Rasmussen's media reappearance

In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Michael Rasmussen has reappeared in the media,
> > but not to take questions, rather to finish off his
> > game of chess with Max von Sydow:
> >
> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/gallery/2007/jul/30/bergman?picture=330295964

> Nice.
>
> Along those lines, this one's for Ryan:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4

Aw, how did you know?

On Jul 30, 8:10 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Michael Rasmussen has reappeared in the media,
> > but not to take questions, rather to finish off his
> > game of chess with Max von Sydow:

> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/gallery/2007/jul/30/bergman?picture=33...

> Nice.
>
> Along those lines, this one's for Ryan:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4

Jesus, I had to let that percolate for a couple
of minutes before the true horror of the punchline
sunk in. I'm not sure the youth of today even
remember the slogan - I haven't even seen the beer
in a long time.

By the way,
http://www.slate.com/id/2171423/
Best. Parody. Ever.

Ben

> On Jul 30, 8:10 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,

> > Along those lines, this one's for Ryan:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4

> Jesus, I had to let that percolate for a couple
> of minutes before the true horror of the punchline
> sunk in. I'm not sure the youth of today even
> remember the slogan - I haven't even seen the beer
> in a long time.

Yeah, it took a long time to get there, then it was obscure. But Ryan should know
it. There was a great SCTV parody of Bergman linked on that same page.

> By the way,
> http://www.slate.com/id/2171423/
> Best. Parody. Ever.

That's great.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jul 30, 8:10 pm, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>>
>> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Michael Rasmussen has reappeared in the media,
>>> but not to take questions, rather to finish off his
>>> game of chess with Max von Sydow:
>>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/gallery/2007/jul/30/bergman?picture=33...

>> Nice.
>>
>> Along those lines, this one's for Ryan:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2f0nfrgaK4
>>

> Jesus, I had to let that percolate for a couple
> of minutes before the true horror of the punchline
> sunk in. I'm not sure the youth of today even
> remember the slogan - I haven't even seen the beer
> in a long time.
>
> By the way,
> http://www.slate.com/id/2171423/
> Best. Parody. Ever.
>
> Ben

Apparently it's still around--I think I've even seen it recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlitz

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS