rbr's Het Volk picks- pick 'em and weep!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tony, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Ewoud Dronckert: "My pick is van Heeswijk". Great ride by Mad Max, can he hold his recent bout of
    great form until April?

    EPREX [email protected]: "Vandenbroucke" VDB showed great stuff today. How can a guy
    take so much time off the bike and still be so good?

    Bart VHB: "Museeuw is not top but when he makes the break he can do
    it. If he doesn't he wont mind that much. Boonen is a good podium pick. Who really NEEDS to perform
    is Lotto-Domo who inherited the Domo pre-Roubaix invisibleness. Van Petegem should be ready. I
    dont think the scenario of this race suits McEwen, he has better chances in K-B-K on Sunday".
    Bart was all over the map here, had Johan pegged in the break, only guy to talk about Boonen,
    but read PVP's luck all wrong.

    Ken Papai: "Is Museeuw strong right now? Can he take it again?" Not technically a prediction, more
    of a weasely workaround. Does a Lion shit in the woods? The answer is yes.

    Chris Mitchell: "First wrong pick of the season. Kirsipuu, 'n thank you!" Chris was right about one
    thing. Kirsipuu 13th.

    Dan Connely: "I pick Van Petegem" Could not organize the chase to bring back the Quickstepping
    boys in blue

    Joe Yannie: "Van Bondt"

    Dan [email protected]: "My main man, Tafi" Still not sure Andrea wanted this ride,he was on
    and off the CSC team during the week. As far as I know, it's his first Het Volk.

    Bret Wade: "Tom Steels (based on past performances)" As your broker says, past performance is no
    indicator of future results

    Tom Schulenberg: "wild ass pick = Baden Cooke" Correct

    Tom Kunich: "Even more wild-assed pick: Fred Rodriguez." Was not on the Sidermec team for this race

    Carl Sundquist: "Wesemann" Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage

    Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally, "anyone
    who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true CA style.

    Tags:

  2. EPREX

    EPREX New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2003
    VDB...........

    The man has a lot to prove, is back with the right bunch, and has no more "get out of jail free cards".....

    i hope the classic season is just that CLASSIC !!

  3. > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage

    > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
    > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
    > CA style.

    LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron. I have to point out that I knew Bartoli was out but
    I liked him. I was hoping for wesemann but it seems he bailed!

    Oh well, on to BKB

  4. Bart

    Bart Guest

    It was a much more enjoyable TV-broadcast than the dominated P-R's. The whole selection work in the
    hills zone by Bramati, Nuyens, Cretskens, Vandenbroucke, Boonen and Kashenkin was shown, with
    Museeuw and Bettini themselves then establishing the gap for the 7 breakaways after the last hill.
    And with the race only being 200 km and not much hard sections at the end, its stayed more or less
    tense as Max was superb and even Pozzato seemed in for a good battle.

    In general many youngsters showed their game: Boonen, Pozzato, Nuyens, Traksel, Kashenkin,
    Cancellara. nice.

  5. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Bart" wrote:
    > It was a much more enjoyable TV-broadcast than the dominated P-R's.
    [and]
    > And with the race only being 200 km and not much hard sections at the end, its stayed more or less
    > tense as Max was superb and even Pozzato seemed in for a good battle.

    I had an enjoyable moment during the French Eurosport broadcast when, with perhaps 10 km to go and
    the selection down to three, one announcer said breathlessly, "van Heeswijk has a chance!" and
    immediately the other announcer replied "yeah, for *third.*"

    Lotto-Domo was invisible.

  6. "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
    > >
    > > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
    > > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true CA
    > > style.
    >
    > LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.

    Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire your capacity to handle it
    in such good humor.

    The ability to laugh at oneself is in short supply in rbr these days.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
    > > >
    > > > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
    > > > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
    > > > CA style.
    > >
    > > LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.
    >

    > Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire your capacity to handle it
    > in such good humor.

    Gee thanks, I feel SO much better, LOL.

  8. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    > "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Was a DNF according to the Eurosport TV coverage
    > > >
    > > > Marlene Blanshay: first "Bartoli", then "Cipo", or "Hincapie", next "Wesemann" and finally,
    > > > "anyone who does well in rainy, shitty conditions". Sets the season opening standard for true
    > > > CA style.
    > >
    > > LOL, you make me sound like such a total moron.
    >

    > Perhaps you made yourself look like a total moron, but I have to admire
    your
    > capacity to handle it in such good humor.
    >

    > The ability to laugh at oneself is in short supply in rbr these days.

    Henry -- Marlene's cool. PLEASE leave her and similar alone.

    Thanks man!

    -Ken

  9. Bart

    Bart Guest

    explain me what's wrong with Henry's comments here ??

    jeeez.

  10. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest