Re: 2nd Richmond Muni Weekend Vid/Pics and New HOW Video

muniracer

Guest
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album406

here i have uploaded a video (6MB) from the footage i took and photos
that i took during the 2nd Richmond Muni Weekend. Actually, the first 8
photos were taken several days before when Frank and I surveyed the area
in preparation. it was great fun and i hope the other riders that
attended will post details, favorite part, least favorite part, funny
stories etc. etc.

Probably in the next couple days i will post a second video from phil's
(pdc) footage and maybe another with walt's footage. i will post photos
by these two as i recieve them.

the riders who attended include:

Trip (me)
John
Frank
Phil (pdc)
Nick Brazzi
James (siafredem, or something like that)
wolfgang (wogri)
Hunter (DK)
Wendy
Walt

it was an excellent ride!

-----------------

Also, I have uploaded a video made on Christmas Day (and the day before)
when my brother and I rode around at a cool park near my grandmother's
house. Please excuse the lack of technical lines, this is more of a
'goofing off' video.

I will give you a few things to look for:

1) I switch my hopping foot back and forth in the movie, i hop normal 4
times (i think) and the rest are goofy footed.
2) 2 shots where John rides my uni with the seat lowered a great deal
3) 3 shots where the rider falls (but the fall is cut out)
4) 3 shots where the rider dabs with his hand but the hand is not in the
frame
5) 2 times where a line is conveniently cut up into seperately sections
because the whole line was not completed in one try (just because a line
is cut up doesnt mean that this is the case)

It is 6 MB and can be found here:

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albup24

its called the HOW X-mas Video

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Awesome video compilation. It was definitely a fun day.

Two accomplishments for myself over the course of the day:
1.) learning how to rubber from a crank grab.
2.) completing that tricky seesaw.

favorite part of the video: wolfgang singing while riding the coker,
hah!

by the way, did anyone find a small adjustable wrench in the parking
lot?

--
siafirede - straight edge in your face
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057

Very cool videos Trip,

I loved the X-mas video, even though like you said the lines were
not that technical, but still its always fun to watch your stuff. The
Richmond muni weekend looked like a blast... sometimes i wish i lived on
the eastcoast:)

--Sabin A.

--
sabin_a. - skilled unicyclist

"Could god microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?"

'SIXSIXONE' (www.sixsixone.com)

sabin_a.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4457

funny story...

weve got a crazy dog named phoebe. this dog is insane, literally, she
jumps on people constantly and loves attention more than anything. so
of course she was happy to see half a dozen new faces in her back yard.
nick seemed to like phoebe quite a bit, and when he picked up a ball,
phoebe seemed to take an interest. so nick hurled the ball with all his
might, thinking that phoebe would love to fetch it. unfortunately the
dog had already lost interest and ran away from him in the opposite
direction. the defeat in nick's face was the funniest thing i had ever
seen.

i enjoyed the trials on the rocks out on the james river the most, even
though it seemed to bore the non-trials-oriented riders.

my least favorite part was the fact that four riders we were expecting
did not show up.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

First of all: Thanks John, Trip and Frank for hosting this show. Not
only you are admireable riders, but also the organisation was really
well done! This was my first unicycling meeting ever, and I was pretty
amazed. I feel like having a lot of new friends after this day :)

After I have graduated in May 2005, everyone of you is welcome to visit
me in Austria and do some Muni in our Mountains!

I really liked the whole day, I couldn't complain about anything but
James not wearing protective gear :)
The whole meeting gave me an amazing boost in motivation, I am really
looking forward to do more seat-out, and learn to jump higher.

Also the pictures are very nice, and the editing of the video was not
only fast but perfectly done!

HOW - Thank you so much. You made my day!

