rbr's Het Volk picks- pick 'em and weep!

Tony

Guest
Ewoud Dronckert: "My pick is van Heeswijk". Great ride by Mad Max, can he hold his recent bout of
great form until April?

EPREX [email protected]: "Vandenbroucke" VDB showed great stuff today. How can a guy
take so much time off the bike and still be so good?

Bart VHB: "Museeuw is not top but when he makes the break he can do
it. If he doesn't he wont mind that much. Boonen is a good podium pick. Who really NEEDS to perform
is Lotto-Domo who inherited the Domo pre-Roubaix invisibleness. Van Petegem should be ready. I
dont think the scenario of this race suits McEwen, he has better chances in K-B-K on Sunday".
Bart was all over the map here, had Johan pegged in the break, only guy to talk about Boonen,
but read PVP's luck all wrong.

Ken Papai: "Is Museeuw strong right now? Can he take it again?" Not technically a prediction, more
of a weasely workaround. Does a Lion **** in the woods? The answer is yes.

Chris Mitchell: "First wrong pick of the season. Kirsipuu, 'n thank you!" Chris was right about one
thing. Kirsipuu 13th.

Dan Connely: "I pick Van Petegem" Could not organize the chase to bring back the Quickstepping
boys in blue

Joe Yannie: "Van Bondt"

Dan [email protected]: "My main man, Tafi" Still not sure Andrea wanted this ride,he was on
and off the CSC team during the week. As far as I know, it's his first Het Volk.

Bret Wade: "Tom Steels (based on past performances)" As your broker says, past performance is no
indicator of future results

Tom Schulenberg: "wild ass pick = Baden Cooke" Correct

Tom Kunich: "Even more wild-assed pick: Fred Rodriguez." Was not on the Sidermec team for this race

Carl Sundquist: "Wesemann" Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage

Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally, "anyone
who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true CA style.

VDB...........

The man has a lot to prove, is back with the right bunch, and has no more "get out of jail free cards".....

i hope the classic season is just that CLASSIC !!

> Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
>
> Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
> "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
> CA style.

LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron. I have to point out that I knew Bartoli was out but
I liked him. I was hoping for wesemann but it seems he bailed!

Oh well, on to BKB

It was a much more enjoyable TV-broadcast than the dominated P-R's. The whole selection work in the
hills zone by Bramati, Nuyens, Cretskens, Vandenbroucke, Boonen and Kashenkin was shown, with
Museeuw and Bettini themselves then establishing the gap for the 7 breakaways after the last hill.
And with the race only being 200 km and not much hard sections at the end, its stayed more or less
tense as Max was superb and even Pozzato seemed in for a good battle.

In general many youngsters showed their game: Boonen, Pozzato, Nuyens, Traksel, Kashenkin,
Cancellara. nice.

"Bart" wrote:
> It was a much more enjoyable TV-broadcast than the dominated P-R's.
[and]
> And with the race only being 200 km and not much hard sections at the end, its stayed more or less
> tense as Max was superb and even Pozzato seemed in for a good battle.

I had an enjoyable moment during the French Eurosport broadcast when, with perhaps 10 km to go and
the selection down to three, one announcer said breathlessly, "van Heeswijk has a chance!" and
immediately the other announcer replied "yeah, for *third.*"

Lotto-Domo was invisible.

"Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
> >
> > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
> > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true CA
> > style.
>
> LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.

Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire your capacity to handle it
in such good humor.

The ability to laugh at oneself is in short supply in rbr these days.

In article <[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
> > >
> > > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
> > > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
> > > CA style.
> >
> > LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.
>

> Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire your capacity to handle it
> in such good humor.

Gee thanks, I feel SO much better, LOL.

> "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
> > >
> > > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
> > > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
> > > CA style.
> >
> > LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.
>

> Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire
your
> capacity to handle it in such good humor.
>

> The ability to laugh at oneself is in short supply in rbr these days.

Henry -- Marlene's cool. PLEASE leave her and similar alone.

Thanks man!

-Ken

explain me what's wrong with Henry's comments here ??

jeeez.

In article <LNo9a.368408$be.341248@rwcrnsc53>, "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > explain me what's wrong with Henry's comments here ??
>
> My comment can be taken as a total Throw Away.
>

> > jeeez.

Really, I wasn't offended, in fact it was funny, so that should settle it.