Re: Advantages of Higher and Lower Gears?

Fritz M

Guest
"mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

> A utilitarian cyclist would argue that those clever folks who designed
> Behemoth carefully considered the needs of the urban cyclist, allowing her
> rider to sit in a comfortable, normal position and turn the pedals at a
> sensible rate of speed, instead of being bent over like a pretzel and
> spinning the pedals like a hamster on a wheel.

I have a road bike on which I spin, and a utilitarian "comfort" bike
on which I cannot spin. The upright sitting position and ultra-wide
seat makes for easy riding down the street to the grocery store, but
the big seat and positioning gets in the way of fast leg movement.

RFM