Wolfgang

--
wogri - I ride my bride

http://www.wogri.at
http://unicycling.wogri.at
wogri's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7490

Great videos! THanks for sharing. Has anyone else noticed this huge
increase in the number of videos being posted here in the last couple of
weeks/month? Those posts fro mthe muni weekend looked fantastic! I
thought there were plenty of quite technical lines in that second video
of yours. Very nice stuff.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

andrew_carter wrote:
> *Great videos! THanks for sharing. Has anyone else noticed this huge
> increase in the number of videos being posted here in the last couple
> of weeks/month? Those posts fro mthe muni weekend looked fantastic!
> I thought there were plenty of quite technical lines in that second
> video of yours. Very nice stuff.
>
> Andrew *

i too have noticed this, andrew. and even though it has only been about
a week and a half, i have been surprised that you havent posted another
one ;) . anyways, i am in the process of working on another one right
now, and i will put it up in about a week. it will be basically be a
progress report of my switch foot experiment.

--

andrew_carter wrote:
> *Great videos! THanks for sharing. Has anyone else noticed this huge
> increase in the number of videos being posted here in the last couple
> of weeks/month? Those posts fro mthe muni weekend looked fantastic!
> I thought there were plenty of quite technical lines in that second
> video of yours. Very nice stuff.
>
> Andrew *

i too have noticed this, andrew. and even though it has only been about
a week and a half, i have been surprised that you havent posted another
one ;) . anyways, i am in the process of working on another one right
now, and i will put it up in about a week. it will be basically be a
progress report of my switch foot experiment.

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339

Thanks HOW. It was a great day. I'm still bitter that your see-saw
apparatus defeated me. I would have gotten it if I hadn't bashed my
toe.

I also learned a valuable lesson about sprint racing on a coker. You
really need to pick a race course with some extra area after the finish
line to slow down and stop - especially if the course is slightly
downhill. James and Frank on their 700c's stopped right at the finish
line, while I kept on flying out into the street. Cokers is all about
momentum...

--
nbrazzi

Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

-Carl Sagan
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

Thanks HOW. It was a great day. I'm still bitter that your see-saw
apparatus defeated me. I would have gotten it if I hadn't bashed my
toe.

I also learned a valuable lesson about sprint racing on a coker. You
really need to pick a race course with some extra area after the finish
line to slow down and stop - especially if the course is slightly
downhill. James and Frank on their 700c's stopped right at the finish
line, while I kept on flying out into the street. Cokers is all about
momentum...

--
nbrazzi

Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

-Carl Sagan
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

Thanks guys for the food, ride and letting us ride your house. It was a
lot of fun and I'd like to do it again. I realized how much i need to
work on steeps and that i want a 24/26 muni! i wish more people would
have come, but it was fun anyway.

Thanks,
Hunter

--
DK - level 11 unicyclist
DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

muniracer wrote:
> *i too have noticed this, andrew. and even though it has only been
> about a week and a half, i have been surprised that you havent posted
> another one ;) .*

I have been at the Woodford Folk Festival for a week...sorry. :) We
were doing epoxy seamless flooring at a school 10 minutes from my house
yesterday and I spotted some beautiful lines...nice round rails, etc,
etc. I don't think I'm working on friday so I might check it out
then.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Unicycling because it's really fun!

carter.andrew (at) gmail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
Unicycling Tips and Tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com

Thanks so much HOW for sponsoring a great day of one wheeled fun. This
was my first time getting together with a group (gaggle, flock,
coven:confused: ) of unicyclists. I'm thankful for the friendliness and
hospitality you guys demonstrated.

You guys definitely are Hell on a Wheel, but once off the Wheel you
were just the opposite. Thanks especially to the Glazer's (including
Mom & Dad) for opening up their home to all of us and treating us like
family.

Walt - Thanks for the pizza and support to all of us. Keep on Ridin'

Trip, John and Frank - You guys are awesome riders and great hosts!

Nick - Thanks for letting me ride your Coker. (I freemounted :D ) I've
been wanting to try one ever since I knew they existed.

Hunter - It was a pleasure meeting you and your riding is coming along
very well (you had the nerve to try things I just watched)

James - Another 5 minutes practice and you'd of been wheel walking
that Coker across the parking lot. (crank to rubber :p )

Wolfgang - You gliding maniac you. I hope I can ride as well in 3
years as you have done in 7 months. (dropped effortlessly off 9
pallets)

Wendy - Last but not least. Proof to the "Girlz that grind?" Thread
that there actually are girl riders out there.

Thanks again to all of you for a great day of riding.

--
pdc - self proclaimed Level 3
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160