Re: 5 more weeks till biking

Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:

>>> Hopefully I don't fit into the Nerd category.

>>Not yet, but we're working on it.

> How about a drilled-out slide rule for weight weenie bike nerds!

I was trying to think of any bike-specific nerd-identifying
accoutrements similar to the old pocket protector cliche.
The first thing that came to mind was peanut butter wrenches,
but I don't think those really qualify.

Pee Wee's bike wasn't nerdly; that was just plain goofy.

One of these days I've gotta build that generator-powered
battery recharger/regulator.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:05:56 -0800, <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote, in part:

>I was trying to think of any bike-specific nerd-identifying
>accoutrements similar to the old pocket protector cliche.
>The first thing that came to mind was peanut butter wrenches,
>but I don't think those really qualify.

When they're mixed with your kitchen untensils they do!
--
zk

In article <[email protected]>,
Zoot Katz <[email protected]> writes:
> Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:05:56 -0800, <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote, in part:
>
>>I was trying to think of any bike-specific nerd-identifying
>>accoutrements similar to the old pocket protector cliche.
>>The first thing that came to mind was peanut butter wrenches,
>>but I don't think those really qualify.

> When they're mixed with your kitchen untensils they do!

Could cue sheet holders be the bicycle equivalent of
pocket protectors?

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:29:25 -0800, <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:

>>>I was trying to think of any bike-specific nerd-identifying
>>>accoutrements similar to the old pocket protector cliche.
>>>The first thing that came to mind was peanut butter wrenches,
>>>but I don't think those really qualify.

zk responded
>> When they're mixed with your kitchen untensils they do!

>Could cue sheet holders be the bicycle equivalent of
>pocket protectors?

If they're anything more than a spring clothes peg and zip-lock baggy.
--
zk