steroid-based beef brisket' or something more politically correct.

The 'EPO based, cow blood boosted big tempo blue USPO train' was a crime.

The Lance Armstrong Foundation is a fraud. A drug cheater chinese fire wall and Nike sneaker marketing device. Just a disgrace.

CF was brave enough to tackle the Pharmstrong myth. That myth is now been debunked.

LIVE WRONG has become an unfunny punchline.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51324

warriorcliff77 said:
They don't have to. They don't have to justify sweet "f" all to the general public. It's basically an employer/employee issue and it's done. Think about it, if you got fired, should your employer be forced to call the media and explain/justify why?
short sighted dude, this ain't just a normal case of employer/employee. The employee in this case is world famous and was leading the most viewed worldwide sports spectacle.

The actions of his employer, if you judge by the responses in the press and on many forums across the internet are by means clear cut.

Some say good riddance, but many are questioning exactly what has occured and if it is just that he failed to comply by internal regulations then it seems the employer as acted far to hastily and severely.

It is very important to all concerned because every employee has a certain amount of rights and in this case I am not sure Rabobank have complied by their own regulations in dealing with these matters.

On top of this if there is a case for unfair dismissal then all the money in the world will not bring back the Yellow Jersey / victor of a Tour de France.

I feel very angry about the actions of UCI/ASO/TdF/DCF and Rabobank. This rider had been punished for missing a test and also punished for not submitting the correct whereabouts. It is only right to charge someone once for a crime not again and again and again. Prudholme and McQuaid are both big pussies, Rasmussen had been allowed to start the tour and so they should have juist dealt with it. There is no firm evidence what so ever to suggest that Rasmussen doped. There is very spurrious evidence concernign a package, but this is a long time ago and that accusation would never stand up in any court in any land. Secondly there is 1 single accusation that he was training in Italy when he was supposed to be in Mexico. If this is the case then big deal, training is different to doping.

At the moment it is guilty by suspicion and accusation rather than by factual evidence.

Do you think if I rang Discovery Channel and said heh I saw Contador in a doctor's surgery in Spain during 2006 they would pull him from the race.

Well actually they probably would say this .... yah we know he was at Fuentes surgery submitting blood but heh this will never come out becuase the government of Spain own Real Madrid and most of their footballers also visit Fuentes and we cannot afford the scandel. Oh and by the way our national darling R.Nadal is also a Fuentes client. So yah Discovery Chanel won't do **** because the owners follow the 'Ferrari' school of though which is 'IT AIN'T DOPING IF YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT'

We are all fools.

There's more bad news for former Tour de France leader Michael Rasmussen.

Dumped out off the race on Wednesday for lying to his team about his pre-Tour whereabouts, the now finds himself persona non grata at the Decoplant Grand Prix, one of Denmark's leading races, which starts on Monday.

Race director Jesper Tikioeb told Saturday's Berlingske Tidende newspaper: "We've decided that Michael Rasmussen's participation in the Decoplant Grand Prix would constitute a handicap for the competition."

plectrum said:
short sighted dude, this ain't just a normal case of employer/employee. The employee in this case is world famous and was leading the most viewed worldwide sports spectacle.

The actions of his employer, if you judge by the responses in the press and on many forums across the internet are by means clear cut.

Some say good riddance, but many are questioning exactly what has occured and if it is just that he failed to comply by internal regulations then it seems the employer as acted far to hastily and severely.

It is very important to all concerned because every employee has a certain amount of rights and in this case I am not sure Rabobank have complied by their own regulations in dealing with these matters.

On top of this if there is a case for unfair dismissal then all the money in the world will not bring back the Yellow Jersey / victor of a Tour de France.

I feel very angry about the actions of UCI/ASO/TdF/DCF and Rabobank. This rider had been punished for missing a test and also punished for not submitting the correct whereabouts. It is only right to charge someone once for a crime not again and again and again. Prudholme and McQuaid are both big pussies, Rasmussen had been allowed to start the tour and so they should have juist dealt with it. There is no firm evidence what so ever to suggest that Rasmussen doped. There is very spurrious evidence concernign a package, but this is a long time ago and that accusation would never stand up in any court in any land. Secondly there is 1 single accusation that he was training in Italy when he was supposed to be in Mexico. If this is the case then big deal, training is different to doping.

At the moment it is guilty by suspicion and accusation rather than by factual evidence.

Do you think if I rang Discovery Channel and said heh I saw Contador in a doctor's surgery in Spain during 2006 they would pull him from the race.

Well actually they probably would say this .... yah we know he was at Fuentes surgery submitting blood but heh this will never come out becuase the government of Spain own Real Madrid and most of their footballers also visit Fuentes and we cannot afford the scandel. Oh and by the way our national darling R.Nadal is also a Fuentes client. So yah Discovery Chanel won't do **** because the owners follow the 'Ferrari' school of though which is 'IT AIN'T DOPING IF YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT'

We are all fools.

Sort of like answered your own question didn't you.

limerickman said:
If the UCI was doing it's job - it would have banned Ras in June 07 - when he missed his first appointment.

musette said:
Aren't you aware that, under UCI rules, it takes THREE warnings re:missed testing outside of racing to be treated as having a non-negative result?

.........but you're obviously not aware that under international cycling rules a rider (Rasmussen) who is supended by his/her national federation (Denmark) within 45 days of a GT, is not eligible for selection for that GT, under UCI rules.

You're still wasting our time.

limerickman said:
.........but you're obviously not aware that under international cycling rules a rider (Rasmussen) who is supended by his/her national federation (Denmark) within 45 days of a GT, is not eligible for selection for that GT, under UCI rules.
Rasmussen was suspended by the DCF during the Tour. The UCI isn't psychic. He was tested during June (within 45 days of the Tour start) and there has been no news of it being a positive test.

hukkaloogey said:
Rasmussen was suspended by the DCF during the Tour. The UCI isn't psychic. He was tested during June (within 45 days of the Tour start) and there has been no news of it being a positive test.

Failure to attend the test - got him suspended by the Danish Federation.

Pat McQuaid was on ES today trying to suggest that the UCI were unaware of the suspension by the Danes.

saluki said:
Actually your moderator makes them disappear. His rule of participation is that you must be dumb enough to believe Trash's lies, and if you object to Trash's bigotry, you cannot oppose him. So expect me to disappear again. But it won't be voluntary. So you'll soon be free to engage that idiotic logic of yours without fear of being called on it.

I wish that were true, but the forum is full of Disco bashers and I can't possibly cover the hundreds of moronic and unsubstantiated accusations that they make every day. Disco bashing is the life blood of this forum. While there are correct accusations that can be made against Disco, the forum went over the top and into the realm of absurdity long ago. Anything I say can't begin to bring it back to some kind of balance. Sorry that you feel so threatened because you are so used to free flowing anti Disco **** without a word of comment. Hey, life is rough.

thebluetrain said:
exactly. There are much better forums out there. shameful.

limerickman said:
That's why you post here - because there are much better forums elsewhere.
Uncanny.

thebluetrain said:

You're a chancer.

Still, I suppose it's a better excuse this time
The last time you blamed your wife for your participation here.

limerickman said:
Limerick I think the UCI rules say missing a test within 45 days of a GT equates to non eligibility, rahter than being suspended within 45 days. Currently the tru story and exact factual timeline has not surfaced. When exactly did Rasmussen miss a drug test and why?

R

Status
Not open for further replies.