Re: Anyone here doing Atkins?

Carmen

Guest
On 21-Dec-2004, [email protected] wrote:

> Let me repeat, so this is very clear.
>
> THE ATKINS / LOW CARB DIET FAD IS OVER

SNIP

> Please be aware, a new diet plan will be available shortly after the
> start of the new year. This will require you to purchase new books
> and will eliminate an entirely different food group giving you
> another challenge, and another health risk to encounter. Start
> saving your
> money now, so you are prepared to purchase all the necessary items
> for this new diet plan,while the excitement grows. In the meantime,
> enjoy the break between diet plans during which time you are
> encouraged to
> eat anything and everything you want, and put on huge amounts of
> weight in order to regain your strength before you are once again
> stress your metabolism into another shock method to test your
> willpower and challenge your body to see if it survives.

Woo hoo! On January 1st I'll have been doing this low carb thing for
6 years and I'm getting bored. All the damnable faddists this year
have made low carbing popular, mainstreaming it and messing with my
plan. The whole "In your face!" factor got lost in the hullaballoo.
People stopped getting red in the face when I asked for no bread in
restaurants. Bah! Who needs the acceptance of the masses when you
can get far more enjoyment out of pissing them off?
I hope this new diet eliminates food by shape. "Don't be square, be
slim!" Sure, I'd have to avoid fudge covered graham crackers and sheet
cake, but I'd have an excellent excuse not to eat tofu ever again.

Take care,
Carmen

In alt.support.diet.low-carb Carmen <[email protected]> wrote:
> I hope this new diet eliminates food by shape. "Don't be square, be
> slim!" Sure, I'd have to avoid fudge covered graham crackers and sheet
> cake, but I'd have an excellent excuse not to eat tofu ever again.

It could mean... donuts? A man can dare to hope?

Dan
325/193/190
Atkins since 1/1/02 (yeah, it was a New Year's Resolution)
Besetting sins: good beer, German bread, and Krispy Kremes

Hi Dan,
On 21-Dec-2004, Daniel Hoffmeister <[email protected]>
wrote:

> In alt.support.diet.low-carb Carmen <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I hope this new diet eliminates food by shape. "Don't be square,
> > be slim!" Sure, I'd have to avoid fudge covered graham crackers
> > and
> > sheet cake, but I'd have an excellent excuse not to eat tofu ever
> > again.

> It could mean... donuts? A man can dare to hope?
>
> Dan
> 325/193/190
> Atkins since 1/1/02 (yeah, it was a New Year's Resolution)
> Besetting sins: good beer, German bread, and Krispy Kremes

<laughing> Last night at Kroger there was a Krispy Kreme delivery
truck and a Wells Fargo truck parked outside. Of the two the one my
husband and I joked about hijacking was the Krememobile. <G> DH is
godawful thin with a high metabolism and no diabetes (despite being 41
on the 28th of December) so KKs aren't off limits for him. Cretin.
;-) Good thing I love him.

Take care and fight the Kreme!
Carmen

Hi,

Carmen:

Dan:
> >> It could mean... donuts? A man can dare to hope?
> >>
> >> Dan
> >> 325/193/190
> >> Atkins since 1/1/02 (yeah, it was a New Year's Resolution)
> >> Besetting sins: good beer, German bread, and Krispy Kremes

Carmen:
> ><laughing> Last night at Kroger there was a Krispy Kreme delivery
> >truck and a Wells Fargo truck parked outside. Of the two the one
> >my husband and I joked about hijacking was the Krememobile. <G>
> >DH
> >is godawful thin with a high metabolism and no diabetes (despite
> >being
> >41 on the 28th of December) so KKs aren't off limits for him.
> >Cretin.
> >
> >;-) Good thing I love him.
> >
> >Take care and fight the Kreme!
> >Carmen

Graphic Queen:
> I would be lucky since I can't stand KK donuts. I just think they
> are too godawful sweet, just seems to be sugar and nothing else.

Carmen:
Ah, but for the fans that's what makes them special. They're a
delicate sugar glaze over a melt-in-your-mouth puff of barely there
pastry. <G>

Graphic Queen:
> I tend to like donuts from donut shops that are mom and pop owned
> instead of
> the chain ones. But he is so lucky to have that kind of metabolism.
> My
> husband was the same way and could anything he ever wanted, but that
> was when he was 41. By the time he got to 60, a few years ago, he
> had to start watching his weight and all.

Carmen:
DH has always been very thin. He had to gain weight to join the
military. Who would have thought they'd have weight *minimums*? If I
recall, he had to weigh 147 pounds at 6'5" tall. Now he's a more
robust 185, but at his height he's got a long way to go before he's in
danger of bumping up against the Army's height-weight standards. With
physical training being a mandatory part of his job that's not likely.

