Okay, so it's the rbr Rest Day. Time to regroup, rest up, and maybe get
out into the real world for a while. Hey, why not ride your bike?
In preparation, let's look at team websites. Ooh, here's one, T-Mobile's
"Magenta Reign." That was a Prince song, right?
On that site, they say Ullrich vs. Armstrong could be the cycling upset
of the decade. Perhaps so. I think the cycling upset of the last decade
was Lance vs. Cancer, but that's just me. But I don't see Jan saying
over the dinner table, "I'd give my left nut to beat Armstrong!"
Awkward team photos, TdF finalists:
http://www.magentareign.com/tmobile_team.html
Check out Andreas Klöden, prepared for the photographer's penalty kick,
which is about to arrive. These guys are looking all over the place. The
gentleman at the right end of the front row is looking somewhere far
off-camera, possibly the catering table. Maybe he missed a feed zone
during the morning ride? The photographer has cleverly managed to
obscure the faces of several riders. Maybe the management wasn't sure if
they'd make the final cut this year or not? Perhaps they're even uglier
than Jose Rujano?
Maybe this is some new, extra-candid trend in team photos I'm not aware
of, but you know what? My local team has a better team photo than this.
But look at Jan's legs. Even on a stage full of professional cyclists,
his legs look more serious. No wonder the guy's a masher.
Speaking of dear, sweet Jose Rujano, official bobblehead of rbr, I went
to cyclingnews.com and did a quick search on "Rujano." It's all photos
in the search results, and cruel as it is to say, every one is comedy
gold. 5 points in the Maillot Merde (official points competition of
rec.bicycles.racing) for whoever finds the funniest picture. Submissions
to the usual location, please:
http://search.cyclingnews.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?words=Rujano
Okay, this is supposed to be a rest day, so short post, with just a few
hard efforts. Have a good Monday, and see you all on Tuesday when the
newsgroup resumes.
Not insured against cyclisms,
--
Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
"I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos