RBH Pack

RGR275

Mar 31, 2014
Hey Everyone, I just launch my first Kickstarter project its called the "RBH Pack". Its basically a cool new way to carry your things while your out riding. Check it out and let me know what you think

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/162668294/rbh-pack?

Well....

Most people who get a bit dedicated about their riding do tend to buy cycling jerseys fairly soon. And the elasticated pockets at the small of your back that those jerseys have are pretty well proven in their design and functionality. Admittedly though, different makes do it differently well.
For frontal access there are neat little cases that strap on to the top tube, just behind the stem.

If I'm on a longer ride, odds are I'll be carrying either a small backpack or a camelbak. Then I already have a pair of shoulder straps available that I can clip pockets and pouches to. And by now, I have quite a selection of those.
If it's a backpack, there'll be a waistband too.

But sure, If I didn't already have that selection of pouches, then your design would look rather inviting.

Right now, what would be my most probable "window of opportunity" for usage would be while kayaking. The pockets sewn onto the front of the floatation vests are ridiculously tight, and something that could take some more volume could come in handy.

Or possibly jogging - assuming that stuff carried on your chest doesn't bounce as much as a ***** pack does.

It's more manly than a murse or ***** pack, but...er...I'mma going to have to think about this one...might make an excellent strong-side cross draw stash for a small CCW pistol. The constant bouncing would be mostly (I'm guess here) away from the body and the swaying controlled by the straps.

I don't like the straps and they will get sweat soaked and reduce cooling area, so I'm not sure any performance minded rider would buy into the concept. I would advise you to toss a small pistol in your bag (legally, of course) and ride with it for a couple of hours or have a firearm owning friend test it for this purpose and evaluate its merits in that role. You never know...guys might buy it to ride with their CCW weapon.

Interesting that you should bring up the CCW aspect because I carry in mine (Legally). I made the chest straps extra wide to prevent the "bouncing effect" and yes the swaying is prevented by the shoulder straps. For the shoulder straps, I designed it to still be breathable but after a long run you will undoubtedly sweat there as its just the nature of the game. On the other hand, it works great as a minimalist pack to carry just what you need while your out. Thanks for your input!

Great minds think alike! Heheh!

Your pack 'should' give fast access to an LCP or subcompact 9. It puts the pistol in a pretty good position for fast defensive moves and keeps the firearm out of the way of damage/accidental discharge in case of a fall or impact.

You might want to get reactions on some of the firearm forums. Depending on the activity, guys are always looking for a good or better way to CCW.

I stash an LCP in a suede/rough out cheap ass Uncle Mike's in the center jersey pocket. Not ideal, but it gets the job done. It's not in a good spot in event of a crash though.

Great minds definitely think alike as I carry my LCP in mine! I'm not promoting this as CCW platform but it definitely does the trick. Its a great way to carry accessible items while hiking too!

I'd be concerned with the pack straps inhibiting deep breathing. It's not somewhere that I would want to stash stuff, the pockets on the waist straps of my backpack are enough.

My guess is that the fairer half of the population would find it especially uncomfortable. If it is not a ***** pack, is it the Tiddy pack - there is already a Tiddy bear.

On the plus side, it looks very sturdy and may be good for activities like hiking, climbing etc. Integrate a camera mount on it and the mountain bike go-pro community would ****** it up.

Well, think of it like a military chest rig. Its the same general concept and while I was in the military I was still able to function fine wearing it. I too was concerned about constricting my chest, but the pack doesn't need to be near that tight.

Sure enough, if the payload is not too heavy, maybe a good elastic or spandex type strap would work. It could be snug enough not to bounce around but not restrictive either.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
I stash an LCP

Why? Why do you need one when cycling?
big-smile.png