Rasmussen should sue!!

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by jsull14, Jul 26, 2007.

1. 9.8mps2

9.8mps2 New Member

Hah ! " Chicken Di#% the bird fuc&$% "

2. hgb

hgb New Member

Nah, Menchov worked his ass off dragging the chicken up the Pyrenees even after Rasmussen publicly dissed him for struggling in the Alps.

There was nothing for Menchov to do after the chicken's dismisal but parade the Rabobank logo through the French countryside, and I think that if Boogerd wasn't riding his last tour they might have pulled the whole team to save themselves the further embarrassment of that.

3. jsull14

jsull14 New Member

I was rooting for the boogie man today but Sandy sat on and stole the stage.

4. adamastor

adamastor New Member

Don't worry, Ferrari will win. We all know that it won't be Fuentes this year...

5. jsull14

jsull14 New Member

RAS WILL BE BACK!! Here are his latest words...

Rasmussen said his dismissal from the race will haunt him for the rest of his life.
    "Every day I'm going to wake up and think about not being allowed to win the Tour de France -- the race that defines me as a cyclist," he said. "I will never get over it. ... I believe it equals getting a Picasso painting stolen. I was working on the greatest piece I could achieve and it was taken away from me."

Despite his forced exit, Rasmussen said he was ready to enter cycling's premier event again next year.

"If the chance to ride the Tour de France in 2008 pops up, I will definitely line up," he said.

6. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Didn't Raz admit to Rabobank that he lied?

He didn't test positive because he forgot to tell them which country he was in so he didn't have to do the test. How convenient. The reason they have out of competition testing is because the athlete can get a great benefit from training on drugs and the muscle and hematocrit levels can be sustained after going off the PED's.

The guy is meticulous in his training and preparation. IMO he knew very well the threshold of the rules, and worked out that the limit of two infractions from each control gave him enough time to prepare on the juice. Remember - two infractions/warnings nobody knows anything - your life remains normal - three infractions and your cycling life effectively ends. Notifying doping control is not like ringing home to tell your mother where you are on a Saturday night. It is extremely serious for these guys. Are we to believe that he didn't communicate because his computer didn't work and it eventually took five days to snail mail a letter after weeks of trying to get in touch, and its all much ado about nothing. Fact is one more control indiscretion and Chicken would be considered as having tested positive and be in the same mess as Landis, Hamilton, Vino etc.

Every man and his dog connected with cycling IMO can see through Raz's little escapade as easily as a teacher can see through "the dog ate my homework" excuse.

And he won't sue. And he didn't appeal to anyone. He ran away in the team escape vehicle.

And David Cassani even felt bad about having to tell the truth because he knew the impact it was going to have on Raz's life.

The lying cheats have to be caught and pay big-time to counteract the tremendous posssible rewards of cheating. Anyone who thinks doping is OK has never competed at a serious level or is doped themselves.

7. jsull14

jsull14 New Member

Nice theory. But that is why there is a court system so we don't have to go off opinions and theories, but rather facts. Just show me the damn positive is all I ask and then I'll shut up.

8. hoggy

hoggy New Member

This is such an easy thing to have resolved. He said he was in Mexico, someone else said he was in Italy, his passport should prove one way or the other in seconds.

If for some reason he didnt have the travel recorded on a passport then maybe some credit card receipts (starting get a bit less credible now), if he cant do the credit card proof (maybe he took 3 weeks of cash with him) he could find someone else who saw him in mexico. then get the guy that saw him in itlay and this nw guy from mexico and they could fight it out to the death...the winner was telling the truth :D

If i was trying to prove my innocence i wouldve got my passport out before they kicked me from the tour. the fact that he didnt is a pretty good indicator he probably wont sue.

9. lucybears

lucybears New Member

(Danish TV station) TV2: What do you think about the way Rabobank handled this whole matter?

MR: Well, I think it is better if I don’t express myself about this, as the matter will have legal consequences.

TV2: Theo de Rooij says you have admitted to him that you were in Italy during the time you should have been in Mexico. Have you?

MR: As I said, I better not express myself about that as well. It comes under your previous question.

TV2: But do you still claim that you were only in Mexico during the time you had stated?

MR: Again, it comes under the case that will be ongoing.

TV2: You can easily prove it by showing a passport and maybe stamps and plane tickets. Have you considered doing this during the case?

MR: Well, what I am saying is that now we have to see what the case brings and we will take it from there.