Re: 3 flat tires in a row??

Roger Zoul

Guest
"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>c wrote:
>> i just bought a new bike - a trek 7200 (hybrid) - and i've been riding
>> it through NYC
>>
>> got a flat one day, paid $16 to get it fixed (new tube)
>>
>> rode around that day, got another flat, paid $16 to get it fixed
>> (there was a spike sticking out of it ... so ... bad luck?)
>>
>> that was 1 week ago ... rode around every day since, got another flat
>> tire
>>

>> always the back tire
>>

>> what gives?
>>
>> coincidence?
>>
>> bike shop doing a bad job? maybe missing the fact that a spoke is
>> protruding and stabbing my tube or something?
>>
>> am i a fat, fat man?
>>
>> does jumping a curb kill a tube? i never had this happen on my old
>> 7200's (i rode 2 before this one, i love the 7200)
>>
>> are there more hazards on the roads in april? broken bottles leftover
>> from st patty's or something?
>>
>> the bike shop is metro bicycles on 14th st and 1st ave - generally
>> good guys
>>

>> if this is just coincidence it's really enough to drive me nuts

> Dude, buy some tubes and a pump and learn how to fix your own (and
> others') flats. 16 bucks a pop?!? Sheesh.

No kiddin! Geez whiz, man. Get a clue or go broke. Find another bike
shop, too.

Inspect the tube to see the reason for each flat. Consider inflating to max
pressure to prevent pinch flats. Inspect your tires before/after a ride for
things that may be in them. Look at where you are riding...if you see glass,
go around it.

Go online and buy tubes 10 at a time when on sale. Get a patch kit and
some tire levels...learn how to fix a flat (bicycletutor.com)