Your DH is pretty lucky, since most men seem to start going to
pot(bellies) in their early 30s. As long as he keeps mindful of his
weight he might hang around to get underfoot for years to come. I
hope so for your sake. :)

Take care,
Carmen

Hi,
> >Carmen:
> >Your DH is pretty lucky, since most men seem to start going to
> >pot(bellies) in their early 30s. As long as he keeps mindful of
> >his weight he might hang around to get underfoot for years to come.
> >hope so for your sake. :)

Graphic Queen:
> he is lucky and I do love him so. Sounds like yours is also lucky
> and lucky to have you.

He seems to think so, and vice-versa, so I think we'll last. 17 years
and counting, and I not only love him more now, I also *like* him more
now than when I married him. That's probably a good sign. :)
Enjoy your time with DH, and have a peaceful holiday season.

Take care,
Carmen

Carmen wrote:
|| He seems to think so, and vice-versa, so I think we'll last. 17
|| years and counting, and I not only love him more now, I also *like*
|| him more now than when I married him. That's probably a good sign.
|| :)

Wow....so what is the secret?

In article <[email protected]>, Graphic Q
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:44:28 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Wow....so what is the secret?
> >

> Respect...Love...Kindness...and Willingness to work at all times.
> Marriage is not always 5-/50 like so many seem to think. Many times it
> is 60/40, 80/20 and vice versa. It is just an ever changing life
> between two people who promised to be together and thought it was
> worth it to do it.
>
> Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

YES! And the "perfect wedding" does not always make the perfect
marriage. I say that because so many people assume that if the wedding
is perfect, it all stops there. I call this the "American Musical Myth."
Why? Because, in the perfect American musical, all is fraught with
difficulty up to the wedding, and then there's the perfect wedding.
They never show what happens after the wedding.

I have a friend who is divorced, whose husband emotionally and verbally
abused her. Things led to other things, and her life basically went
down the toilet, but all she can say, over and over (insert deep
Southern accent here for affect) "But I had the most beautiful weddin'!"

She did - it was the marriage that sucked.

I've been married 13 years, and I have to say - it only gets better, and
better - but we do work at it from time to time - with discussions,
willingness to compromise, and to support the other person, even when we
don't agree 100%. Of course, the other side of that is that we also
agree to tell the other when the other is full of bs, which is essential
- and we agree to listen, when the other says it (not in the heat of a
moment, of course, though sometimes that gets revisited, too.)

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the ;) to send mail).

Graphic Q wrote:
|| On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:44:28 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
|| <[email protected]> wrote:
||| Wow....so what is the secret?
|| Respect...Love...Kindness...and Willingness to work at all times.
|| Marriage is not always 5-/50 like so many seem to think. Many times
|| it is 60/40, 80/20 and vice versa. It is just an ever changing life
|| between two people who promised to be together and thought it was
|| worth it to do it.
|| Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for your comments.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:44:28 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:

> Carmen wrote:
>|| He seems to think so, and vice-versa, so I think we'll last. 17
>|| years and counting, and I not only love him more now, I also *like*
>|| him more now than when I married him. That's probably a good sign.
>|| :)
>
> Wow....so what is the secret?

Don't be an asshole.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:29:38 GMT, Carmen wrote:

> He seems to think so, and vice-versa, so I think we'll last. 17 years
> and counting,

31 going on 38.

>and I not only love him more now, I also *like* him more
> now than when I married him. That's probably a good sign. :)

Same here.

And you don't necessary even need a wediding or marriage to have a good
relationship. My SO and I have lived together for 22 years, I promised him
50, if we make it that long we'll both be too decrepit to run off with
anyone else. We had some rocky times early on but it looks now like it
will last. :)

In news:[email protected],
Nancy Howells <[email protected]> stated

| YES! And the "perfect wedding" does not always make the perfect
| marriage. I say that because so many people assume that if the
| wedding is perfect, it all stops there. I call this the "American
| Musical Myth." Why? Because, in the perfect American musical, all is
| fraught with difficulty up to the wedding, and then there's the
| perfect wedding. They never show what happens after the wedding.
|
| I have a friend who is divorced, whose husband emotionally and
| verbally abused her. Things led to other things, and her life
| basically went down the toilet, but all she can say, over and over
| (insert deep Southern accent here for affect) "But I had the most
| beautiful weddin'!"
|
| She did - it was the marriage that sucked.
|
| I've been married 13 years, and I have to say - it only gets better,
| and better - but we do work at it from time to time - with
| discussions, willingness to compromise, and to support the other
| person, even when we don't agree 100%. Of course, the other side of
| that is that we also agree to tell the other when the other is full
| of bs, which is essential - and we agree to listen, when the other
| says it (not in the heat of a moment, of course, though sometimes
| that gets revisited, too.)

Oops, I was a year off, it's 23 years.

In news:[email protected],
FOB <[email protected]> stated