Rasmussen poised to reveal new team

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by steve, Nov 7, 2009.

1. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Rasmussen Poised To Reveal New Team | Cyclingnews.com

I seem to have forgot this guy almost (should have?) won the 2007 tour de france. Below is some excellent footage of Contodor and Rasmussen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrsVBs8LR8"]YouTube- ETAPA DEL TOUR CONTADOR & RASMUSSEN[/ame]

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

wow. check out Pedro Delgado screaming " Venga Venga " (common common) in - the 1 min 47 seconds - Contador's attack

great battle !

i know he doped, but Rasmussen had in fact won that tour, after these great stages, he was far ahead before the last time trial.

3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

He was certainly the only rider in recent times to be able to match Contodor. Interestingly his name was never mentioned in scandals like operation puerto, some other riders have received very favorable treatment in comparison.

4. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

It would seem as though if you fail to provide correct whereabouts info and aren't there for a test or two you're treated worse than if you'd actually been nabbed shooting EPO into your veins a la Mr David Millar.

It's almost like having people 'think' that you've been upto no good is actually worse than people 'knowing' that you've been upto no good...

Wasn't there some guy who claimed that Ras asked him to smuggle some 'stuff' through customs for him in a shoe box or something silly?

5. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

in a twisted fashion, i'm hoping he signs with astana. with a.c. brokering a deal which prevents vino from riding the tour, imagine the fun alberto could have directing the chicken to go play with armstrong. or, more realistically, as a buffer against the schlecks.

6. Fuglsangfan

Fuglsangfan New Member

[lang=da] Heldigvis kan man sige, så undgik vi at få endnu en svindler som tourvinder!
    Ville ikke have været til at bære, hvis man 2 år i træk, skulle have fjernet vinderen fra sejrslisten! Men hvad nu, hvis uci havde overholt deres egne regler, og forbudt Michael Rasmussen start i touren 2007, så havde MR formentligt vundet touren 2008 og? hvor mange år frem![/lang]

7. Yakko

Yakko New Member

The attitude is very strange. I also remember pre-puerto when someone tested positive they were given the benfit of the doubt, but now that everyone knows there is no easter bunny things have changed.

I'm not so sure the chicken would have held them off on the TT...I remember a few years back when he was eyeing an easy podium and managed to have the most ridiclous ride I've ever seen! :D

Looks like he may have a new team now:
    Rasmussen for Murcia AMPO team and Vuelta? | VeloNation Cycling News and Reference

8. vitamin s

vitamin s New Member

he was an absolutely shat time trialer. it was comical watching him try.

9. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

What are you talking about? he is quite a good time trailer and bike handler :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2oQUC_5fw0[/ame]

10. Yakko

Yakko New Member

[​IMG]

No worries, his new sponsor has that worked out for him...

11. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

so what's the deal.. did he reveal anything? are people just jerking him around or is he just incredible deluded? didn't this happen last year as well.. he though he had a deal then.. nothing...

12. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

To go back to his TT skills, he improved a great deal from 2006 to 2007. I think he was like 11th in 2007 in the ITT and in 2006 he couldn't keep his bike on the road.. No really bad at all for a skinny climber.