re: Any triathletes or competitive runners or bikers near W. Brookfield, MA?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by tri123, Oct 8, 2003.

1. tri123

tri123 New Member

Hi:
    I may be relocating to West Brookfield, MA, and I'm wondering what the TRI and competitive runner/biker community is like around that area???

Any body from around that area of MA??

Thanks,
    TRI123

Tags:

2. Donna T

Donna T New Member

Hi Tri123,
    Thats a great area! North are the Worcester Hills and west are the Bershires. Spectacular riding.
    I don't know of any specific groups near West Brookfield, but I do know that there are quite a few groups that are based out of the Northampton area (which is just west on Rte 9) that could give you some leads. you might try the Northampton Cycling Club (which just acquired John VandeVelde's portable velodrome). Also, Aldo Tiboni, who owns a local tour company, Ride Noho, grew up in the area and races locally (you could probably reach him through ridenoho.com), might be able to lead you to some groups.
    There is a pretty involved cyclocross season in the area too.

Specific to triathalons you could look at the FIRM website (http://firm-racing.com/) as it is a Massachusetts based organization.

You'll also be a stones throw from the Fitchburg Longsjo Classic next summer.

Good luck!

3. tri123

tri123 New Member

Hi Donna--
    Thanks so much for this useful info. Yes, I'm aware of the Firm and I undoubtedly be in touch with them! Thanks for the info. about N. Hampton as well! Fairly close by!

Thanks very much for the excellent info.
    Tri123 :)