Raul Alcala coming back. No joke.

Breaking News: Hampsten to challenge the '09 Giro to reclaim past glory ;)

These newly un-retired/retired guys (that's you Lance, Alex, Mario, Raul) were great in their day, no doubt. But why don't they just go away and retire in peace. So much for the "new generation".....

Btw, Bauer's in decent shape. He runs a cycle touring business in my part of the world. I see him at the local races and riding on the road once in a blue moon.

Tech72 said:
Breaking News: Hampsten to challenge the '09 Giro to reclaim past glory ;)

These newly un-retired/retired guys (that's you Lance, Alex, Mario, Raul) were great in their day, no doubt. But why don't they just go away and retire in peace. So much for the "new generation".....

Btw, Bauer's in decent shape. He runs a cycle touring business in my part of the world. I see him at the local races and riding on the road once in a blue moon.
LOL, the silliness. Hey, is Bauer still a persona non grata in Belgium? Where is Criquelion, by the way...

Powerful Pete said:
LOL, the silliness. Hey, is Bauer still a persona non grata in Belgium? Where is Criquelion, by the way...
It'll be a rematch. The Battle in Belgium. The Rumble in Roubaix.

Bro Deal said:
http://velonews.com/article/84015/

What type of shape are Steve Bauer and Phil Anderson in these days? They could be next.

Bauer is actually in pretty good shape... says he has to stay in shape to keep up with the riders on his touring company... this year the most i saw him doing was handing out mussettes at a few races for his Team Race Pro guys... a couple of years ago though he showed up at a few Cat 1/2/Pro crits in South Western Ontario and did quite well.. i think i finished top 5 at the CHIN picnic crit in Toronto..

Bro Deal said:
http://velonews.com/article/84015/

What type of shape are Steve Bauer and Phil Anderson in these days? They could be next.

Did anyone see the footage of the world champs the year Armstrong won....? It was pissing down rain and they had painted the white road lines the day before..... so what happened was whenever a rider rode over a white line on the road he went down.... anyway Alcala riding against the railing rides onto the roadside white line and goes over the railing and onto a railway track...... there he is on his side with feet still strapped in with a fast approaching train bearing down on him... he did manage to roll over and miss getting squashed….. made for good viewing… and the only way Armstrong won that day was because well over half the field didn’t finish that day…… but that’s another story…