Re: 1% treadmill incline setting = flat outdoor running?

Harold Buck

[email protected] (John B.) wrote:

> I run regularly on a TM at 1% and I run regularly outside. My sense is
> that outside is still harder. I can pretty easily do four 8-min. miles
> on the TM @ 1%. I can't quite match that outside. I'm not sure why.
> Hills? Wind? Heat and humidity? Fear of being passed by women (GOD, I
> HATE that!)?

It's worse in a triathlon, when you see women from an age group older
than yours passing you and you know their wave started 15 minutes AFTER
yours did. :)

It's a good thing I have a healthy perspective and know that I'm not
supposed to be faster just because I'm a man.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

well, you don't have to push your leg back on the TM...

"Harold Buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (John B.) wrote:
>
> > I run regularly on a TM at 1% and I run regularly outside. My sense is
> > that outside is still harder. I can pretty easily do four 8-min. miles
> > on the TM @ 1%. I can't quite match that outside. I'm not sure why.
> > Hills? Wind? Heat and humidity? Fear of being passed by women (GOD, I
> > HATE that!)?

> It's worse in a triathlon, when you see women from an age group older
> than yours passing you and you know their wave started 15 minutes AFTER
> yours did. :)
>
> It's a good thing I have a healthy perspective and know that I'm not
> supposed to be faster just because I'm a man.
>
> --Harold Buck
>

> "I used to rock and roll all night,
> and party every day.
> Then it was every other day. . . ."
> -Homer J. Simpson

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (John B.) wrote:
>
> > I run regularly on a TM at 1% and I run regularly outside. My sense is
> > that outside is still harder. I can pretty easily do four 8-min. miles
> > on the TM @ 1%. I can't quite match that outside.

Have you calibrated your treadmill?

Andy Coggan