Re: Advice for buying a 2nd bike? Marin Kentfield?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Butter wouldn't melt, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:29:11 +0000, stella wrote:

    > I've tooled around London's West End for the past year on a Ridgeback
    > Speed (my first bike) until it got nicked. I've been looking for something
    > new for a couple months now with not much luck. As a student on budget,
    > I'm limited to roughly £250-300, and with locks, mudguards, etc, etc to go
    > on top, so the lower the better.

    How about an Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op model?
    They are good value, and are generally well liked on this list.
    And they are quite anonymous machine - he frames are a dark matt colour,
    and I guess you could get the logos off easily.

    http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/

    Click on Hybrids on the front page and there are the Revolution
    Trailfinder at £235 and Pathfinder at £215. Both in small sizes!
    "Like every women's-specific Revolution bicycle, the Trailfinder's shorter
    top tube makes the bicycle a more comfortable fit for women who are
    shorter than the average lad for whom the majority of bicycles are
    designed."

    Sorted! Please give one of these some serious consideration.
    And they do mail order.

    Tags:

  2. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Butter
    wouldn't melt ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:29:11 +0000, stella wrote:
    >
    >> I've tooled around London's West End for the past year on a Ridgeback
    >> Speed (my first bike) until it got nicked. I've been looking for
    >> something new for a couple months now with not much luck. As a student
    >> on budget, I'm limited to roughly £250-300, and with locks, mudguards,
    >> etc, etc to go on top, so the lower the better.

    > How about an Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op model?
    > They are good value, and are generally well liked on this list.
    > And they are quite anonymous machine - he frames are a dark matt
    > colour, and I guess you could get the logos off easily.
    >
    > http://www.edinburgh-bicycle.co.uk/
    >
    > Click on Hybrids on the front page and there are the Revolution
    > Trailfinder at £235 and Pathfinder at £215. Both in small sizes!

    I'd second this. My niece (who's about five foot) rides an Edinburgh
    Coast, of which the Trailfinder is this years model. It's an excellent
    little bike, remarkably good quality at the price. I'd disagree about
    the finish, though - my niece's is matt army green, but the finish is
    very smart; this year's trailfinders are matt off white, and also look
    very smart.

    ;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.