RE 8%

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Adrian, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Hi everyone, I will give a little background info so everyone is up to speed
    on my situation:

    I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in high
    school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated I was
    probably 20lb over what I should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning ate the
    same greasy carby breakfast. I gained about 50 more over 1 year and probably another 10-15 after my
    first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now and I met a girl who also
    was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating habits were horrific. We ate
    McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other night, junk food from the corner
    store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one day it ended. My most dramatic loss
    was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months, and have kept it off until 2 years
    later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my eating habits much in this six
    months, there was less junkfood, the same if not more McDonalds, and the same restaurant food. I did
    however get outside regularly, I rode my bike, walked, and jogged for a while.

    6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I decided
    this would be the chance I needed to get in shape. My mission is to make her go WOW when she comes
    back. 6 months ago I weighed in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have
    completely changed my lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1
    per night (local penny candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2,
    depending on how busy my schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is
    where I lost the bulk of the weight. I realize starving myself is not a good thing to do, but it was
    relatively easy to do, and it worked. I began eating a little more food after the 3 months, getting
    my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and levelling out at 180lb. For 1 month now I have
    been doing intense cardio work, I run 4 laps (1KM) full boar every night break a good sweat, walk
    home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-45 mins. I found it
    important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel effective. I am
    currently in the best shape of my life, I am close to where I want to be, but once you reach this
    point you want to keep going. Going through this experience has changed my life. I feel so so much
    better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best feeling in the world is when you
    meet someone you have not seen in 6 month and they freak out because they don't recognize you. It's
    an eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that you
    can't get from anything else.

    I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
    reminding yourself at the end of the day that this was another won day in the war. If you weaken and
    do give in, don't let it discourage you, just jump back into your program the next day. Don't
    discourage yourself by saying you need to loose 50LB, loose maybe 1 or 2lb, you will have many small
    victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of your eating habits and how
    that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so far. That is how I thought
    of it, and it worked for me.

    Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
    hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

    Tags:

  2. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    PS I'd like to add that now that I exercise and run, I find that I can slip a little more now and
    again and enjoy those bad food that got me into my mess in the first place. My nutritionist told
    me since my metabolism rate is way up junk food in small amounts will have little or no effect.
    there's another reason to LOOSE IT!!!!

    BTW WATER WATER WATER!

    "Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    >
    > I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
    > reminding yourself at the end of the day that
    this
    > was another won day in the war. If you weaken and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just
    > jump back into your program the next day. Don't discourage yourself by saying you need to loose
    > 50LB, loose maybe 1 or
    2lb,
    > you will have many small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of
    > your eating habits and how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so
    > far. That is how I thought of it, and it worked for me.
    >
    > Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
    > hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

  3. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    --------------030008020408040208080804

    Wow, you are an inspirations Adrian! Elaine K

    Adrian

> [...]
    >you can't get from anything else.
    >
    >I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
    >reminding yourself at the end of the day that this was another won day in the war. If you weaken
    >and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just jump back into your program the next day. Don't
    >discourage yourself by saying you need to loose 50LB, loose maybe 1 or 2lb, you will have many
    >small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of your eating habits and
    >how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so far. That is how I
    >thought of it, and it worked for me.
    >
    >Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
    >hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

    --------------030008020408040208080804 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: 7bit

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
[...]

  4. good for you doing so well, Lee
> [...]
    >
    > I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
    > reminding yourself at the end of the day that
    this
    > was another won day in the war. If you weaken and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just
    > jump back into your program the next day. Don't discourage yourself by saying you need to loose
    > 50LB, loose maybe 1 or
    2lb,
    > you will have many small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of
    > your eating habits and how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so
    > far. That is how I thought of it, and it worked for me.
    >
    > Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
    > hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

  5. Wow! Great work Adrian. I'm sure that your girlfriend will be taken by the new you when she returns!

    Brenda