Re: 2.60 a frickin gallon!

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:37:27 -0500, [email protected] (Don)
wrote:

>Isn't it time to rename this thread?

LOL, yes it is.

TBR

White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
"Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 23:44:47 UTC, "Viper GTS" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> That's all you can put in a Viper GTS or RAM SRT-10; you meathead.

What? no fuel quality sensor? That's been available for years. Cars
that have them burn either and autoadjust the engine to match

--
David Eckard
Rot13 this address [email protected]

David Eckard wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 23:44:47 UTC, "Viper GTS" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> That's all you can put in a Viper GTS or RAM SRT-10; you meathead.
>>

> What? no fuel quality sensor? That's been available for years. Cars
> that have them burn either and autoadjust the engine to match

And I am sure you have some secret design to lower compression on a high
compression racing motor. Maybe you can send it to NA$Cball so they can
run on 80 octane.

In article <[email protected]>,
Odinn <[email protected]> writes:
> On 9/2/2005 2:23 PM Hugh Beyer mumbled something about the following:
>> Hey! Remember when gas was only $2.60 a gallon?
>>

> You mean it still isn't.

Well here it running 3.19 US$/gal down from 3.25 yesterday

[email protected] (Matthew B Guest) wrote in:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Odinn <[email protected]> writes:
>> On 9/2/2005 2:23 PM Hugh Beyer mumbled something about the following:
>>> Hey! Remember when gas was only $2.60 a gallon?
>>>

>> You mean it still isn't.

> Well here it running 3.19 US$/gal down from 3.25 yesterday

Just paid $2.75 this morning, 8:30AM, 9/3/2005.

Most local stations are $3.19 or more, my sincere thanks to Mr. Sam Walton
and Sam's Club, I've paid for my membership with my gas savings this year.

On 9/3/2005 1:25 PM Matthew B Guest mumbled something about the following:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Odinn <[email protected]> writes:
>
>>On 9/2/2005 2:23 PM Hugh Beyer mumbled something about the following:
>>
>>>Hey! Remember when gas was only $2.60 a gallon?
>>>

>>You mean it still isn't.

> Well here it running 3.19 US$/gal down from 3.25 yesterday

I've seen $2.59 to $3.39 just yesterday alone. Unfortunately, the $2.59
station was out of gas, but the $2.89 station was still pumping, and the
$3.39 station had no customers (don't know if they had gas, I wasn't
about to stop). We don't have a shortage problem yet, we have a
distribution problem as a result of the majority of Atlantians panicking.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 [email protected] to reply

"Lee Aanderud" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Viper GTS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Morton Davis wrote:

> >> Paid $2.55 yesterday. Drove right in and up to the pump. All grades
> >> avaiable.

> > $3.49 for premium at Kroger in Atlanta, GA. It's under 5 cents per
> > gallon in Iraq.

> So don't buy premium fuel.
>
> Lee

You almost can't afford NOT to burn premium at these rates. When it was
1.359 for regular the mid grade was 1.459 and premium was 1.559....now that
it's 3.399 the mid and premium are still only a dime more...go figure.

>> It's under 5 cents per gallon
>> in Iraq.

> The answer is simple then, drive to Iraq to fill up.

>Even simpler - take the oil for free until we get back our $200 billion. <

Wouldn't help. The refineries are offline and we need more.

'less your viper burns straight crude.

I'll just happily drive my 4 banger getting 36 Hwy with AC at 72mph &
30mph in town using regular.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >> It's under 5 cents per gallon
> >> in Iraq.

> > The answer is simple then, drive to Iraq to fill up.

> >Even simpler - take the oil for free until we get back our $200

billion. <

> Wouldn't help. The refineries are offline and we need more.
>
> 'less your viper burns straight crude.
>
> I'll just happily drive my 4 banger getting 36 Hwy with AC at 72mph &
> 30mph in town using regular.

Buying up and closing refineries all over the country has proven to be one
of the stupidest things of recent years....but hey greed is a terrible thing
to waste.....

[email protected] wrote:
>>> It's under 5 cents per gallon
>>> in Iraq.

>> The answer is simple then, drive to Iraq to fill up.

>> Even simpler - take the oil for free until we get back our $200
>> billion. <

> Wouldn't help. The refineries are offline and we need more.

Do you contend that if we got $200 billion in light crude, that we could
not refine it in this country and lower the cost of a gallon of gas at the
pumps?

"Viper GTS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bushtard is working on it. His theory is that he and hallicheney can make
> it so we wish we could have the days of $4 per gallon back.

I guess you see black helicopters every day, too.

Carey in Manvel

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 04:36:44 GMT, "Carey Akin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I guess you see black helicopters every day, too.

And if you doubt him, you ARE a Bushtard.

Carey Akin wrote:
> "Viper GTS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Bushtard is working on it. His theory is that he and hallicheney
>> can make it so we wish we could have the days of $4 per gallon back.
>>

> I guess you see black helicopters every day, too.

Is Bushtard not profiteering from this? Does his family no longer have
$100M worth of wealth from the oil industry?!??! How about Hallicheney?
Was he not the CEO of Halliburton? Does his wife and children not own
Halliburton stock as part of their living trusts? He only sold his
personal shares, you know. Living trusts were precluded from need for sale
prior to him running for VP.

You can profess your love for Bushtard all you want - but he is still an
alcoholic cocaine abuser with a hidden agenda.

Carey Akin wrote:
> "Viper GTS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Bushtard is working on it. His theory is that he and hallicheney
>> can make it so we wish we could have the days of $4 per gallon back.
>>

> I guess you see black helicopters every day, too.

Is Bushtard not profiteering from this? Does his family no longer have
$100M worth of wealth from the oil industry?!??! How about Hallicheney?
Was he not the CEO of Halliburton? Does his wife and children not own
Halliburton stock as part of their living trusts? He only sold his
personal shares, you know. Living trusts were precluded from need for sale
prior to him running for VP.

You can profess your love for Bushtard all you want - but he is still an
alcoholic cocaine abuser with a hidden agenda.

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 16:51:14 UTC, "Viper GTS" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> And I am sure you have some secret design to lower compression on a high
> compression racing motor. Maybe you can send it to NA$Cball so they can
> run on 80 octane.

nope, don't understand engines well enough. I do know that nascar
generally lives in the past for autotech.

The cars with sensors are run by computers and the computer does the
magic. And to me, what car engine computers do largely is magic. I
once had a car whose distributor was off 10 degrees of and it ran
fine. they had to adjust it to make it pass pollution tests. The
computer was able to compensate for the terrible distributor
placement. How? Heck if I know.

--
David Eckard
Rot13 this address [email protected]
Webmaster http://www.billswoodshed.com <- currently unavail
Webmaster http://home.earthlink.net/~swordedge

<[email protected]> whined:
>Poor little Seth.
>
>All you can do is sputter and spew.

Whining is what is does when it loses an argument.

It does a lot of whining.

Seth
--
There's no amount of rudeness in the world that can not be cured by the
judicious application of extreme violence. -- Roland Lee