UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: A Gentle Sunday Ride

Started by Brian G · · Last activity · 1 post · 290 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
10 September 2006
Last activity
10 September 2006
Original author
Brian G
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
290
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Pinky said:

    I woke up early this morning and was up and about at 5 am -- it's another of
    those peculiar things about getting older -- the need to have an early
    morning pee overcomes the desire to snuggle down for another couple of
    hours.
    I checked outside and the heavy mist was as forecast.An early look at the
    local area forecast on net decided me -- so I was dressed, with my fleece
    top on, and on the road before dawn at about 0600 hrs with lights flashing
    front and rear
    The mist was thick enough to be like a sort of light drizzle and I rode
    peering over the top rim of my specs! But it was nice. Not cold but nice and
    cool, no traffic and I did a haphazard circuit of the local area covering
    just over 50 miles in about a 5 hour trip. I finished up with the last
    couple of hours in warm sunshine after the mist had burnt off. My water
    bottles maintained an nice chill right until I got back home. I averaged
    10.6 mph on the ride which is just about my normal rate of progress in a
    somewhat bumpy area.

    Nothing special -- just a beautiful early autumn morning with enough summer
    left to make it really enjoyable and most of the on road ride was early
    enough to be virtually traffic free. Just keeps me alive and enjoying
    cycling for another week. Back home and I cooked a traditional roast lamb
    with garlic and rosemary for my 99 year old Dad. Then a pleasant afternoon
    sitting in the sun with a heavily chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio ( or 2!)

    A Very good day!

    Crumbs, it's a rough old life!!

    --
    Brian G

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.