RE 8%

A

Adrian

Hi everyone, I will give a little background info so everyone is up to speed
on my situation:

I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in high
school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated I was
probably 20lb over what I should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning ate the
same greasy carby breakfast. I gained about 50 more over 1 year and probably another 10-15 after my
first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now and I met a girl who also
was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating habits were horrific. We ate
McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other night, junk food from the corner
store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one day it ended. My most dramatic loss
was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months, and have kept it off until 2 years
later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my eating habits much in this six
months, there was less junkfood, the same if not more McDonalds, and the same restaurant food. I did
however get outside regularly, I rode my bike, walked, and jogged for a while.

6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I decided
this would be the chance I needed to get in shape. My mission is to make her go WOW when she comes
back. 6 months ago I weighed in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have
completely changed my lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1
per night (local penny candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2,
depending on how busy my schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is
where I lost the bulk of the weight. I realize starving myself is not a good thing to do, but it was
relatively easy to do, and it worked. I began eating a little more food after the 3 months, getting
my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and levelling out at 180lb. For 1 month now I have
been doing intense cardio work, I run 4 laps (1KM) full boar every night break a good sweat, walk
home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-45 mins. I found it
important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel effective. I am
currently in the best shape of my life, I am close to where I want to be, but once you reach this
point you want to keep going. Going through this experience has changed my life. I feel so so much
better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best feeling in the world is when you
meet someone you have not seen in 6 month and they freak out because they don't recognize you. It's
an eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that you
can't get from anything else.

I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
reminding yourself at the end of the day that this was another won day in the war. If you weaken and
do give in, don't let it discourage you, just jump back into your program the next day. Don't
discourage yourself by saying you need to loose 50LB, loose maybe 1 or 2lb, you will have many small
victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of your eating habits and how
that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so far. That is how I thought
of it, and it worked for me.

Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

PS I'd like to add that now that I exercise and run, I find that I can slip a little more now and
again and enjoy those bad food that got me into my mess in the first place. My nutritionist told
me since my metabolism rate is way up junk food in small amounts will have little or no effect.
there's another reason to LOOSE IT!!!!

BTW WATER WATER WATER!

"Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:9yDUb.9793$NG1.4636@clgrps12...
> Hi everyone, I will give a little background info so everyone is up to
speed
> on my situation:
>
> I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in
> high school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated I
> was probably 20lb over what
I
> should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning ate the same greasy carby
> breakfast. I gained about 50 more over 1 year and
probably
> another 10-15 after my first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now
> and I met a girl who also was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating
> habits were horrific. We ate McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other
> night, junk food from the corner store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one
> day it ended. My most dramatic loss was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months,
> and have kept it off until
> years later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my eating habits much in this
> six months, there was less junkfood, the same
if
> not more McDonalds, and the same restaurant food. I did however get
outside
> regularly, I rode my bike, walked, and jogged for a while.
>
> 6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I
> decided this would be the chance I needed to get in
shape.
> My mission is to make her go WOW when she comes back. 6 months ago I
weighed
> in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have completely changed my
> lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1 per night (local penny
> candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2, depending on how busy my
> schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is where I lost the bulk
> of the weight. I realize starving myself is not a
good
> thing to do, but it was relatively easy to do, and it worked. I began
eating
> a little more food after the 3 months, getting my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and
> levelling out at 180lb. For 1 month now I have
been
> doing intense cardio work, I run 4 laps (1KM) full boar every night break
a
> good sweat, walk home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-
> 45 mins. I found it important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel
> effective. I am currently in
the
> best shape of my life, I am close to where I want to be, but once you
reach
> this point you want to keep going. Going through this experience has
changed
> my life. I feel so so much better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best
> feeling in the world is when you meet someone you have
not
> seen in 6 month and they freak out because they don't recognize you. It's
an
> eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that you
> can't get from anything else.
>
> I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
> reminding yourself at the end of the day that
this
> was another won day in the war. If you weaken and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just
> jump back into your program the next day. Don't discourage yourself by saying you need to loose
> 50LB, loose maybe 1 or
2lb,
> you will have many small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of
> your eating habits and how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so
> far. That is how I thought of it, and it worked for me.
>
> Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
> hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Wow, you are an inspirations Adrian! Elaine K

Adrian

>Hi everyone, I will give a little background info so everyone is up to speed on my situation:
>
>I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in
>high school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated
>I was probably 20lb over what I should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning
>ate the same greasy carby breakfast. I gained about 50 more over 1 year and probably another 10-
>15 after my first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now and I met
>a girl who also was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating habits were
>horrific. We ate McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other night, junk
>food from the corner store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one day it
>ended. My most dramatic loss was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months, and
>have kept it off until 2 years later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my
>eating habits much in this six months, there was less junkfood, the same if not more McDonalds,
>and the same restaurant food. I did however get outside regularly, I rode my bike, walked, and
>jogged for a while.
>
>6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I decided
>this would be the chance I needed to get in shape. My mission is to make her go WOW when she comes
>back. 6 months ago I weighed in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have
>completely changed my lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1
>per night (local penny candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2,
>depending on how busy my schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is
>where I lost the bulk of the weight. I realize starving myself is not a good thing to do, but it
>was relatively easy to do, and it worked. I began eating a little more food after the 3 months,
>getting my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and levelling out at 180lb. For 1 month now I
>have been doing intense cardio work, I run 4 laps (1KM) full boar every night break a good sweat,
>walk home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-45 mins. I
>found it important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel effective. I
>am currently in the best shape of my life, I am close to where I want to be, but once you reach
>this point you want to keep going. Going through this experience has changed my life. I feel so so
>much better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best feeling in the world is when
>you meet someone you have not seen in 6 month and they freak out because they don't recognize you.
>It's an eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that
>you can't get from anything else.
>
>I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
>reminding yourself at the end of the day that this was another won day in the war. If you weaken
>and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just jump back into your program the next day. Don't
>discourage yourself by saying you need to loose 50LB, loose maybe 1 or 2lb, you will have many
>small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of your eating habits and
>how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so far. That is how I
>thought of it, and it worked for me.
>
>Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
>hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!
>
>
>
>

