RBR guys kill in Athens

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bikerecker, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Congrats Schmatz and Meyerson. Athens won in breakaway, who woulda thunk it. Greg

    Tags:

  2. "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Congrats Schmatz and Meyerson. Athens won in breakaway, who woulda thunk
    it.
    > Greg

    Huh?

    I can recall numerous times when it was won with a break or when the break lapped the field.

  3. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Congrats Schmatz and Meyerson. Athens won in breakaway, who woulda
    thunk
    > it.
    > > Greg
    >
    > Huh?
    >
    > I can recall numerous times when it was won with a break or when the break lapped the field.

    Make that solo break. Nice move by Schmatz right near the end when the rest were watching Carney.
    Also a good job by Walters to get 2nd, after attacking all race long and doing about 10 laps off the
    front by himself late. Looked pretty chaotic out there, without the big teams in full force to
    control the race or shut down any chases...