RCS Sports Ate Our Balls

HC

Guest
What was RCS Sport's prejudicial basis for selecting (1) CSF Group Navigare,
(2) Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli, and (3) NGC Medical-OTC
Industria Porte over Astana and Wide Load? Give me a break. NGC Medical
doesn't stand a chance. And Simoni isn't surrounded with the right guys the
be in with a shout, so like why even bother?

CSF Group Navigare
http://csfgroupnavigare.com/ Paride Grillo needs a new hair-do.

Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selle_Italia-Serramenti_Diquigiovanni Is
Leonardo Moser the son of Francesco? Will these home boys have what it
takes to ride for Simoni?

NGC Medical-OTC Industria Porte
http://www.ngc-otc.com/ WTF?
http://www.ngc-otc.com/atleti.jpg WTF?
http://www.ngc-otc.com/DSC_7107.JPG WTF?
http://www.ngc-otc.com/02.jpg WTF

On Feb 2, 5:03 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:18:42 -0800, "HC" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.ngc-otc.com/

> Apart from Navigare, I thought you were just making up those team
> names as generic minor Italian pro teams - now I see they are real.
>
> Yeah ... W T F

It's what the Giro used to do before the ProTour got in the way. The
same will happen at the Tour and Vuelta.

Now, big sponsors with half a clue might be asking "What exactly is
the point of a ProTour licence?"

Jeff

"Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> It's what the Giro used to do before the ProTour got in the way. The
> same will happen at the Tour and Vuelta.

I really would like to see Skil-Shimano get an invite to this year's
TdF.

On Feb 3, 5:59 am, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > It's what the Giro used to do before the ProTour got in the way. The
> > same will happen at the Tour and Vuelta.

> I really would like to see Skil-Shimano get an invite to this year's
> TdF.

It's definitely who you know in Italy.

The Pro Tour is really just wasting everyone's time. At the tour down
under the team that had the most passion were the teams with the
australians. UniSA which rode the pro tour had the second placed
rider. You would not have even known that half the pro tour teams were
there it was such a non event.

Just let the organisers pick who they want and leave it be. it seemed
to work well for the last 50 odd years. Belgian fans want to watch
belgian teams and french fans want to watch french teams and italians
want to watch italians. Pretty easy to understand.

On Feb 2, 9:21 am, Jeff Jones <[email protected]> wrote:

> It's what the Giro used to do before the ProTour got in the way. The
> same will happen at the Tour and Vuelta.
>
> Now, big sponsors with half a clue might be asking "What exactly is
> the point of a ProTour licence?"

It wasn't a well thought out plan.

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> It wasn't a well thought out plan.

At least it hasn't cost $1 trillion yet.

On Feb 2, 12:21 pm, Jeff Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 2, 5:03 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:18:42 -0800, "HC" <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > >http://www.ngc-otc.com/

> > Apart from Navigare, I thought you were just making up those team
> > names as generic minor Italian pro teams - now I see they are real.

> > Yeah ... W T F

> It's what the Giro used to do before the ProTour got in the way. The
> same will happen at the Tour and Vuelta.
>
> Now, big sponsors with half a clue might be asking "What exactly is
> the point of a ProTour licence?"
>
> Jeff

protour races :
tour down under
tour of flanders
gent wevelgem
tour of poland
eneco tour

these are non protour races :
milan san-remo
paris roubaix
giro d'italia
tour de france
tour of lombardy

On Feb 3, 3:35 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> > Now, big sponsors with half a clue might be asking "What exactly is
> > the point of a ProTour licence?"

> > Jeff

> protour races :
> tour down under
> tour of flanders
> gent wevelgem
> tour of poland
> eneco tour
>
> these are non protour races :
> milan san-remo
> paris roubaix
> giro d'italia
> tour de france
> tour of lombardy- Hide quoted text -

I think that makes the point pretty decisively.
Bill C

On Feb 3, 8:40 pm, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think that makes the point pretty decisively.

I'm just surprised it's taken over three years for the UCI to realise
that the grand tour organisers were *never* going to sign up it
because they would lose a chunk of their TV rights. Actually I
shouldn't really be surprised. The UCI didn't even discuss it with the
GTs before presenting it as a done deal. That's an effective
negotiating tactic when you're the weaker party.

Now, the UCI are stuck with the ProTour, which is fine for them while
all the teams are on side. But every ProTour team that is not invited
to the Tour de France will likely say "what are we paying for again?"
and either fold or go back to pro continental level, a la Unibet or
whatever they are nowadays.

I guess I have to give credit to the UCI for fooling the teams into
buying into the ProTour in the first place, despite zero commitment
from the big organisers. Globalisation must be a powerful selling
point.

Jeff
p.s. Is this the original 'this is not a well thought out plan'
thread? http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/c6139bec8b7e1e8f