--------------030008020408040208080804 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-
Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-
Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title> </head> <body text="#000000"
bgcolor="#ffffff"> Wow, you are an inspirations Adrian!<br> Elaine K<br> <br> Adrian <adrianh
wrote=""><br> <blockquote type="cite" cite="mid9yDUb.9793$NG1.4636@clgrps12"> <pre wrap="">Hi
everyone, I will give a little background info so everyone is up to speed on my situation:

I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in high
school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated I was
probably 20lb over what I should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning ate the
same greasy carby breakfast. I gained about 50 more over 1 year and probably another 10-15 after my
first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now and I met a girl who also
was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating habits were horrific. We ate
McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other night, junk food from the corner
store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one day it ended. My most dramatic loss
was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months, and have kept it off until 2 years
later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my eating habits much in this six
months, there was less junkfood, the same if not more McDonalds, and the same restaurant food. I did
however get outside regularly, I rode my bike, walked, and jogged for a while.

6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I decided
this would be the chance I needed to get in shape. My mission is to make her go WOW when she comes
back. 6 months ago I weighed in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have
completely changed my lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1
per night (local penny candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2,
depending on how busy my schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is
where I lost the bulk of the weight. I realize starving myself is not a good thing to do, but it was
relatively easy to do, and it worked. I began eating a little more food after the 3 months, getting
my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and levelling out at 180lb. For 1 month now I have
been doing intense cardio work, I run 4 laps (1KM) full boar every night break a good sweat, walk
home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-45 mins. I found it
important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel effective. I am
currently in the best shape of my life, I am close to where I want to be, but once you reach this
point you want to keep going. Going through this experience has changed my life. I feel so so much
better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best feeling in the world is when you
meet someone you have not seen in 6 month and they freak out because they don't recognize you. It's
an eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that you
can't get from anything else.

I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
reminding yourself at the end of the day that this was another won day in the war. If you weaken and
do give in, don't let it discourage you, just jump back into your program the next day. Don't
discourage yourself by saying you need to loose 50LB, loose maybe 1 or 2lb, you will have many small
victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of your eating habits and how
that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so far. That is how I thought
of it, and it worked for me.

Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I
hope to be chatting with you all as I continue on this ride!

</pre> </blockquote> <br> </adrianh> </body> </html>

--------------030008020408040208080804--

good for you doing so well, Lee
Adrian <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message
news:9yDUb.9793$NG1.4636@clgrps12...
speed
> on my situation:
>
> I'm 23 live in Vancouver BC. Since about grade 10 I've been overweight. I got into computers in
> high school and didn't do any physical activities I just ate and typed. By the time I graduated I
I
> should have been, I went to college for a year and every morning ate the same greasy carby
probably
> another 10-15 after my first year. I've been carrying this extra 100lb for about 5 or 6 years now
> and I met a girl who also was overweight, we stuck together for about 3 years and our eating
> habits were horrific. We ate McDonalds almost every day, sometimes 2x, restaurants every other
> night, junk food from the corner store, and NO exercise.... This went on for 3 years, until one
> day it ended. My most dramatic loss was after this relationship, I dropped about 55lb in 6 months,
> years later which was almost exactly 6 months ago. I did not change my eating habits much in this
if
outside
>
> 6 months ago my current partner decided to go overseas for employment for half a year and I
shape.
weighed
> in at about 220lb. Today the scales measure 180lb and change. I have completely changed my
> lifestyle. I eat about 2/3 of what I did before, I limit my junk food to $1 per night (local penny
> candy shop) and I limit myself to 1 McDonalds trip per month maybe 2, depending on how busy my
> schedule is. I cut out breakfast and lunch for the first 3 months, this is where I lost the bulk
good
eating
> a little more food after the 3 months, getting my body to gradually stop dropping the weight and
been
a
> good sweat, walk home and straight into the rec room and do intense weight lifting for another 30-
> 45 mins. I found it important to keep my heart rate up during my weight lifting to make it feel
the
reach
changed
> my life. I feel so so much better about myself, I feel more confident and capable. The best
not
an
> eerie feeling that you've "lost weight" and you are "done". It's a satisfying feeling that you
>
> I hope I inspired someone, the toughest part for allot of ppl is the determination, just keep
this
> was another won day in the war. If you weaken and do give in, don't let it discourage you, just
> jump back into your program the next day. Don't discourage yourself by saying you need to loose
> 50LB, loose maybe 1 or
2lb,
> you will have many small victories, instead of one big one. Take each day one by one, think of
> your eating habits and how that extra candy bar or buttertart could ruin the work you have done so
>
> Thank you all, I will be here in the rafters watching, inputting as I see fit. Again thanks, and I

Wow! Great work Adrian. I'm sure that your girlfriend will be taken by the new you when she returns!

Brenda

"Adrian" <adrianh<--flip this [email protected]> wrote in message news:9yDUb.9793$NG1.4636@clgrps12...
speed
> on my situation:
>
I
probably
if
outside
>
shape.
weighed
good
eating
been
a
the
reach
changed
not
an
>
this
> 50LB, loose maybe 1 or
2lb,
>