Re: After two weeks of strict diet and heavy exercise, I haven't lost a pound!

rick++

Guest
Shouldnt even look at scale the first two weeks
because the body is still adjusting to its new exercise
and diets regimes. Some people bodies will retrain
water to support the needs of exercising.
Some peoples digestive systems will slow the
passing of food in response to caloric reduction.

Then only weigh ones self once a week at the same
time and same conditions in regards to having exercise,
eaten and used the bathroom. Any of these can cause
a couple pound fluctuation.

On 28 Jun 2005, rick++ wrote:

> Shouldnt even look at scale the first two weeks
> because the body is still adjusting to its new exercise
> and diets regimes. Some people bodies will retrain
> water to support the needs of exercising.
> Some peoples digestive systems will slow the
> passing of food in response to caloric reduction.

In addition, a premenopausal woman can have fairly significant weight
shifts caused by water retention - usually in the weeks leading up to the
start of the period. I usually use my after period weight as the reference
for that month. If the scale weight stays the same or even goes up, I
ignore that unless my next after period weight is also up.

> Then only weigh ones self once a week at the same

I weigh every day, but that's more for reference than an actual check on
how I'm doing at losing weight.

> time and same conditions in regards to having exercise,
> eaten and used the bathroom. Any of these can cause
> a couple pound fluctuation.

Martha

--
Sig pending