Re: 99% of cyclists do not ride in the bike lane so

Hayvern

Guest
Hey, come on man, I don't go to your job and kick the shovel out of
your hands, or to your wife's work and jump on the bed!

Hayvern wrote:
> Hey, come on man, I don't go to your job and kick the shovel out of
> your hands, or jump on your wife in bed.

vforvivictory

Misàjourle wrote:
> Hayvern wrote:
> > Hey, come on man, I don't go to your job and kick the shovel out of
> > your hands, or jump on your wife in bed.

> vforvivictory

Have you thought of being a speech writer for our president? I think
the way your mind works and your style is right up his ally.
Miller

[email protected] wrote:

> Have you thought of being a speech writer for our president? I think
> the way your mind works and your style is right up his ally.

As opposed to, say, Ted Kennedy? Elmer Fundt meets Foster Brooks. (He
could mix paints with those shaky hands.)

"MaryJo unavailable for comment"... NF

Nuckin' Futz wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Have you thought of being a speech writer for our president? I think
> > the way your mind works and your style is right up his ally.

> As opposed to, say, Ted Kennedy? Elmer Fundt meets Foster Brooks. (He
> could mix paints with those shaky hands.)
>
> "MaryJo unavailable for comment"... NF

Michael Douglas of Midland, Texas unavailable for comment:
<http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp>.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Johnny Sunset wrote:
> Nuckin' Futz wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>> Have you thought of being a speech writer for our president? I think
>>> the way your mind works and your style is right up his ally.

>> As opposed to, say, Ted Kennedy? Elmer Fundt meets Foster Brooks.
>> (He could mix paints with those shaky hands.)
>>
>> "MaryJo unavailable for comment"... NF

> Michael Douglas of Midland, Texas unavailable for comment:
> <http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/laura.asp>.

So you equate a tragic accident (at age 17) with being blind drunk AND
trying to cover up your crime? http://www.ytedk.com/

His performance in the Alito hearing was ALMOST as shameful. Reading some
obscure article (which turned out to be /satire/ by the way) and trying to
link it to the nominee. Why is it that Democrats can practice "guilt by
(nonexistent) association", call African American conservatives names like
Uncle Tom, House N*gg*r, etc., and get a total pass; while a Republican says
one thing and is pilloried unmercifully (e.g., Trent Lott). And of course
there's always KKK Byrd...

THROW THE HYPOCRITES OUT! (A la doltish D'ohBoy.)

NF

PS: "Kennedy earned C grades at the private Milton Academy, but was
admitted to Harvard as a "legacy" -- his father and older brothers had
attended there, so the younger and dimmer Kennedy's admission was virtually
assured. While attending, he was expelled twice, once for cheating on a
test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him." (From
http://www.nndb.com/people/623/000023554/)

PSS: Hillary and Harry Belafonte! Think anyone will associate THEM?!?
(And if the Bush US is such a fascist state, why the hell is he even allowed
back in the country?)

Nuckin' Futz wrote:
> PS: "Kennedy earned C grades at the private Milton Academy, but was
> admitted to Harvard as a "legacy" -- his father and older brothers had
> attended there, so the younger and dimmer Kennedy's admission was
> virtually assured. While attending, he was expelled twice, once for
> cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for
> him." (From http://www.nndb.com/people/623/000023554/)

Heck, the rest of it is a pretty fun read, too:
"While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for
four years instead of two. His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, then U.S.
Ambassador to England, pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment
shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea,
where a war was raging. Kennedy was assigned to Paris, never advanced beyond
the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged.

While attending law school at the University of Virginia, he was cited for
reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90
miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after
dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. He passed the bar
exam in 1959, and two years later was appointed an Assistant to the District
Attorney in Massachusetts' Suffolk County.

In 1962, at age 30 (Constitutionally, the minimum age to hold a Senate seat)
he ran for the Senate. His timing was perfect -- his brother John had given
up the seat to become President, and Kennedy easily won the office. He was
re-elected in 1964, 1970, 1976, 1982, 1988, 1994, and 2000.

