Re: Apollo CX 10S. What do you think?

John Hearns

Guest
On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 12:17 -0800, salmon wrote:
> Just wanted to get opinions on the Apollo CX 10S bike. I bought one
> but have been reading some of the earlier posts which don't seem to
> rate Apollo very highly. The price was my main factor due to being on
> a limited budget and concerns about it being stolen anyway in London.

Get on on your bike. Enjoy it.

As you're in London, if you want to enjoy cycling find out about your
local LCC group, and go on a weekend ride. I did that several years ago,
and have never looked back.
LCC = London Cycling Campaign http://www.lcc.org.uk/

Each London Borough has a local LCC group - each has its own webpage, so
you won't find all the rides listed on the LCC site I'm afraid.
http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?Pageid=31

I can assure you that LCC rides are not like "roadie club" rides where
people will cycle off into the distance. They're sociable rides at a
slow pace, usually going somewhere interesting. And no-one will even
notice what sort of bike you have, unless maybe to notice it is shiny
and new.

There is also a whole series of FREE maps of cycle routes in London
http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=37
Phone up and order a set and you can go and explore some out of the way
places.
Depends where you live in London, but your new Apollo bike could take
you up the Lea Valley route right up to Waltham Abbey on the M25, past
the Olympics site. Or down the south bank of the Thames past Greenwich
and the Millenium Dome.