Re: 360 tips

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by pete66, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. pete66

    pete66 Guest

    Has anyone done a 360 down a set of stairs? Surely you'd be mad enough
    to try one, tugboat. How big a set of stairs have u dudes done 360s
    on?

    I've been tryin to do a 360 (from rolling hop) but it's pretty hard, if
    I jump with left foot forward and hold seat with right hand, which way
    should I be spinning?

    I've noticed Dan Heaton does them right foot forward and right hand
    holding seat and he spins left. Wonder if he can do 360s either way?

    As for doin it down stairs, I can only clear a 5-set at the moment (no
    360!) coz of my glass ankles, I think they might be gettin better now
    coz I've been doin some running which seems to help. I rode down a steep
    6 set seat out in front the other day which was new to me.

    Another thing, what kinda tricks have people pulled off on ultimate
    wheels? Have people tackled stairs or crank flips or um, wheel walking?
    :p

    Pete

    --
    pete66 - Level 4 Unicyclist
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

  2. tugboat

    tugboat Guest

    for your question about 360s down sets... i've only done a 360 down a 4
    set. but in U2, dan doerksen does a 360 down a six set. yeah... 6
    stairs... why would anyone do that? i cant understand it. hes a nut. i'm
    hoping to hit one down 6 this summer though.

    Kevin

    --
    tugboat - Street Unier named Kevin

    "You won't get hurt if you land it!"
    tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

  3. Rockey

    Rockey Guest

    pete66 wrote:
    > *I've been tryin to do a 360 (from rolling hop) but it's pretty hard,
    > if I jump with left foot forward and hold seat with right hand, which
    > way should I be spinning?
    >
    > I've noticed Dan Heaton does them right foot forward and right hand
    > holding seat and he spins left. Wonder if he can do 360s either way?
    > *

    I can do rolling hops with either foot forward, but as of now I can only
    do 360s with left foot forward, spinning to the right. From my
    experience it seems best and easiest to spin towards your back pedal,
    since that allows your hips to rotate much more than if you were
    spinning towards your front foot. As for the hand, I personally use the
    hand that corresponds to my back pedal, so I switch hands when I switch
    pedal positions. Dan Heaton uses the hand that corresponds with his
    front pedal, but I have no idea if he can do spins or high rolling hops
    with the left foot forward or with the other hand. So to sum it all up,
    you should definitely spin the direction of your back pedal, but which
    hand your using doesn't make a difference, since Dan Heaton and Dan
    Doerkson spin with opposite hands, both towards their left pedal in the
    back position.

    --
    Rockey

    epiphanize