Ratings of Gary Fisher bikes

drcrater

Dec 30, 2004
Hi
I'm looking to buy a new mountain bike £300 - £400 price range. I mostly go round town or along the towpath on Kennet and Avon canal or round Greenham common - ie need lightweight mountain bike which can cope with farmers fields and gravelly towpaths as well as the road. Most of it is flat although there can be a couple of steep bits.

I was interested in the Gary Fisher Marlin model, although I've also been shown Giant models and Kona (Dew).

Could anyone give me any advice about the Gary Fisher bikes (ie good? bad? so-so?) or whether there is a particular model that might be better?

Thanks

I recently buyed a Gari fisher marlin and im sure im not going to change mi bike for nothing, I saw many gt, giant, bh, cannondale before but with that price is the best thing I cuold find

drcrater said:
Hi
I'm looking to buy a new mountain bike £300 - £400 price range. I mostly go round town or along the towpath on Kennet and Avon canal or round Greenham common - ie need lightweight mountain bike which can cope with farmers fields and gravelly towpaths as well as the road. Most of it is flat although there can be a couple of steep bits.

I was interested in the Gary Fisher Marlin model, although I've also been shown Giant models and Kona (Dew).

Could anyone give me any advice about the Gary Fisher bikes (ie good? bad? so-so?) or whether there is a particular model that might be better?

Thanks

When I ride a mountain bike I ride a Gary Fisher Tassajara which I have had for about three years. I love the geometry. It works as a general purpose bike on some of the rail to trails and also does a good job on single track trails. I see no reason why I would need to change to anything else. I have worn out a few components and have upgraded to XT as I have replaced components. It seems to be a very rugged bike of very good quality.