Re: Accepting Panic/Anxiety diagnosis: at what point?

TADPOLEdrummer

Guest
It certainly sounds like a panic attack. I'm not a doctor or anything, but
from what your describing it seems to be panic attacks.
Believe it or not I have MVP to :O)
My mom has to take medicine for it, but mine is mild enough to be controlled
by diet and exercise.
I read a book many years ago (I'll have to find it but I can), on MVP and
it said that to a large degree MVP and panic attacks go together.
That many people with MVP also have problems with panic attacks.
Like I said that was a long time ago, and information on the link between
the two may have changed by now...but after this post I'm going to do some
research and see what I can find.
I've found the only thing in this world that made me feel like I was dying,
was a panic attack. It's the worst feeling in the world.
And if your heart goes wacky on you from time to time, that isn't a good
feeling either.
If your doc. has prescribed you paxil and xanax and you still are having
problems with attacks, I wouldn't hesitate to go back and tell him so. He
may suggest increasing your paxil, or maybe trying another anti-anxiety med.
I hope you get to feeling better soon.
If you didn't get to feeling better soon though, I would let him know.
Sincerely~
Ally

news:[email protected]...