Re: almost a week!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Terra, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. Terra

    Terra Guest

    Awesome start, sherry! I got a little light headed the first week.
    After the first 3 days I would forget to eat sometimes, lol. When all
    the stored carbohydrates are used up in the body, it has to switch
    fuels. Once I was in ketosis the light headedness went away. I just had
    to be sure to eat enough proteins & fats!

    Best wishes on your continued success!

    Terra
    http://journals.aol.com/terranova0/MyLowCarbJourney/

    Tags:

  2. sherry

    sherry Guest

    "Terra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Awesome start, sherry! I got a little light headed the first week.
    > After the first 3 days I would forget to eat sometimes, lol. When all
    > the stored carbohydrates are used up in the body, it has to switch
    > fuels. Once I was in ketosis the light headedness went away. I just had
    > to be sure to eat enough proteins & fats!
    >
    > Best wishes on your continued success!
    >
    > Terra
    > http://journals.aol.com/terranova0/MyLowCarbJourney/

    Thanks very much, Terra! I feel so good about today, I was worried about
    the whole day at the trade show, people all around eat junk food all day.
    I drank a ton of water, had a 3gm protein drink for lunch, had 2 handsful
    of raw sunflower seeds (about 50 total), 8 raw almonds, and munched on some
    pork rinds in between. After the show I went to a surprise birthday party
    and WOW did they put out a spread!! I don't know the carb counts of
    everything yet and was away from my internet access to look 'em up...but I
    had 5 of those tiny carrots, 6 bite-size pieces of cauliflower, 1 cherry
    tomato, and 3 shrimp (not the huge ones, about the size of my pinkie). I
    didn't have any of the dips or anything because I didn't know what was in
    them. I don't feel like I ate enough today but tomorrow will be better,
    it's steak dinner day! :)

    Anyway...I appreciate your experience and hope that mine will go away too!

    Sherry
    360/?/195

  3. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    sherry wrote:
    > "Terra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>Awesome start, sherry! I got a little light headed the first week.
    >>After the first 3 days I would forget to eat sometimes, lol. When all
    >>the stored carbohydrates are used up in the body, it has to switch
    >>fuels. Once I was in ketosis the light headedness went away. I just had
    >>to be sure to eat enough proteins & fats!
    >>
    >>Best wishes on your continued success!
    >>
    >>Terra
    >>http://journals.aol.com/terranova0/MyLowCarbJourney/
    >>

    > Thanks very much, Terra! I feel so good about today, I was worried about
    > the whole day at the trade show, people all around eat junk food all day.
    > I drank a ton of water, had a 3gm protein drink for lunch, had 2 handsful
    > of raw sunflower seeds (about 50 total), 8 raw almonds, and munched on some
    > pork rinds in between. After the show I went to a surprise birthday party
    > and WOW did they put out a spread!! I don't know the carb counts of
    > everything yet and was away from my internet access to look 'em up...but I
    > had 5 of those tiny carrots, 6 bite-size pieces of cauliflower, 1 cherry
    > tomato, and 3 shrimp (not the huge ones, about the size of my pinkie). I
    > didn't have any of the dips or anything because I didn't know what was in
    > them. I don't feel like I ate enough today but tomorrow will be better,
    > it's steak dinner day! :)
    >
    > Anyway...I appreciate your experience and hope that mine will go away too!
    >
    > Sherry
    > 360/?/195

    Maybe just me, but it really doesn't seem like you are eating enough.

  4. warehouse

    warehouse Guest

    JC Der Koenig wrote:
    > The concept of "starvation mode" is bogus. She has enough fat to

    live off
    > of for several months.
    >
    > --
    > Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. --

    MFW

    > "Xtile" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > sherry wrote:
    > >> "Terra" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >> news:[email protected]:

    week.

    all

    just had

    > >> Thanks very much, Terra! I feel so good about today, I was

    worried about
    > >> the whole day at the trade show, people all around eat junk food

    all day.
    > >> I drank a ton of water, had a 3gm protein drink for lunch, had 2

    handsful
    > >> of raw sunflower seeds (about 50 total), 8 raw almonds, and

    munched on
    > >> some pork rinds in between. After the show I went to a surprise

    birthday
    > >> party and WOW did they put out a spread!! I don't know the carb

    counts
    > >> of everything yet and was away from my internet access to look 'em

    > >> up...but I had 5 of those tiny carrots, 6 bite-size pieces of
    > >> cauliflower, 1 cherry tomato, and 3 shrimp (not the huge ones,

    about the
    > >> size of my pinkie). I didn't have any of the dips or anything

    because I
    > >> didn't know what was in them. I don't feel like I ate enough

    today but
    > >> tomorrow will be better, it's steak dinner day! :)
    > >>
    > >> Anyway...I appreciate your experience and hope that mine will go

    away
    > >> too!
    > >>
    > >> Sherry
    > >> 360/?/195

    > > Maybe just me, but it really doesn't seem like you are eating

    enough.

    There is a prevailing attitude that equates borborygmus with
    starvation. Perhaps it is a cultural attitude that complete satiety
    through massive consumption is not only normal but sacrosanct. Any
    deviation beyond a full stomach is an incomprehensible situation to be
    avoided at all costs. Even to the point of having bariatric surgery
    performed in order to keep the "full feeling" yet actually reducing
    consumption. The rationalization of this approach is inconceivable.
    If they were starving themselves by eating 100 grams of cottage cheese
    a day before they had artificially self-mutilating stomach volume
    reduction surgery, then why aren't they starving themselves now that
    they can ONLY eat 100 grams of cottage cheese a day? Pureed New York
    strip steak? Yummy.