In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for
several months. His sister Kathleen and nephew "John John" were killed in
separate plane crashes.

On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in
Massachusetts. At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his
Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a
campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit, narrow, rickety wooden
bridge, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge and into Poucha Pond.

He swam to shore and walked back to the party -- passing several houses and
a fire station -- and two friends returned with him to the scene of the
accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already
knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the
authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer,
and went to sleep.

Kennedy called the police the next morning. By then the wreck had already
been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered
floor above her head in the upside-down car. The Kennedy family began
pulling strings, ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse
was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be
conducted.

Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he
repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne, and he didn't
call police because he was in a state of shock. In versions not so kind, it
is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, that he was having an affair with
Kopechne, and/or that he held off calling police in hopes that his family
could fix the problem overnight.

Since the accident, Kennedy's political enemies have referred to him as the
distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick, or worse. He pled guilty to
leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a suspended sentence of two
months. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's
insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body
exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in
court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills.

In 1973, at the height of Nixon's Watergate scandal, Kennedy thundered from
the Senate floor, "Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law?
Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and
mighty?"

In 1980, Kennedy challenged Carter, his own party's sitting President, for
the Democratic nomination. Kennedy's bid was hampered by questions of
Chappaquiddick and by an interview with CBS Newsman Roger Mudd, who asked
the straightforward question, "Why do you want to be President?" Kennedy
couldn't come up with a straightforward answer. Carter was nominated for
re-election, but the party's divisions contributed to the victory won by
Reagan.

In a late-1980s media profile, Kennedy was succinctly described as someone
who "grew to manhood without learning to be an adult." He is rumored to have
had several affairs while married to his first wife, and had often been seen
in public while thoroughly tanked and/or behaving obnoxiously. In 1987 he
was caught in flagrante delicto with an unidentified woman on the floor of a
restaurant. His public image since the early 1990s and during his second
marriage has been more conservative and restrained."

Some would say "shaky".

NF

"Nuckin' Futz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> Chappaquiddick and by an interview with CBS Newsman Roger Mudd, who asked
> the straightforward question, "Why do you want to be President?" Kennedy
> couldn't come up with a straightforward answer. Carter was nominated for
> re-election, but the party's divisions contributed to the victory won by
> Reagan.
>
> In a late-1980s media profile, Kennedy was succinctly described as someone
> who "grew to manhood without learning to be an adult." He is rumored to
> have had several affairs while married to his first wife, and had often
> been seen in public while thoroughly tanked and/or behaving obnoxiously.
> In 1987 he was caught in flagrante delicto with an unidentified woman on
> the floor of a restaurant. His public image since the early 1990s and
> during his second marriage has been more conservative and restrained."

Just the other night I heard on cable TV that Teddy is considered to be a
Lion of the Democratic Party. Somehow Teddy the Lion doesn't sound quite
right. But if he really was a lion we could just take him to a vet and have
him put to sleep. That way we would not have to listen to one of his
morality lectures ever again. Wouldn't that be nice.

HH wrote:
> [...]

> > couldn't come up with a straightforward answer. Carter was nominated for
> > re-election, but the party's divisions contributed to the victory won by
> > Reagan.
> >
> > In a late-1980s media profile, Kennedy was succinctly described as someone
> > who "grew to manhood without learning to be an adult." He is rumored to
> > have had several affairs while married to his first wife, and had often
> > been seen in public while thoroughly tanked and/or behaving obnoxiously.
> > In 1987 he was caught in flagrante delicto with an unidentified woman on
> > the floor of a restaurant. His public image since the early 1990s and
> > during his second marriage has been more conservative and restrained."
> >
> > Some would say "shaky".
> >
> > NF
> >

> Just the other night I heard on cable TV that Teddy is considered to be a

and in the water - he swims in the nude.