Raw Egg And Root Beer

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
Last weekend during a birthday lunch treat, my sister jokingly mentioned the tv commercial of yore which says - Sarsi with egg. Sarsi is a brand of root beer and the muscleman in the commercial mixes 2 egg yolks in a glass of that root beer. Drinking it would give you not the muscles but the energy of a muscle man like him. I don't know if it is true but I remember that Sarsi was one of the leading brand of soft drinks at the time.

Man, this raw egg BS is driving me nuts. I had a coach at my gym (I boxed a little a while ago) who was a really old school guy, like in his 70s or something, and he would go on and on about needing to drink raw eggs to get protein and strength and knockout power and ability to leap tall buildings in a single jump and... You get the picture. I never noticed the difference when consuming more eggs (not raw) in my workouts. I like putting raw eggs into my protein shake from time to time, but I never notice a single thing.

Raw egg, ewww. Just the thought of the raw egg would make me bring that beer up. I'll find other way to get energy.

I agree with the 2 comments above on the yucky taste of raw egg. Honestly, I haven't tried it myself although I have friends who take raw eggs with soda. And as I said with the effect, I cannot confirm if its true or just a myth. I remember my father-in-law with his special milk (Gebral brand) that he mixes an egg with, just the yolk though. His reason for that is to strengthen his lungs because he had tuberculosis so many years ago. And like @Zhen25, I would also find another way to get energy, hahahaaah.

Reactions: Zhen25
I like eggs, and I agree they're a good source of protein and energy, but not raw, not for this girl :p I'll usually have a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast before a ride though, with some whole grain toast, and the combination of protein and healthy carbs definitely helps keep my energy up!

I guess if I were going to drink a couple raw eggs though, putting it in something strongly flavoured like root beer would help it go down...I couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't come right back up though! ;)

Oh, my God no. Lol seriously? Probably I would have tried that years ago but between the dairy and the soda. No way, not now. This sounds like some kind of fear factor drink like they dare you to drink. Body builders would do stuff like this. It's just caffeine, sugar, and raw slimy protein.

Most "post workout" drinks are just lots of protein and some quick carbs.
So adding a raw egg to root beer covers these requirements.
Now about the taste...
I'm not sure that I would want to try a "raw egg float" I will stick to milk.

I agree with the 2 comments above on the yucky taste of raw egg. Honestly, I haven't tried it myself although I have friends who take raw eggs with soda. And as I said with the effect, I cannot confirm if its true or just a myth. I remember my father-in-law with his special milk (Gebral brand) that he mixes an egg with, just the yolk though. His reason for that is to strengthen his lungs because he had tuberculosis so many years ago. And like @Zhen25, I would also find another way to get energy, hahahaaah.

Actually I tried it with different Roo Beers and it seems that Sarsi, Rodeo where the best brands to put eggs in. I tried it last year with a new root beer brand called Arcy and it also taste good.