Re: America's Most Influential Man to Help National Bicycle Greenway

Raphae

Guest
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:55:41 GMT, Cycle America <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Because Indy Greenways has
>proven so successful at increasing property values,

Its sad that a movement to do something good for the community always
has to have an appeal to good old greed.

What about inner city kids who will more than likely grow up and never
be able to afford homes in their lives, and who must incessantly
breath in the cancer-causing toxins and suffer the consequent adverse
affects of particulates, nitrous oxides, hydrocarbons, and other
emmisions? I guess that argument doesn't hold a candle to the good
old greed appeal.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:50:02 GMT, Raphae <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:55:41 GMT, Cycle America <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>Because Indy Greenways has
>>proven so successful at increasing property values,

>Its sad that a movement to do something good for the community always
>has to have an appeal to good old greed.
>
>What about inner city kids who will more than likely grow up and never
>be able to afford homes in their lives, and who must incessantly
>breath in the cancer-causing toxins and suffer the consequent adverse
>affects of particulates, nitrous oxides, hydrocarbons, and other
>emmisions? I guess that argument doesn't hold a candle to the good
>old greed appeal.

I wonder if we'll ever attain social justice as a consequence of
greed?