Razorback Mtn

Matthew_au_80

Aug 23, 2004
Has anyone here riden razorback mtn in southern Sydney? Ive heard people talk about it locally but never actually been there. What is it like? Length, grade, good times?

-Matt

Matthew_au_80 said:
Has anyone here riden razorback mtn in southern Sydney? Ive heard people talk about it locally but never actually been there. What is it like? Length, grade, good times?

-Matt
I ride up there a few times a week. It is about 6.5 km from Finns rd to the summit. I don't know the grade but it is not the toughest hill around. My best time is 18 min.

Andrew

Matthew_au_80 said:

-Matt
My father won the sprint for first rider over Razorback Mt in the 1972 Professional Goulburn to Sydney. I'll ask him how tough it is.

I am surprised anyone rides Razorback.

They probably aren't locals. I know people who live that way and absolutely scream along those roads. Also looking at some of the others using the roads, they also scream.

Matthew_au_80 said:

-Matt

I've ridden Razorback a couple of times - but both times were years ago. The first time we did the run from Picton and it was great. The second time we rode to Picton, I walked a lot of it. I'm not a fast or fit rider by any means (even back then) and I made it up ...... with a loaded bike too. My husband did too and his bike was loaded much more than mine was.