    Portions of the medical community have carved out (NPI) a niche with
    this self-agrandizing proposition: "Surgical treatment is medically
    necessary because it is the only proven method of achieving long term
    weight control for the morbidly obese."1 They go as far as promoting
    that self-control as a viable and preferable alternative is a medical
    impossibility: "These studies confirm that morbid obesity is a disease,
    not a disorder of willpower, as sometimes implied." If this is the
    case then Gulags in remote Siberia can become profit centers for weight
    loss clinics. They will have achieved their goals through "medical"
    intervention and treatment.

    The quick fix is the golden rule for most. The concept of
    self-discipline is foreign and noxious to their behavior. Every third
    post in this newsgroup begs for an cheat, an out, or a ruse in
    calculating how many grams of food they should not be eating on the
    low-carbohydrate approach. Its all a game in their approach to
    maintaining their old habits of stuffing increasing quantities of
    "low-carb" food into their gullets.

    Then there are the ubiquitous enablers that coddle, cajole and promote
    bad eating habits as a way of keeping everyone else fat. They either
    perform this public service as a strategy to look skinny in a crowd of
    fat folk in denial or perhaps they have a pecuniary interest in driving
    up medical costs for an increasingly corpulent society.

    Sample newbie posts run the gamut from;
    "How many low-carb raisin bagels from AtkinBarfCo should I be eating?",

    "Hi. I'm new here at 300/298/140 and I love the LC lifestyle. I
    whooshed 2 lbs so far eating 4 kilograms of homemade Deer Jerky
    yesterday. Yum.",

    "Does anybody have a recipe that you can cut and paste here for LC
    pancakes because my ISP's Domain Name Server refuses to connect me to
    Google and/or I just heard of the internet and I don't know what a FAQ
    is.",

    "Please help me as I am a stay-at-home mom that provides an endless
    supply of nutrient poor food to my children and it is much too much of
    a temptation to not eat all of their french fries. Is there a way to
    make mashed cauliflower look/taste/feel like potatoes? I tried my own
    recipe on the 3, 7 and 9 year-olds and they locked me in the basement
    for a week!"

    "My brother tried LC but it was too expensive and his wife wouldn't let
    him eat vegetables. She heard from a neighbor that they use pesticides
    on them and that they are unhealthy. The $5.00 box of cereal comes
    with a pledge of wholesomeness right on the label. There is no such
    pledge on the package of Romaine lettuce. Which one whould you trust?"

    "Do these pants make me look fat?"

    ....pyloric valve shut now...sorry for the rant...

    1 - http://www.asbs.org/html/rationale/rationale.html

  5. warehouse wrote:
    > Sample newbie posts run the gamut from;
    > "How many low-carb raisin bagels from AtkinBarfCo should I be eating?",
    >
    > "Hi. I'm new here at 300/298/140 and I love the LC lifestyle. I
    > whooshed 2 lbs so far eating 4 kilograms of homemade Deer Jerky
    > yesterday. Yum.",
    >
    > "Does anybody have a recipe that you can cut and paste here for LC
    > pancakes because my ISP's Domain Name Server refuses to connect me to
    > Google and/or I just heard of the internet and I don't know what a FAQ
    > is.",
    >
    > "Please help me as I am a stay-at-home mom that provides an endless
    > supply of nutrient poor food to my children and it is much too much of
    > a temptation to not eat all of their french fries. Is there a way to
    > make mashed cauliflower look/taste/feel like potatoes? I tried my own
    > recipe on the 3, 7 and 9 year-olds and they locked me in the basement
    > for a week!"
    >
    > "My brother tried LC but it was too expensive and his wife wouldn't let
    > him eat vegetables. She heard from a neighbor that they use pesticides
    > on them and that they are unhealthy. The $5.00 box of cereal comes
    > with a pledge of wholesomeness right on the label. There is no such
    > pledge on the package of Romaine lettuce. Which one whould you trust?"
    >
    > "Do these pants make me look fat?"

    Normally I don't encourage these kinds of rants (however well written) but,
    as Larry would say, "I don't care who you are, that's funny right there."
    http://www.favewavs.com/wavs/current/thatsfunny.wav

    LOL!

    Mark

    --
    260/225/200 since: 18/01/2005 month-start: 226
    http://www.delorie.com/health/asdlc/

  6. sherry

    sherry Guest

    "warehouse" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:
> [...]
    > is.",
    >
    > "Please help me as I am a stay-at-home mom that provides an endless
    > supply of nutrient poor food to my children and it is much too much of
    > a temptation to not eat all of their french fries. Is there a way to
    > make mashed cauliflower look/taste/feel like potatoes? I tried my own
    > recipe on the 3, 7 and 9 year-olds and they locked me in the basement
    > for a week!"
    >
    > "My brother tried LC but it was too expensive and his wife wouldn't let
    > him eat vegetables. She heard from a neighbor that they use pesticides
    > on them and that they are unhealthy. The $5.00 box of cereal comes
    > with a pledge of wholesomeness right on the label. There is no such
    > pledge on the package of Romaine lettuce. Which one whould you trust?"
    >
    > "Do these pants make me look fat?"
    >
    > ...pyloric valve shut now...sorry for the rant...

    Your post certainly has more than a few grains of truth, and gave me my
    first chuckle of the morning :).

    Sherry
    360/?/195